Houston floods (1 Viewer)

xcraigx

Is anyone else watching the developing news in and around Texas with the unimaginable flooding caused by Hurricane Harvey?

The scenes are quite unbelievable and it seems as though it's likely to get worse over the next couple of days. It has the feel of another Katrina, only 2 deaths officially announced so far but there are going to be thousands upon thousands of people in many areas that just can't be reached at the moment.

It certainly shows that when it's man versus mother nature there is only ever one outcome.

chiefdave

Terrible scenes. The response from Trump has been pathetic, when asked by the press if he had a message for the local people he said good luck.

Gazolba

How about that photo of the old ladies in the care home knitting away waist deep in water.
And you thought only the British could be so stoic in the face of adversity.

Si80

A friend lives in Houston. The pics and videos she has put up on Facebook of the storm coming in and the flooding around her is crazy. Her husbands a Dr and his clinic has been flooded and looted.

Utter shit times for them. Hope they get all the aid they need from Trump.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Terrible scenes. The response from Trump has been pathetic, when asked by the press if he had a message for the local people he said good luck.

I saw your logo and as I scrolled down knew that I would be about to see Trump somewhere...

Hopefully the people left in the shit get the help they need.

Nick

Administrator
Do you disagree? Can't say I've been impressed with his response. His decision to divert money from flood defences to building his wall isn't looking too clever now either.

Won't ever get flooded if Mexico does though if there's a massive wall ;)

giphy.gif

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Do you disagree? Can't say I've been impressed with his response. His decision to divert money from flood defences to building his wall isn't looking too clever now either.

I think it remains to be seen to be completely honest. Looks like he's off to Texas today so hopefully he'll get shit sorted quickly.

Gazolba

I think it remains to be seen to be completely honest. Looks like he's off to Texas today so hopefully he'll get shit sorted quickly.
One person can't wave a magic wand and take away all that water.
And even the most fervent Trump critics can't pin storms and rainfall on him.
There's still a drought and water restrictions in California.
So the rain just fell in the wrong place.

Captain Dart

Gazolba

Be cautious when donating to disaster relief relating to Hurricane Harvey.

Theft
The registration of more than 500 domain names associated with Hurricane Harvey have been observed over the last week. Many of these domains appear malicious. Malicious actors preying on peoples generosity will use these new domains to post links to fake charities on social media and create fraudulent websites that solicit donations for victims of the hurricane using phishing emails that can also deliver malware.

Malware
Special news events often trigger a malware campaign by online criminals who use interest in the event to spread malware via social media and phishing emails. The time between the special event and the related malware attack has steadily decreased and now averages less than 24 hours. In the past we have seen these malware campaigns in response to events such as the Boston Marathon bombing, California wildfires, and major Hurricanes.

Users who are viewing this thread