Harry reveals England vision (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

HarryRedknappvBerne_2494392.jpg

Tottenham manager offers thoughts on tactics

Harry Redknapp has offered his thoughts on how England could get the best out of all their attacking options.

Redknapp has been touted as a possible England manager of the future and has previously admitted it would be hard to turn down such an opportunity.
He insists Fabio Capello is the man to lead the team to Euro 2012 and feels the Three Lionscan triumph in Ukraine and Poland, but has been intrigued by the tactics in recent games.
Peter Crouch started up front alongside Wayne Rooney in the goalless draw against Montenegro on Tuesday but Redknapp does not feel his Tottenham striker's biggest weapon was utilised effectively.
"Peter Crouch is 6ft 7in tall so his best asset is an obvious one," the Spurs boss said in his column in The Sun.
"It's no good putting him up front and then trying to play the ball to his feet all the time.
"Peter is a technically good player but England should use his height - because he towers above most defenders.
"I'm the last one to advocate the long-ball game but, if you have a player like Steven Gerrard who can put the ball on his head from 35 yards out, do it.
"While he does that, the team can surge forward as a group and pick up the second ball, the knockdown they know is coming.
"If you're not going to make the most of Crouchie, don't play him, simple as that. Use a little striker instead."

Golden triangle

England were without Frank Lampard for the clash at Wembley, sparing Capello the well-documented problem of how to fit the Chelsea midfielder into the same team as Steven Gerrard.
It has been a talking point for many years with various managers trying to come up with a solution, and Redknapp has now given his opinion.
"I have a vision of a 'golden triangle' for England," he explained. "Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard in the middle, with Wayne Rooney playing off a striker and dropping back a little bit.
"In that way, he can play just in front of the two central midfielders and is a great link-man between midfield and up front.
"There is no doubt Rooney is still a world-class striker. But again when Lampard is missing, there is an obvious gap in the team.
"I think Rooney is perfectly suited to the role of dropping off a main striker, because he is superb at running at defences with the ball.
"England still have great width and the emergence of two new wide players - plus the likes of Aaron Lennon, Theo Walcott and the others - is an encouraging sign."
Redknapp added: "I am still bullish about the team.
"England had a poor World Cup, yet we still have the players and manager to go and win Euro 2012."

Users who are viewing this thread