Harvey Weinstein / Sex Scandals (1 Viewer)

Otis

The saddest thing about this is it shows how much people will put up with it so long as they achieve fame
Disagree with that pretty much entirely, Macca. How many take up acting for the fame? And how many take up acting because they love it and are bloody good at it?

This is their job. Change your sentence to 'it shows how much people will put up with as long as they can keep their career and job' and it takes on a completely different connotation entirely.

My daughter is a brilliant little actress. She does acting because she is bloody good at it. These actresses knew they could have their careers wiped out in an instance by people such as Harvey Weinstein. You think they should risk all their hard work and efforts in the knowledge that could be the end of their careers?

Macca

Career, fame whatever
If it's not reported people who abuse their power will continue to abuse it
Some of them have spoke of rape. Surely if reported and guilty he would have done time and they would have continued to built their career. Would love to have seen this scumbag nailed

Otis

Career, fame whatever
If it's not reported people who abuse their power will continue to abuse it
Some of them have spoke of rape. Surely if reported and guilty he would have done time and they would have continued to built their career. Would love to have seen this scumbag nailed
Surely there is a big difference between someone seeking fame and someone trying to build a career.

I completely understand why no-one spoke out and the fact so many knew makes it all the worse and so much harder for you then to speak out about it.

Macca

Well I am as I'm sure you will be with yours teaching my daughter that nothing... money,career or fame is worth being manhandled by a sleazy pervert. The only thing she will need to know is how to remove disable testicles with 1 kick

The Lurker

Surely there is a big difference between someone seeking fame and someone trying to build a career.

I completely understand why no-one spoke out and the fact so many knew makes it all the worse and so much harder for you then to speak out about it.

can’t beleive what im reading here. people who don’t speak up are as bad as the perpetrators. most sex cases will never do just once so if you don’t speak up, it will happen to another person. why should anyone be scared to speak up against it scum like him?

Otis

People who don't speak up are as bad as the perpetrators?

So a rape victim is as bad as the rapist if they don't say anything?

I am not going to even bother to even offer an answer to that and will let that statement just sit here and speak for itself.

The Lurker

so you both think it’s acceptable not to say anything? the Obama’s and Clinton’s knew as did the whole of Hollywood but nothing said. Why?

Nick

Administrator
so you both think it’s acceptable not to say anything? the Obama’s and Clinton’s knew as did the whole of Hollywood but nothing said. Why?

There is saying they should speak out, and there is saying they are just as bad as the person doing it.

What an awful attempt at an argument.

"People who say nothing are as bad as attackers"
"So people who say nothing are OK then?"

Where have people said it's perfectly fine not to say anything? Different story to "people who say nothing are as bad as the attackers".

The Lurker

I think your not understanding my argument. Many in Hollywood knew about his antics, it was a running joke at oscar ceremony’s. in my eyes they are just as bad! I’m saying all people who knew are accountable not the victim

Joy Division

can’t beleive what im reading here. people who don’t speak up are as bad as the perpetrators. most sex cases will never do just once so if you don’t speak up, it will happen to another person. why should anyone be scared to speak up against it scum like him?

You aren't one one the victims, your opinion doesn't matter.

NorthernWisdom

I think your not understanding my argument. Many in Hollywood knew about his antics, it was a running joke at oscar ceremony’s. in my eyes they are just as bad! I’m saying all people who knew are accountable not the victim
Then why write "people who don’t speak up are as bad as the perpetrators"?

That is not true.

You didn't change that when Otis asked "So a rape victim is as bad as the rapist if they don't say anything?"

Maybe it's dawning on you what a fecking stupid, crass, sick comment you actually made to begin with, and now you're trying to wriggle out of it instead of just fronting up to the fact it was bang out of order.

The Lurker

Then why write "people who don’t speak up are as bad as the perpetrators"?

That is not true.

You didn't change that when Otis asked "So a rape victim is as bad as the rapist if they don't say anything?"

