Happy Valley (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Just got to the bit where he kills the copper, that's a bit graphic. Was this the bit you meant?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Sorry Nick! Just getting to read this now.

The officer being killed was indeed the graphic bit. Just the sound effects and knowing what those 'sounds were' meant you didn't need to see it actually happen.

Didn't help that she was not bad looking either! Bit like another drama (I forget which one) where the fit copper was killed off too early and didn't have enough screen play ;)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Did anyone see last nights episode? Wow! I didn't think it was going to be that good, then the end came. What an ending! And for a change, the main conclusion has come in episode 4/6, so there's more to come!

Again, I can't wait for the next episode

Johnnythespider

Haven't seen it yet but am off all next week, is it on iPlayer, will catch up if it is.

stupot07

Yeah it was brilliant last night, not sure where the last 2 episodes are going to go. I can't believe how graphic the violence is given its on bbc one at 9pm.

wingy

Yeah it was brilliant last night, not sure where the last 2 episodes are going to go. I can't believe how graphic the violence is given its on bbc one at 9pm.
Would recommend Hinterland to you all as well On demand BBC four.

Done very much in the Style of the recent Nordic police Thrillers ,Fantastic welsh Scenery,Good use of Incidental music ,even the Odd subtitle .:)

sw88

Chief Commentator!

It could go in a few directions. But I think he'll do a runner while the Sergeant is tended to, and then he'll turn his attention to the young boy, his son. Certainly can't see him being arrested straight away in next weeks episode. That would be pretty boring ;)

I think then the Sergeant will go through a recovery period, before going back to work and being the one to catch up with him. Will she arrest him, or take matters into her own hands, like the cop (Warren Browns character) in good cop? Who knows....

stupot07

Will check our Hinterland. Luthers brilliant, especially the first 2 series!

Yeah think you're pretty much bang on there, will be interesting to see which way it goes.

wingy

Can only find episodes 2, 3 & 4 of Hinterland on On Demand. Is it one we'd need to see the first episode first or is it one you can catch up on what's happening?

No Sw they're all individual Stories all 1.5 hrs long ,hope you can find episode one ,a particularly strong storyline .

stupot07

Yeah, good ending to a great series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

aloisiwouldhavescored

Happy Valley was an excellent series, and a great ending last night.

Also enjoyed Hinterland and Luther (all 3 parts).

Some excellent dramas on TV.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Yes, indeed it was! Very good writing from Sally Wainwright. Look forward to seeing more of her stuff.

Must admit, I didn't think Catherine was going to use the extinguisher in the way that she did. I thought she was going to lamp him atleast once with it!

Fair play to her colleagues who I assume failed to see the final couple of size 10 kicks she gave him, with her getting her arm bits / numbers back.

Looking forward to a second series. It's certainly been left open for one, and with the lead player in a position to continue their role!

Am part way through the first series of Luther. Not got round to watching the hinterland's I managed to download.

Otis

Next week, Otis is reading Oliver Twist for the first time.
Seen the movie, not going to bother with the book.

He's a clever chap though that Dickens fella isn't he. To imagine he wrote Consider Yourself, Oom Pah Pah and Food Glorious Food all those many years ago, way back in 1837.

A man well ahead of his time.

Otis

Yeah, some great performances. Pushed the boundaries of belief at times, but the performances pulled it all through.

Users who are viewing this thread