Hands off donny! (1 Viewer)

CovisGod

Don't think he'd go, he's got a long term vision for Cov and unless we go under cant see him jumping ship

ccfcway

perhaps they are getting Robins as a thnaks for helping SISU with the rent negotiations

covcity4life

no chance

why would he leave? yes they have better chance of promotion but we are still in with a shout and we have a better squad to boot

its short term thinking to go donny, they wouldnt have potential to be a player in championship whas cov have if we ever get finances sorted

he wouldnt go imo

aviles

After we smashed them 4-1 on their turf ???? No chance if he gets us promoted this season it will do so much for his reputation taking over a team at the bottom of league 1 with no backing from the board no money. A bigger team would come in for him he wont leave us for doncaster we have a better squad, history, stadium (at the moment)

mattylad

He wont go to Doncaster but it does show what a fight we will have on our hands when a bigger club does come a knocking. If the bookies are noticing him then be sure other clubs are too!

ashbyjan

Nice to see our manager being linked with other clubs rather than the sack - shows he must be doing something right. Doubt he would go when things are going well here - only reason would be if he is being blocked on transfers behind the scenes but there seems to be no evidence of that.

torchomatic

Joint fifth favourite? Nah, can't see him going there. I would have expected Wolves to have come in for him rather than Donny. Not worried about it, to be honest.

dongonzalos

What is their financial situation?

I ask this as I genuinely don't know.

Are they in any disputes with anyone, are they under any threats of winding up embargo's etc....

I can't see it happening as MR has already put a lot if hard work in.

Yes they are in. Better position promotion wise.

However we are a bigger club (potential wise)

I could only see it happen if MR knew something we don't about the finances if our club and he expects in the future not to be supported.

So I think it is unlikely.

Diehard Si

There are plenty of sides I'd be worried about Robins leaving us for, Doncaster are NOT one of them.

completely backwards step.

dongonzalos

What is their financial situation?

I ask this as I genuinely don't know.

Are they in any disputes with anyone, are they under any threats of winding up embargo's etc....

I can't see it happening as MR has already put a lot if hard work in.

Yes they are in. Better position promotion wise.

However we are a bigger club (potential wise)

I could only see it happen if MR knew something we don't about the finances if our club and he expects in the future not to be supported.

So I think it is unlikely.

Just read the link, wish I had not given it time now.
Just bookies needing names

dongonzalos

Nice to see our manager being linked with other clubs rather than the sack - shows he must be doing something right. Doubt he would go when things are going well here - only reason would be if he is being blocked on transfers behind the scenes but there seems to be no evidence of that.

Agree, .......

dongonzalos

He wont go to Doncaster but it does show what a fight we will have on our hands when a bigger club does come a knocking. If the bookies are noticing him then be sure other clubs are too!

In a way it is good as it shows SISU will have to lee backing him, he left a previous club as he was not backed

covey1987

Donnie are not flushed with cash so they will probably look for an out of work manager that they will not have to buy out of a contract. Just bookie talk & won't happen, I hope

Sub

hopefully this might encourage SISU to invest in the team more and sort the of the field crap out, if they are worried robins might go :whistle: and with it the only chance of getting their money back

skybluesam66

the last 2 managers where we did not allow to move - Adams and Dowie - very quickly had a turn around of form, and only a few months later we were all wishing they had gone . If we lose v preston and carlisle - things will not look so rosy in the sky blues garden

CovMatt1987

The clue in how likely it is he will go can be found on the fourth sentance of this article, where it says 'other names thrown into the hat.........'

that about says it all. thats all they are doing - throwing names into a hat. theres no basis or substance to it. its basically bookies deciding who they think best fits the job.

Robins is a manager in the same league, doing well, pretty young - it fits well for them to put his name in there. chances of it happening? it wont

Big_Ben

the last 2 managers where we did not allow to move - Adams and Dowie - very quickly had a turn around of form, and only a few months later we were all wishing they had gone . If we lose v preston and carlisle - things will not look so rosy in the sky blues garden
We're doomed, I tell ye, doooomed!!

Brighton Sky Blue

Donny are a smaller club with less potential. Achieving a first top 6 finish in over 40 years will also be a much better addition to the CV.

Users who are viewing this thread