Haynes (1 Viewer)

ajsccfc

He threw up on the pitch early on, much like Zinedine Zidane. Coincidence? Probably.

Gaz

Christ he really did look like he was shitting himself, But I thought he did alright and after a few more first team minutes under his belt, he will be even better

ajsccfc

Once he chucked up he was alright (we've all been there). Richard Wood was talking to him the entire game too which I assume is the main reason Wood was back in the side so quickly.

The CableGuy

He's part of CCFC (Holdings): The Next Generation.

I suspect he may be a regular starter next season, what with FFF and all.

Nonleagueherewecome

Once he chucked up he was alright (we've all been there). Richard Wood was talking to him the entire game too which I assume is the main reason Wood was back in the side so quickly.

Totally agreed. Wood and Moussa as well worked very hard covering him and talking him through the first 25 minutes. Once he dealt with that one-on-one with two good strong blocks, he looked a lot better. I thought his touch was good, he was pretty solid defensively once he settled, and he seems to be fairly two-footed for a LB, which is the first time I've been able to say that about a City player in that position since....David Phillips?

stupot07

Moussa covered him? You are joking? Moussa pretty much disappeared in the central midfield for the entire game leave Haynes isolated for long periods.

SkyBlueRuffian

Looked nervy on the pitch at the start, but came into the game well.

Sounds even more nervy being interviewed post match. Or is that just because its Clive quizzing him ;) ......

i'd be more nervous if Geoff Foster was interviewing me ;)

Nonleagueherewecome

Moussa covered him? You are joking? Moussa pretty much disappeared in the central midfield for the entire game leave Haynes isolated for long periods.

Yes, two or three blocks early on where Haynes was nowhere, just marking space and a yard behind play. It was right in front of me. You and I....we don't watch the same game, do we? :D

Sutty

There were times in the 1st half where Moussa was virtually playing as a second left back. When we had the ball however, he drifted infield, so Haynes was the only player wide on that side. It led to a pretty cramped midfield area. If we're going to have that many players in central areas we need a few of them to offer meaningful support to the striker.

Thought Haynes did ok. Nothing spectacular, but I liked the way he was always looking to pass the ball. It would have been easy to resort to belting the ball long whenever it came near him, but he seemed comfortable enough bringing the ball down and looking for a team-mate.

Steve.B50

I thought he got better as game went on but ever our best player yesterday. I thought he was vulnerable, odd not help when e had sick note in front of him.

I thought he got better as game went on but ever our best player yesterday. I thought he was vulnerable, odd not help when e had sick note in front of him.

Ahhh right, hopefully a bit more exposure will help him settle in and become a solid player for us, think at his age I would have shit my pants never mind looked a bit vulnerable :laugh:

georgehudson

a creditable debut, especially considering his quick promotion to the squad,
but, what did Mr Bell bring to the party ?

Nonleagueherewecome

a creditable debut, especially considering his quick promotion to the squad,
but, what did Mr Bell bring to the party ?

One good corner and one bloody atrocious foul. That is all. But he's going to be incredibly unfit even by his standards, isn't he?

georgehudson

i think Mr Dulieu had it sorted (maybe for himself), when he gave out long term contracts,
where is he now ?
cue JS stage right to make a comment,
................... silence,

Sterling Archer

I don't think he's ready for first team football. Thats not a criticism of him, its Pressley who picked him and gave him a chance. He looked very vulnerable and first half it seemed as though our lads were too scared to pass to him! This is football, you have to be ruthless in your team selections. One for the future but certainly not ready yet.

I bet Jordan Clarke was fuming about it though, surely he should've played?

Do you think we are going to get in the play offs, Sterling? Or relegated? No, nor me. Just because we want to win every game, doesn't mean that blooding a natural left back in a game that doesn't impact on our season in any real way was a bad thing. I certainly don't see at as a reason to criticise Pressley - Haynes was nervy, but grew into the game and played alright. He now has 90 minutes of first team football under his belt. He may not be ready at present, but he is closer to being ready having made his debut.

RoboCCFC90

I don't think he's ready for first team football. Thats not a criticism of him, its Pressley who picked him and gave him a chance. He looked very vulnerable and first half it seemed as though our lads were too scared to pass to him! This is football, you have to be ruthless in your team selections. One for the future but certainly not ready yet.

I bet Jordan Clarke was fuming about it though, surely he should've played?

Yeah but if you don't play the players that our deemed our future then its wasting talent. I would prefer Elvis threw one of our academy boys in rather than a loan player from another club, at least that way its benefiting our players for the future and showing them that if they work hard enough they can prosper for the club. Although it makes me angry seeing Conor Thomas on the bench all the time, undoubtably worth a go in Midfield yet Elvis prefers to stick with Jennings and Bailey..

Yeah but if you don't play the players that our deemed our future then its wasting talent. I would prefer Elvis threw one of our academy boys in rather than a loan player from another club, at least that way its benefiting our players for the future and showing them that if they work hard enough they can prosper for the club. Although it makes me angry seeing Conor Thomas on the bench all the time, undoubtably worth a go in Midfield yet Elvis prefers to stick with Jennings and Bailey..

Absolutely right, at this tme of the season with NOTHING apart from pride to play for we really shouldn't be playing loan players if Pressley is the Messiah of bringing acadamy players through the ranks as we were lead to believe, some people have been screaming for our youngsters to get a game and when they do they moan about it, strange really?

RoboCCFC90

Absolutely right, at this tme of the season with NOTHING apart from pride to play for we really shouldn't be playing loan players if Pressley is the Messiah of bringing acadamy players through the ranks as we were lead to believe, some people have been screaming for our youngsters to get a game and when they do they moan about it, strange really?

This is true Mick, we hear a lot about the potential of players such as Thomas, Willis, Lobjoit and many more previously, I just hope that come next season with FFP being implemented we see more of our younger players having an impact on the first team..

spwaverley4916

the lad did ok - give him a chance -some on here were screaming for pressley to give the youguns a chance and when he does - you give one of them grief!!!

Users who are viewing this thread