Head of recruitment (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

Who would you like to see?

This might be a bit leftfield but I'm thinking Dave Hockaday might be worth a shout.

Knows non league well, which let's face it is where we're likely to be shopping and no I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with that because the other reason I think DH is worth a shout is because he was behind Stokes coming here from non league which would suggest he also has an eye for a player who can make the step up.

Discuss.

torchomatic

I want whoever is HoR at Peterborough.

clint van damme

the main thing for me would be allowing them to recruit early. If they're still trying to cobble a team together in August then no matter how good they are they'll be fighting a losing battle.

Grendel

Who would you like to see?

This might be a bit leftfield but I'm thinking Dave Hockaday might be worth a shout.

Knows non league well, which let's face it is where we're likely to be shopping and no I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with that because the other reason I think DH is worth a shout is because he was behind Stokes coming here from non league which would suggest he also has an eye for a player who can make the step up.

Discuss.

Shock horror Tony makes a point worth discussion

trevelfarandwide

In our circumstances, someone who knows non-league and possess savvy would be absolutely indispensable as head of recruitment.

Non league is where we should be doing most if not all of our recruiting.

ccfc92

Oh, are we not going for championship or L1 players this year? :rolleyes:

I'd agree, Thorn back in as scout plus someone with lower league knowledge for HoD, if financially possible.

Gems in the lower leagues will be crucial. Has beens will see us in limbo in L2.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

We definitely need to get a proper set up sorted out. With no academy and no player funds, we really need to be scouting non-league with a fine tooth comb

It doesn't sound like Venus has left any foundations in terms of scouting - Robins didn't sound positive about the scouting team.

skybluetony176

Andy Thorn. When he was head of scouting he got some gems in. Rubbish manager but good at what he should be doing.

Problem with Thorn is the colour of the and the amount of water that went under the bridge.

Hockaday on the other hand arrived, brought in Stokes, did some coaching and left leaving Stokes with us while not being involved in relegation.

Not sure if Hockaday would consider a roll back at the club but I personally can't think of any reasons not to consider him. Other than MR wants his own guy and it's not DH.

Last edited:

ovduk78

No budget no point try to keep some of the players we have.fleck tomorrow night player of the season given away.
Wasn't Fleck's contract up he turned down the offer of a new contract because he wanted to play in the champonship & then he joined Sheff Utd? They obviously offered him more money but we couldn't give something away that we didn't own

Grendel

Andy Thorn. When he was head of scouting he got some gems in. Rubbish manager but good at what he should be doing.

Yes we could do with a few more David Bells, Garry Deegans, Steven Wrights, Chris Husseys, Sammy Clingans and Kevin Malagas - yes we could.

robbiekeane

Wasn't Fleck's contract up he turned down the offer of a new contract because he wanted to play in the champonship & then he joined Sheff Utd? They obviously offered him more money but we couldn't give something away that we didn't own
Stop talking truth you it's not welcome here

Hobo

Fisher is head of recruitment. Stupid tosser just doesn't realise it.

Astute

Problem with Thorn is the colour of the and the amount of water that went under the bridge.

If you wanted what was best for our club you would welcome him back for the role. Just like we have welcomed Robins back.

If anything Robins was the worse out of the two. He did his best then left mid season for another job. Thorn did his best and was sacked.

skyblue1991

If you wanted what was best for our club you would welcome him back for the role. Just like we have welcomed Robins back.

If anything Robins was the worse out of the two. He did his best then left mid season for another job. Thorn did his best and was sacked.
Just re-read your bottom paragraph and think about it for a minute...

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Astute

Just re-read your bottom paragraph and think about it for a minute...

He got sacked for not being a good manager. But he wouldn't be back as a manager.

Robins and his Sky Blue blood left us as soon as he got a better offer. Would you say with confidence that he would stay with us in Division 4 if he got a better offer again?

rupert_bear

If anything Robins was the worse out of the two. He did his best then left mid season for another job. Thorn did his best and was sacked.[/QUOTE]

Robins left because of woeful Waggott, fact!

Astute

Robins left because of woeful Waggott, fact![/QUOTE]
He left because he got a better offer. More money at a club higher up. Fact!

Astute

Anybody even contemplating the thought of having Andy Thorn back here is deluded.
He was good at what he did before he became manager. And he is better than what we have now.

I am not saying that we should bring him in. But I don't hold a grudge for someone who tries their best. If Robins thought he was the one he wanted to help him I would welcome him back. Just like I welcomed Robins back. I want what is best for my football club.

skyblue1991

He was good at what he did before he became manager. And he is better than what we have now.

I am not saying that we should bring him in. But I don't hold a grudge for someone who tries their best. If Robins thought he was the one he wanted to help him I would welcome him back. Just like I welcomed Robins back. I want what is best for my football club.
Andy Thorn is one of the worst managers we've had in our history.

Forget trying hard; I want us to have the best manager possible, to win matches and climb up the leagues.

Astute

Andy Thorn is one of the worst managers we've had in our history.

Forget trying hard; I want us to have the best manager possible, to win matches and climb up the leagues.

Can you read? Who said about him coming back as manager?

Users who are viewing this thread