Henderson ignores transfer talk (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

Jordan-Henderson_2119750.jpg
Former Coventry City loanee Jordan Henderson linked with big transfer move.
Jordan Henderson is not allowing talk of a transfer to one of the Premier League's heavyweight's to distract from his Sunderland career.
The midfielder has been linked with Manchester Untied in the January transfer window as Sir Alex Ferguson searches for a long-term replacement for Paul Scholes.
But Henderson is not paying attention to the speculation and is happy with Sunderland,
spacer.gif
who sit sixth in the table after Saturday's 3-0 win over Blackburn Rovers.
The 20-year-old, who was an influential part of the victory against Rovers, said: "It doesn't bother me, to be honest. I am not sure what the crack will be, but I am loving my football here at the minute.
"I have always wanted to play for this club and I am loving every minute."
Manager Steve Bruce has been at pains in recent weeks to manage Sunderland's expectations after their excellent first half of the season.

And if Henderson's outlook is anything to judge by, he has got his message across successfully.
The midfielder said: "I don't think we can think about Europe. We just need to concentrate on one game at a time and at the end of the season, see where we finish.
"We are in a good position at the minute, but the league is that tight, a couple of results either way and you could be up or down.
"It is important in the next couple of games for us to get back to winning back-to-back games and kick on again."
The past year has been 12 months to savour for Henderson, who won a first senior England cap against France in November, and he is keeping his fingers crossed that 2011 brings further development.
Henderson said of 2010: "I will look back on it very happily, to be honest. I have achieved some goals I have set myself, and hopefully I can do the same this year and it will be even better.
"But I can't really think about it too much and dwell on it. It's gone and I need to concentrate on the future now."

Users who are viewing this thread