Hill's Lounge & Bar (1 Viewer)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Think you will find that Jon Sharpe said not only would crfc control the site but that ccfc would be tenants.

The joint venture was to split the site incomes other than match day incomes

Of course those incomes also have associated costs which must be paid before any net benefit is split between the two parties.

Wonder what the commercial rent on a city centre stadium would be?

Last edited:

wingy

The worry for me is whether Jon Sharpe is truly convinced enough to commit longterm to this proposed relationship between both Clubs.
As that signals many more years of the bearded wonder and his overlords.
meh, whatever that means. :p

Captain Dart

You could guarantee if this was a Hoffmann idea everyone against it now would have a different opinion...

I think you could guarantee a Hoffman idea would never be so shit & unworkable.

The Reverend Skyblue

The Hill's bar is definately been bought and refurbished by Hill83 off skyblues talk. I've heard He recently won a massive wad on the lottery and will be putting in a bid for the club early next week.
How do I know, well I'm best mates with his close friend who shit himself at the checkatrade final.
Have you noticed he has been very quiet on this board lately, he's too busy counting his money.

Last edited:

Ranjit Bhurpa

The Hill's bar is definately been bought and refurbished by Hill83 off skyblues talk. I've heard He recently won a massive wad on the lottery and will be putting in a bid for the club early next week.
How do I know, well I'm best mates with his close friend who shit himself at the checkatrade final.
Have you noticed he has been very quiet on this board lately, he's too busy counting his money.
Then I would hope there will be plenty of paper in the gents toilets Rev.

hill83

All will be revealed in 3 weeks.

theferret

Wanna bet???

On a CCFC ground share:

“One of the several options at the study stage is having the Sky Blues as tenants here. We have stated in writing that there would be a number of conditions to this, designed to protect Coventry Rugby’s interests, before it could be realised:- any costs associated with the project would not be borne by CRL or BPAL; the issue of primacy of tenancy would have to be resolved to our satisfaction; the pitch would have to meet all requirements of the RFU, the RL and ourselves; CRL would retain control and ownership of the site through BPAL; we prefer a stadium of not more than 12,000 capacity. Also, as I have already stated elsewhere, we will not deal with SISU.”

Actually, when the idea was first put forward about 18 months ago, it was suggested that CRFC would take control of the freehold, but the leasehold would be a 50/50 split through a joint venture company. The rugby club would keep their matchday revenues, the football club would keep all theirs and non-matchday revenues would be split 50/50. Not saying it will or should happen, but this was the commercial arrangement that was discussed initially, iirc at a SCG meeting where Jon Sharp was present.

italiahorse

A city centre stadium that we would own. It would need to be a decent size but if it gets us away from this Ricoh mess I don't see why anyone wouldn't want it?
We would not own it. How many times to people fall for this.
Like the Ricoh we would rent it.

theferret

We would not own it. How many times to people fall for this.
Like the Ricoh we would rent it.

Where are you getting that from? There has never been talk of a rent arrangement. The minutes from the SCG meeting can be found here - Coventry City Supporters' Consultative Group Meeting Minutes - Wednesday, 25th May 2016 - and it is clear (given that Phil Maynard and Jon Sharp were present when all this was being said) that the proposal (at least back then) was for a joint venture. Much has happened since that time, and with SISU's involvement it all looks very unlikely, but the arrangement being discussed then was nothing like the deal we have at the Ricoh, not even close.

italiahorse

Where are you getting that from? There has never been talk of a rent arrangement. The minutes from the SCG meeting can be found here - Coventry City Supporters' Consultative Group Meeting Minutes - Wednesday, 25th May 2016 - and it is clear (given that Phil Maynard and Jon Sharp were present when all this was being said) that the proposal (at least back then) was for a joint venture. Much has happened since that time, and with SISU's involvement it all looks very unlikely, but the arrangement being discussed then was nothing like the deal we have at the Ricoh, not even close.

Never on, never will be.
CRFC are just hoping we put some money in but they have made it clear they will own it.
Sorry to dash your hopes that Fisher sold some people..
SCG minutes ? Don't make me laugh.

theferret

Never on, never will be.
CRFC are just hoping we put some money in but they have made it clear they will own it.
Sorry to dash your hopes that Fisher sold some people..
SCG minutes ? Don't make me laugh.

