Hill to the Holocaust - Sunderland Fans, letting go of the past - Funny Thread!! (1 Viewer)

jabharty

Most of them have grudges with something that they weren't even alive to witness. They would have done the same had it been the other way around ;)

kingharvest

Most of them have grudges with something that they weren't even alive to witness. They would have done the same had it been the other way around ;)

They did do the same. Can't remember the year but they did exactly the same, was in the guardian a few months back

They bring up Tottenham 97, I always remember their faces as we passed one of their supporters coaches on the way back on the motorway...not a happy bunch especially when they realised we were Cov.lol they went fucking ape!! :D

Evo1883

i have just read 20 pages of utter garbage , the fact is they blame one game and not the other 40 odd that they were dreadful in is hilarious , sounds also like a few keyboard warriors up there aswel, to be honest they sound like irrate virgins that took it in the jacksie from a newcastle fan ,freaks

kingharvest

I'll try and dig it out, it's much less well known but Jonathan Wilson said it and not only is he a football boffin, he's a Sunderland fan

Anyone who was at the game in 1977 will tell you there was genuine reason for a delay, around 38,000 gate, mostly paying at the turnstile with a huge away following for a night match.

OK both teams did stop playing with 10 minutes to go, but here is the reality check;

1. Sunderland were not relegated because of that match, they were relegated because they were shit all season.
2. It was in Sunderland's hands to win and stay up that night. They didn't because they were shit.

Moral of the story: Shit happens get on with it :)

ever thought of getting a job with the Samaritans...:D

Anyone who was at the game in 1977 will tell you there was genuine reason for a delay, around 38,000 gate, mostly paying at the turnstile with a huge away following for a night match.

OK both teams did stop playing with 10 minutes to go, but here is the reality check;

1. Sunderland were not relegated because of that match, they were relegated because they were shit all season.
2. It was in Sunderland's hands to win and stay up that night. They didn't because they were shit.

Moral of the story: Shit happens get on with it :)

DaleM

Bloody good idea getting a plane with a banner on . "GET SISU OUT" flying round Sixfields for first game . I will chip in. Anyone know of any light aircraft buffs ?

procdoc

I had a random Sunderland fan give me some shit on Twitter saying he's glad it's happening to Coventry. I just computer laughed in his virtual face

Monners

The game in 77 was a proper game until the 80th minute when our state of the art score board flashed up the Sunderland result from Goodison. I had this crap on the youboysingreen Irish fans forum at the start of the year. By all accounts he is a decent enough guy, and he left it when I pointed out tha tit pretty sad that a proper fan would like to see somebody elses club die (think he was surprised to find a Cov fan on the site). Incidetally many on the forum has shown a fair amount of sympathy to our current plight.

kingharvest

2nd May 1981

Sunderland went to anfield last day of the season needing a win to stay up, Liverpool had European cup final coming up. Bob paisley walks into the changing rooms and puts down a crate of champaign before the game as if to say, dont go in hard or get anyone injured and youll be ok.
Sunderland win it 1-0 and stay up. Norwich lose 3-2 and go down.

Hmmmm...interesting how they never bring that up isn't it.

Users who are viewing this thread