Houchen Vs Thomas (1 Viewer)

Who's goal is best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ccfc92

I've watched both probably 100 times each, both are very similar goals IMO.

The pass and move technique down the wing.

The pin point cross.

The fantastic finish.

Question is, which is best?

Feel free to add feedback to your vote :)

mds

As Riyad says, houches was one of the most if not the most iconic of Wembley goals, no two ways about it, probably amongst the best FA Cup final goals ever, but the Thomas goal, for what it meant to the long suffering supporters, after nearly 20 yrs of abject shite, the relief when that shot went in that maybe, just maybe, we can win something here..........as much as the FA Cup win means something or meant when we won it, Georges goal was the shining light, the hope and the future, without hope there is no future.

Dread to think!

Last edited:

ccfc92

I never got to experience '87, I was -5 unfortunately.

But time seemed to stand still when Thomas struck that ball. From the third tier of Wembley, I watched that ball cross the line almost from a bird's point of view.

Literally, from Thomas's foot to the corner of the net, the ball seemed to take minutes to get there.

I didn't appreciate how good the goal, the build up, and the moment was, until I watched the game again on the Monday!

dongonzalos

Thomas wonderful technique. Yet, the ball from Bennett and audacity to dive to head it in makes Houchen's the best.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Plus one was against mabbut, Hoddle Waddle and it won the FA cup.
The other was against Oxford and it won the Checkatrade cup

Flying Fokker

Emotions. Why get exited about that trophy. You can't take the FA Cup from Houchens goal either. Thomas's goal was not as spectacular for starters. The Spurs game was true underdogs. There were quality players. The momentum of the FA cup gelled the team. All the stars lined up that day. And beside that.... Houchen scored the better goal..

Dhinsa's_Millions

Not even sure there is a question to pose here!

Houchen's header was far, far better! Irrespective of the joy the Thomas goal brought to fans it wasn't as good technically or from a fans' point of view. Houchen's goal was far more symbolic and was a culmination of a season of great achievement and a team who played for each other and the manager.

In a year or two we won't fondly remember this season as 'the year George Thomas brought Oxford to their knees' more the utter dogshit team we have that resulted in our relegation to the fourth tier of English football.

KG7

Emotions. Why get exited about that trophy. You can't take the FA Cup from Houchens goal either. Thomas's goal was not as spectacular for starters. The Spurs game was true underdogs. There were quality players. The momentum of the FA cup gelled the team. All the stars lined up that day. And beside that.... Houchen scored the better goal..

Were we? That's the narrative peddled in the media but didn't we beat them twice that season prior to the cup final? We weren't a plucky little team back then. We were a strong first division side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnnythespider

Technically George's goal wins for me, the first touch followed by the instant half volley. From where I was sitting it was in from the moment it left his boot, but aesthetically it's Houchen every time, there is only one goal better than a diving header and that is a bicycle kick. So until someone scores a bicycle kick at wembley for us Houchen wins.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

clint van damme

Were we? That's the narrative peddled in the media but didn't we beat them twice that season prior to the cup final? We weren't a plucky little team back then. We were a strong first division side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lost 1-0 at WHL and won 4-3 at HR, (one of my all time favourite games).

peeler

George Thomas' goal was fantastic & I think this guy will have a great future, but Houchen for me.

wingy

Technically George's goal wins for me, the first touch followed by the instant half volley. From where I was sitting it was in from the moment it left his boot, but aesthetically it's Houchen every time, there is only one goal better than a diving header and that is a bicycle kick. So until someone scores a bicycle kick at wembley for us Houchen wins.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Only leaves a Scorpion to surpass that. :p

letsallsingtogether

Houchen scored against international players, Thomas scored against Division 3 players no comparision really.

dongonzalos

Oh shut up you prick

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I've watched both probably 100 times each, both are very similar goals IMO.

The pass and move technique down the wing.

The pin point cross.

The fantastic finish.

Question is, which is best?

Feel free to add feedback to your vote :)
Yes the George Thomas goal is quality , but you have to take into consideration the opposition on the day !!!
The then Tottenham side in 87 was full of international players , So Keith Houchen it is for me .

Users who are viewing this thread