Hello, support from a womble (1 Viewer)

Womble

I'm a local AFCWimbledon supporter, I also supported Wimbledon FC until we were given/sold/ franchised to MK.

Whilst your scenario is a bit different you are still being uprooted against your will. Here's some advice, I wish no malice towards the fans of coventry so please take this as intended.

Your owners are incompetent pricks, you have to fight them. No matter what the issue, coventry can not be owned or run by these people. Coventry should be in coventry not Northampton. So what can you do.

You've got to protest in significant numbers, not the 150 the other day its got to be vast swathes of rabid hardcore coventry fans.
Boycott everything, the games, merchandise. I would suggest you make a shirt or something that everyone can buy to show your hand and raise some money to fight this. Just think if you sold a few thousand shirts. You need to get money behind you to fight.

The fa will be powerless if the club pleads its case. We thought the fa would stop mk happening but it didn't, after being rejected several times by the fa and fl, Charles koppel sought arbitration and 1 villa scum and 1 twat lawyer sent us to mk on a 2-1 vote because winkleman told loads of bullshit and ignored the actual facts ( it was all a property deal for asda and ikea to build him a free stadium, our boycotting drove the club into liquidation and he had to fork out millions to keep our league share alive to enable the free stadium build... Almost 10 years later the prick still ain't finished it). If sisu or whatever you want to call them go down this path, the fa and its borderline fucktards will act in their favour and fuck you lot over.

Do not start up a Phoenix club. You can still win this, coventry are a decent sized club and we saw you can draw around 10% of the local population if it matters. I suggest the trust or fans bodies call a public meeting somewhere and get yourself organised, you cannot play in Northampton. That will decimate your club.

Stop thinking of the players or team. They are club employees and in the grand scheme of things they won't care about you. It's time to realise YOU are coventry city fc not a bunch of customers, its YOUR football club, you'll be there long after these fucks are long gone onto some other bullshit project.

I really hope you win this, I will help if needed. I can't offer cash, or guarantee anything, but I've been there...

Fluffsta

Great post my friend. What has happened is a disgrace. It's great to have the support we are now getting from other clubs.

Nonleagueherewecome

Well said, Womble.

RegTheDonk

Womble cheers for your kind words and empathy to our plight. And I agree with your 2nd last paragraph - the majority of players have no real love of our club other than picking up their wages. I don't hold that against them, its just their job.

As soon as we all stop in-fighting maybe we can do as you suggest and get something done.

Womble

I just heard a loony on the radio. There's got to be a concerted media campaign, flood the local airwaves, bombard their email, comments boxes on websites with one sturdy message.

There's a massive NO in Northampton or something similar. You can do this, I can pass on contacts at afcwimbledon to anyone interested about positive media influence.

bigfatronssba

I just heard a loony on the radio. There's got to be a concerted media campaign, flood the local airwaves, bombard their email, comments boxes on websites with one sturdy message.

There's a massive NO in Northampton or something similar. You can do this, I can pass on contacts at afcwimbledon to anyone interested about positive media influence.

Any chance of getting the Wimbledon board to put out a statement expressing their concern about history repeating itself?

That would certainly grab a few headlines and remind the fl/fa of the blood on their hands.

Womble

I will contact the trust chair and see what we can do. I know Erik was on local radio recently.

bigfatronssba

Johnnythespider

great post, and very inspiring. May i be the first to wish you a wombling merry christmas, Sorry couldn't stop myself.

Users who are viewing this thread