Holloway Sacked (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Apparently on the way out of the door!

kg82

Heard that. Ridiculous decision if you ask me. Even if they go down, financially they're in a great position and would've had a good manager with a proven track record of getting teams into the prem.

fernandopartridge

Heard that. Ridiculous decision if you ask me. Even if they go down, financially they're in a great position and would've had a good manager with a proven track record of getting teams into the prem.

After letting him spend a lot of money they really should have just saw the season out. He's got a good record of getting teams promoted but less good at keeping them up. I think really it's probably down to over achievement in winning promotion in the first place. Palace weren't fancy last season and Blackpool weren't either when they went up.

kg82

After letting him spend a lot of money they really should have just saw the season out. He's got a good record of getting teams promoted but less good at keeping them up. I think really it's probably down to over achievement in winning promotion in the first place. Palace weren't fancy last season and Blackpool weren't either when they went up.

He's only had one chance at trying to keep a team up, hasn't he? Bit unlucky then too. Completely right about overachieving with both teams. Which makes you think they might be more understanding.

kg82

So it seems he wasn't pushed. Strange press interview where he said he wasn't up to the challenge and a lot of the players are annoying him! I have more respect for him now, it's honest and he just didn't carry on doing it to get the money. Fair play to him.

CCFC88

He's an overrated manager, the team he took up was put together by Dougie Freedman and he almost cocked it up!

CCFC88

The anomaly, he did well to get them promoted, but truth be told any manager can get a team promoted from the championship by getting a decent group of players playing well at the right point in the season to get promoted, Keane, Boothroyd, Dowie etc the list is endless.

Compare his failures with his successes and it is very onesided, Plymouth, QPR, Leicester and to an extent Palace. He spent a lot of money whilst at Leicester and QPR and did nothing with them!

kg82

The anomaly, he did well to get them promoted, but truth be told any manager can get a team promoted from the championship by getting a decent group of players playing well at the right point in the season to get promoted, Keane, Boothroyd, Dowie etc the list is endless.

Compare his failures with his successes and it is very onesided, Plymouth, QPR, Leicester and to an extent Palace. He spent a lot of money whilst at Leicester and QPR and did nothing with them!

Wait! Did you just say any manager can get a team promoted if they get a decent bunch of players playing well at the right point of the season?!?! Okkkkkk! Surely that right there is a sign of good management?! And he changed his football philosophy after Leicester. That's why he had such success. And yeah, getting 2 teams promoted is success. I don't get all this and he nearly cocked it up?! They went up didn't they?! They weren't the 2 or probably even the 3rd best team in that league last season and he took them up, freedmans team or not.

CCFC88

They were first when he took over and finished 5th, they won 1 of their final 10 games of the season, thats how they nearly cocked it up.

Im not saying that hes a bad manager, I said he was overated. He didnt build a promotion winning team he inherited it and just about finished the job.

Would you class 46 games in charge and a win % of 30% a successful spell?

kg82

They were first when he took over and finished 5th, they won 1 of their final 10 games of the season, thats how they nearly cocked it up.

Im not saying that hes a bad manager, I said he was overated. He didnt build a promotion winning team he inherited it and just about finished the job.

One club. And yeah, he was successful, he got them promoted. Pull out all the stats you want, he got them up.

henry the wasp

They were fourth when he took over were'nt they?

Covstu

he is an okay manager but i think by his admission he doesnt have the premier league experience. His leaving conference was very weird, almost touting for a new manager in Pulis. In my opinion, h made a fatal flaw in replacing the whole squad exactly like QPR did. A team of strangers who are not 'clicking' and he could not control them. The 'tired' excuse was a bit of a cop out but i guess it is easier to walk than get pushed.

CCFC88

Holloway up to his old tricks again, struggling to work his "magic" at another club.

Looking like 3 of 4 to go down and Charlton with 3 games in hand and level on points, will need all of his "management" skills to get himself out of this prediciment

mark82

Holloway up to his old tricks again, struggling to work his "magic" at another club.

Looking like 3 of 4 to go down and Charlton with 3 games in hand and level on points, will need all of his "management" skills to get himself out of this prediciment

To be fair he did pretty well with Blackpool and Palace.

Users who are viewing this thread