The SCG minutes are merely quoting representatives of both CRFC and CCFC on their vision for the proposal at that time. You seem to have some sort of unique insight into the motives of Jon Sharp and Phil Maynard, but I don't believe this to be a CRFC conspiracy. I think it is pretty clear was the vision was at that time.

Will it happen? Almost certainly not for many reasons - not least because TF is incapable of delivering anything, but the idea CRFC would sign-up to a legally binding joint venture and then renege on that soon after is just guff with no basis whatsoever and does them a great disservice.

italiahorse

The SCG minutes are merely quoting representatives of both CRFC and CCFC on their vision for the proposal at that time. You seem to have some sort of unique insight into the motives of Jon Sharp and Phil Maynard, but I don't believe this to be a CRFC conspiracy. I think it is pretty clear was the vision was at that time.

Will it happen? Almost certainly not for many reasons - not least because TF is incapable of delivering anything, but the idea CRFC would sign-up to a legally binding joint venture and then renege on that soon after is just guff with no basis whatsoever and does them a great disservice.
CRFC will develop it, but it will be for themselves.
If CCFC are involved it will be because CRFC gain from it.
I'm just telling the poster that we will not own it. In fact if Sisu do build a stadium we will not own it.

theferret

I'm just telling the poster that we will not own it. In fact if Sisu do build a stadium we will not own it.

Your first two points are entirely correct, that wasn't the point I was making.

There are lots of reasons to scoff at the whole notion - the practical and political barriers are probably insurmountable. The point is, that if it did happen, the commercial terms would be nothing like what we have at the Ricoh, because if they were there would be no point. It would have to be a joint venture as outlined by both parties, otherwise the whole thing would be more of a non-starter than it already is. CRFC would gain massively in the sense that they would get a new facility and new revenue streams without contributing a penny, but for that they would have to concede to the joint venture proposal that would allow CCFC to keep all their matchday revenues with non-matchday split, but it would still be very much win-win for them.

Sky Blue Kid

Actually, when the idea was first put forward about 18 months ago, it was suggested that CRFC would take control of the freehold, but the leasehold would be a 50/50 split through a joint venture company. The rugby club would keep their matchday revenues, the football club would keep all theirs and non-matchday revenues would be split 50/50. Not saying it will or should happen, but this was the commercial arrangement that was discussed initially, iirc at a SCG meeting where Jon Sharp was present.

What you're saying might be true, but.. My quotes have been taken from 22nd March 2017...Just 6 weeks ago mate ;)

Captain Dart

Let me reword this a little:

A) LARGE ground sharing with a rugby club

Or

B) SMALL ground sharing with a rugby club

Tough choice

Let me have a go.

A) LARGE ground renting from a rugby club
Or
B) SMALL ground renting from a rugby club

Tough choice

Sky Blue Dal

Let me have a go.

A) LARGE ground renting from a rugby club
Or
B) SMALL ground renting from a rugby club

Tough choice

Let me try again...

A) LARGE ground renting from a rugby club that SISU will never own
Or
B) SMALL ground renting from a rugby club that SISU will never own
Or
C) A spanking new 12,000 Stadium that SISU will never build.

hmmm...A very tough choice.

ajsccfc

A) LARGE ground renting from a rugby club that SISU will never own
Or
B) SMALL ground renting from a rugby club that SISU will never own
Or
C) A spanking new 12,000 Stadium that SISU will never build.
Or
D) A 22500 seater Stadium built and owned by the club under new owners, but for the rest of your life every time you're in a room with more than three people you violently shit yourself.

Captain Dart

Choices,choices..

Grendel

Wasps RFC don't own their stadium. How many clubs do not separate the property asset from the sports club?

Liquid Gold

I know it's never going to happen but the idea of a city centre stadium that we owned is still nice to think about. If it was a genuine possibility then I'd be all for it.

As much as the facilities at the Ricoh are top notch is a horrible soulless bowl with nothing to do around there.

clint van damme

What's the difference being at the Ricoh and renting off Wasps then?
Rent tin pot stadium or rent a world class stadium.
Ricoh world class?

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread