Harry Redknapp 'mugged in Madrid' (1 Viewer)

dutchman

Harry Redknapp has revealed that he was mugged while attending a football match in Madrid on Thursday.

The Tottenham Hotspur manager, who was in the city to watch Real Madrid play Atletico Madrid, said that the incident happened while he was outside the stadium with his assistant manager Kevin Bond.

He told the BBC: "I'm walking round the outside of the stadium, it's a fantastic atmosphere, there's all little stalls there selling sweets. The next thing there's two guys on their knees in front of me and I felt someone pull my overcoat.

"I thought, 'What are you doing?' The next thing he's got my keys on the floor. I'm going, 'Let go of my trousers', pushing them away. While I'm doing that they're rifling my pockets, there were about six of them. And then they went.

"I went to put my hand in my pockets and realised what they'd done. They took everything. All my money, credit cards, everything really. I just probably looked stupid or something, and they thought, 'Here's one here - he's not Spanish, obviously, and we're looking for a foreigner'."

Users who are viewing this thread