Harry ready to sell Keane (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

Keane_2499109.jpg
Redknapp confirms striker can leave in January
Harry Redknapp is ready to sell Tottenham striker Robbie Keane to the highest bidder in the January transfer window.
The Republic of Ireland international has slipped well down the pecking order at White Hart Lane and spent a spell out on loan with Celtic last season.
With Jermain Defoe, Roman Pavlyuchenko and Peter Crouch all ahead of him in Redknapp's thoughts, Keane has started just two games this term despite the club's added commitments in the UEFA Champions League.
The well-travelled forward has been linked recently with moves to Aston Villa and Major League Soccer's newly re-formed Vancouver Whitecaps.
Confirming he had held talks with the player, Redknapp said: "I think he'd like to move - he wants to play, you know?

Biggest fee

"Whoever offers the biggest fee will, I suppose, be the answer in January.
"He's not used to not playing. All his career, he's played and been a big player and he wants to play. He could sit here and take his wages, but that's not him.
"He wants to play football. He trains hard, works hard every day, he's shown a great attitude. Probably the hardest decision I had to make was last week: I couldn't get him on the bench.
"It wasn't easy when you respect somebody and what a good player he is or has been. It was hard, because he's still a good player."
Redknapp, who added he knew nothing of the Whitecaps' interest, also denied trying to bring Emmanuel Adebayor to White Hart Lane, insisting the Manchester City striker's wages are too high

Users who are viewing this thread