Maybe it's dawning on you what a fecking stupid, crass, sick comment you actually made to begin with, and now you're trying to wriggle out of it instead of just fronting up to the fact it was bang out of order.

exactly what I said. If people don’t speak up nothing will change. That’s a fucking fact you lefty c**t! people knew he was a sex case yet fuck all said. he was a massive donator to Obama’s charity and Clinton’s. speaks volumes doesn’t it

chiefdave

If it was so known about that it was a running joke at Oscar ceremonies someone must have spoken about it at some point. You have to ask why it wasn't looked in to earlier. That isn't necessarily down to the individual victims.

Its been reported his contract has a clause preventing him being fired in the event of a sexual assault charge, his staff were bringing girls to hotel rooms for him. There's far more people who were complicit in this who should have the finger pointed at them before the victims.

xcraigx

If it was so known about that it was a running joke at Oscar ceremonies someone must have spoken about it at some point. You have to ask why it wasn't looked in to earlier. That isn't necessarily down to the individual victims.

Its been reported his contract has a clause preventing him being fired in the event of a sexual assault charge, his staff were bringing girls to hotel rooms for him. There's far more people who were complicit in this who should have the finger pointed at them before the victims.

Well, yeah there's going to be a lot of people who have been complicit in this. Whoever allowed such a clause to be added to a contract for example. Surely that would have set alarm bells ringing.

Grendel

Sounds pretty much like the Saville case here. I refuse to believe that those who were high up knew nothing about it.

Well I think Hollywood actively applauds it. Meryl Streep will probably lead a standing ovation at the next Oscars.

skybluetony176

Was reading some stuff about the two Corey’s as they were known (RIP Corey Haim) and it’s truly horrific. Hopefully some other people in Hollywood who’ve been getting away with some truly revolting and horrific behaviour will get caught up with and brought to justice now.

ajsccfc

Glad to see references to lefties and Hillary Clinton crowbar their way in, always good to have that spill over from the politics threads.

Otis

Glad to see references to lefties and Hillary Clinton crowbar their way in, always good to have that spill over from the politics threads.
Yeah, as if being left wing or right wing makes you a really bad person.

It's all very weird.

Grendel

Yeah, as if being left wing or right wing makes you a really bad person.

It's all very weird.

It's hardly that though is it really? Hilary Clinton has tried foolishly to compare this character to her adversary Trump while st the same time having taken money off him to destroy Monica Lewinsky in the courtroom and also no doubt used his funds as part of an -$800,000 dollar pay off to silence a women who "had an encounter" with Mr Clinton.

Otis

It's hardly that though is it really? Hilary Clinton has tried foolishly to compare this character to her adversary Trump while st the same time having taken money off him to destroy Monica Lewinsky in the courtroom and also no doubt used his funds as part of an -$800,000 dollar pay off to silence a women who "had an encounter" with Mr Clinton.
Not talking about that. Am talking about Lurker calling NW a 'lefty c**t.'

Why does being on the left, or indeed, the right, make you a c**t?

Grendel

Women spoke up about Trump and fuck all happened, if you're rich and powerful you can get away with murder.

People spoke up about Bill Clinton and Hilary got her mate Harvey to help fund court actions to trash them

skybluedan

Id probably still give Hilary a portion, she a bit of an old sort
Who the fuck is Harvey wernstien ? And what's he done

ajsccfc

Is there a Hillary Clinton fixation here that I've been lucky to miss until now? I mean, everyone was having a lovely time just talking about Hollywood scumbags and wondering whether the person who was responsible for a crime was actually the person responsible for a crime, the old left right Trump Clinton bollocks seems shoehorned in somewhat.

Grendel

Is there a Hillary Clinton fixation here that I've been lucky to miss until now? I mean, everyone was having a lovely time just talking about Hollywood scumbags and wondering whether the person who was responsible for a crime was actually the most responsible for a crime, the old left right Trump Clinton bollocks seems shoehorned in somewhat.

Hilary has decided to use him for her political ends while on tour here so it's a perfectly reasonable point of discussion.

Users who are viewing this thread