Hola Espana (1 Viewer)

The Lurker

I'm in Benidorm 11th - 14th July, would try and get to a game possibly if it's nearby
you out there with the sheaf lot for the Orange march on 12th? our boys just came back from a stag weekend in tenerfie but we might do benni too now.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Scotland was great! - at Brora, you had to stand in a certain part of the pitch to get a signal, it was a tad remote .. I was SW88's chauffeur that week - well for most of it, I shall try to forget falling down the stairs as we left Inverness though! Remember Oggy being very rude at the non league ground in Inverness whose name I cannot remember, why he had to be so offish and arrogant I had no idea - best thing was he spoke to us first, we never bothered him !! but yes I remember thinking we would breeze back to the Championship, boy how wrong were we!!! - Anyway I have no doubt Steve will be there as ever and fair play to him..

It was a good week!! And I'd forgot about Oggy!

fernandopartridge

you out there with the sheaf lot for the Orange march on 12th? our boys just came back from a stag weekend in tenerfie but we might do benni too now.
I'm out there at that time, the Orange March ain't my thing tbh but couple of mates who happen to drink in the sheaf are going.
Saw some pictures from that stag do on Facebook

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Astute

Forgot to add something important though. If you run out in the EU and continue to use it you will be charged at the rate for using it in the EU. Best to check before you go.

SkyBlueSid

It will be interesting to see who the opponents are for these two games. The 'big' teams around Alicante have been about as successful as City recently. Murcia and Elche, once of La Liga, have both just been relegated to the third tier, (2B) and Hercules Alicante are already there. They also all play at stadiums that are far too big for them nowadays, again like City. Just to complete the comparison, they are all financial basket cases too.
Go below that and the fourth tier (Tercera Group 6) are regional teams in small municipal stadiums, often on artificial surfaces.

fernandopartridge

It will be interesting to see who the opponents are for these two games. The 'big' teams around Alicante have been about as successful as City recently. Murcia and Elche, once of La Liga, have both just been relegated to the third tier, (2B) and Hercules Alicante are already there. They also all play at stadiums that are far too big for them nowadays, again like City. Just to complete the comparison, they are all financial basket cases too.
Go below that and the fourth tier (Tercera Group 6) are regional teams in small municipal stadiums, often on artificial surfaces.

Hercules would be decent

Garryb80

Murcia is another within 45 minutes. Those would appear to be the 2 to play. 30000 grounds too and both appear to be at the third level. Elche once relegated due to economic mismanagement so we have a lot in common!

Astute

Murcia is another within 45 minutes. Those would appear to be the 2 to play. 30000 grounds too and both appear to be at the third level. Elche once relegated due to economic mismanagement so we have a lot in common!
SISU have a Spanish club as well?

SkyBlueSid

Murcia is a really nice city. Their ground, the New Condomina, is very much like the Ricoh in size and design. I've been there a couple of times, but when they were far better than now, and there used to be a good atmosphere. They used to play at a small ground in the city centre, the Condomina, which is a bit of a dump. I believe there is another team playing there now, UCAM Murcia.

Elche is a good place too, one of my favourite Spanish cities. Their team was relegated from La Liga for financial matters, saving Eibar from the drop. Now they have been relegated again to 2B. They have a fine stadium, the Manuel Martinez Valero, which holds about 36000 and was used for the 1982 World Cup. These days they rarely open the top tier.

Either of those would be a great trip, I may even be tempted to hop across for a few days myself. However, it would be typical of City to be playing some teams from the Tercera (4th tier) in a tatty little ground holding about 2000, there are plenty to choose from! And it will be the Spanish close season, their play-offs are still going on from last season.

vow

Murcia is a really nice city. Their ground, the New Condomina, is very much like the Ricoh in size and design. I've been there a couple of times, but when they were far better than now, and there used to be a good atmosphere. They used to play at a small ground in the city centre, the Condomina, which is a bit of a dump. I believe there is another team playing there now, UCAM Murcia.

Elche is a good place too, one of my favourite Spanish cities. Their team was relegated from La Liga for financial matters, saving Eibar from the drop. Now they have been relegated again to 2B. They have a fine stadium, the Manuel Martinez Valero, which holds about 36000 and was used for the 1982 World Cup. These days they rarely open the top tier.

Either of those would be a great trip, I may even be tempted to hop across for a few days myself. However, it would be typical of City to be playing some teams from the Tercera (4th tier) in a tatty little ground holding about 2000, there are plenty to choose from! And it will be the Spanish close season, their play-offs are still going on from last season.
We're doomed!

martcov

It's relentless isn't it? Imagine if there wasn't one. "is this how far we have fallen" etc.

It won't just be the matches, it will be training and team building and squad bonding.

And they usually get some form of sponsorship- so I heard...

Somerset Sky Blue

I'm disappointed nobody has been juvenile enough to make some condomina jokes...

Marty

Are these games going to be behind 'closed doors'?

Users who are viewing this thread