Higgs vs CCFC Court Row (1 Viewer)

Lorksalordy

Does anyone know how long a judicial review takes on average ? If this is the warm up then Nick probably needs to get some more server space ordered in readiness. I also need to replenish my stock of give a toss as am running seriously low now.

slyblue57

Having read every page of this saga I m just gutted that it shows how closed minded every one is.
Satan him/herself could be ACL /CCC/SISU or the Judge and everyone is so entrenched as to I hate one or the other.
Theres no middle ground. It seems as if there has to be one and only one winner and its not CCFC.
Some want a ACL/CCC win ,some, a few, want a SiSu win.
I m open minded, I do nt believe anyone has told the full truth. I believe Higgs wanted to sell their share to Sisu
or anyone really, but the Council played them and did nt allow it. Would that have been good ? I do nt know but we could have
been at the Ricoh now.

J

Jack Griffin

Hi guys, sorry I haven't had time to update directly!

Here's the full report http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/sisu-v-higgs-court-battle-6916957

The website is playing up a bit, so please be patient!

Thanks for your encouragement these past three days. It's been a real challenge.

And thanks for reading too!

Like the picture gallery accompanying Simons Article, here is Laura Deering
JS34548344-Medium.jpg

and if you think the reading has been heavy so far, look at this pic of case notes leaving the court..
JS34548320-Medium.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jack Griffin

judge made plain that the criticisms made by Sisu of the Trustees' conduct were "misplaced and unfortunate allegations" = bullshit

He (Judge Legget) said: “The criticisms made of the trustees by Sisu as to the propriety of their conduct and the allegations made about them undermining the bargain seem to me to be misplaced."
“It is unfortunate that accusations were made in some of the terms Sisu used in these proceedings.”

wingy

I don't think It's any coincidence he's changed his appearance while all the shite goes off In public .

At some point In the future he's going to have to mingle outside of the SISU bubble to earn his crust again.

duffer

Christ I've grown a beard recently, is a scandal set to engulf me?

You should be so lucky mate. I've had a beard for years (before they were even fashionable in fact). Despite many, many attempts, I can't seem to get involved in anything scandalous. ;)

Hobo

Having read every page of this saga I m just gutted that it shows how closed minded every one is.
Satan him/herself could be ACL /CCC/SISU or the Judge and everyone is so entrenched as to I hate one or the other.
Theres no middle ground. It seems as if there has to be one and only one winner and its not CCFC.
I m open minded, I do nt believe anyone has told the full truth. I believe Higgs wanted to sell their share to Sisu
or anyone really, but the Council played them and did nt allow it. Would that have been good ? I do nt know but we could have
been at the Ricoh now.

No middle ground? My post page 173

"I have not noticed any evidence been put forward in the form of documents. All seems a bit he said she said.

They might decide both parties tried to do a deal, you both messed each other around, both both incurred costs, tough!"

Think the Judge agreed with me?

lordsummerisle

The saddest are the folk who have awaited the 'smoking gun', and all this council subterfuge to come out in court, who have had a taster of it in the last few days, and still refuse to see what's right in font of them; and still have no shame, and will happily trot along using the limp disguise of 'supporting the lads'. You're not supporting the lads, you're supporting the actions of those who are killing the club - but are too selfish to see past that clear fact

Some of this council subterfuge appears to now be in the open.

Willl you now
still refuse to see what's right in front of them; and still have no shame,

Astute

been at the Ricoh now.

Higgs did try to sell their share to SISU. SISU offered to pay them over 10 years. 1.5m down and the rest over the 10 years. Higgs said no. Cash only. So SISU offered 2m full cash settlement. Of course Higgs turned it down. Nothing to do with CCC in the slightest. All this was from Deering whilst under oath.

lordsummerisle

Higgs did try to sell their share to SISU. SISU offered to pay them over 10 years. 1.5m down and the rest over the 10 years. Higgs said no. Cash only. So SISU offered 2m full cash settlement. Of course Higgs turned it down. Nothing to do with CCC in the slightest. All this was from Deering whilst under oath.

CCC thought that Sisu's offer was above the market rate:

I think the reality of the situation is that the price Higgs have negotiated [with SISU] is very significantly above the market value

and that even after the restructure I am proposing, the Charity would struggle to get much above this unless a substantial rent deal was

agreed with the Football Club.

Astute

CCC thought that Sisu's offer was above the market rate:

But a one person quote don't mean that Higgs should sell for 2m if they think it is worth more. A one person quote don't mean that CCC agreed. They seem to now value it as 7.5m as the revenues at the Ricoh are not looking bad at all considering there is no football club there ATM. And as said in court it would have to have passed the charity commission to have sold it at that rate. If it had got that far and the charity commission had said no....which there was a good chance that they would have done......Higgs would have got their 29k.

lordsummerisle

But a one person quote don't mean that Higgs should sell for 2m if they think it is worth more. A one person quote don't mean that CCC agreed. They seem to now value it as 7.5m as the revenues at the Ricoh are not looking bad at all considering there is no football club there ATM. And as said in court it would have to have passed the charity commission to have sold it at that rate. If it had got that far and the charity commission had said no....which there was a good chance that they would have done......Higgs would have got their 29k.

Nice to see that you have now carefully considered all the evidence available, decided to ignore it and reverted back to entrenched positions.

hill83

To be fair, I'm in the process of trying to grow a beard, I'm a month in and I look like I've styled it to purposely look like a pirate.
That is a cracking beard Timmy's got and I'm jealous.

H

Huckerby

Ahh.the old spineless crap.again.

Sorry I must've missed any ongoing "spineless" stuff that's gone on before it's just the first thing that comes to mind?
Everyone's entitled to their opinion...but do you not agree that adopting this kind of attitude makes it easier for SISU to pull stuff like this off?
Are you of the same thought that you don't care what happens whatsoever as long as we are back at the Ricoh?

torchomatic

Sorry I must've missed any ongoing "spineless" stuff that's gone on before it's just the first thing that comes to mind?
Everyone's entitled to their opinion...but do you not agree that adopting this kind of attitude makes it easier for SISU to pull stuff like this off?
Are you of the same thought that you don't care what happens whatsoever as long as we are back at the Ricoh?

Ok so basically you dont agree that fans who go should be called spineless, but if they do then they're spineless?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

H

Huckerby

Ok so basically you dont agree that fans who go should be called spineless, but if they do then they're spineless?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Sorry - fans who go where? Do you mean the Ricoh if we return or...?

And I didn't call anyone spineless.

covcity4life

what is this now? 5-0 to sisu?

admin will get rid
council will force new owners
we will never move grounds
rejecting cva will show them
will lose to charity in court

lets stop poking the unstoppable beast and perhaps use them to bully out way back to being relevant?

if not we still got JR at least,that's where they will really get done over! :)

spider_ricoh

admin will get rid

lets stop poking the unstoppable beast and perhaps use them to bully out way back to being relevant?

Yes, they certainly are hanging on in there

D

Deleted member 2526

admin will get rid

In terms of score-keeping, I make this:

SISU/ACL/CCC/FA/FL/Lawyers 8-0 CCFC Fans

Nick

Administrator
Went past a CET sign this morning that said SISU Win in Court, I wouldn't see it as a win though to be fair.

J

Jack Griffin

Went past a CET sign this morning that said SISU Win in Court, I wouldn't see it as a win though to be fair.

Sells more papers than "Boring 0-0 draw", but I think there is scope yet for a comic piece from some of the quotes.

lordsummerisle

I'm expecting detailed blogs from Onehundredpercent and A prison of measured time dissecting all the evidence from the case this week at anytime.

David Conn I'm sure will have some copy ready to file right now as well.

lewys33

Journalism for you. Look at how Joey Barton made a "scathing attack" on Rooney for not being World Class. Turns out he said Rooney is a great player just not on the same level as Ronaldo.

martcov

admin will get rid

What have they won? League 1 status in Northampton, 44 million debt, still no ACL share. Victory at being stubborn maybe, but nothing concrete ( not even the Ricoh ).

The unstoppable beast is charging into a brick wall.

chiefdave

Was quite surprised at the verdict when it was announced yesterday but having read Simon’s report in the CT it’s pretty clear why Higgs didn’t succeed as there was only certain circumstances the cost payment clause applied to (SISU withdrawing, SISU taking an unreasonable bargaining position, SISU seeking a reduction in price or an issue caused by outside parties).

On that basis I’m not sure what clause Higgs were hoping to apply. Maybe the price issue or showing SISU to be unreasonable by changing terms or possibly that the council wouldn’t accept the deal and that was outside Higgs control?

The interesting thing now will be to see what information comes out of this case and if any of that can be of use to either side in the JR or any subsequent claim for damages.

Users who are viewing this thread