How Do You Handle Things ? (1 Viewer)

pastythegreat

Exactly, doesn't matter how hard you are if they have guns and huge machetes that will take your arm off and are intent on killing as many as possible.

I'm not sure about the thought process to get their phones out or even in the aftermath start filming things.
I suppose it's just the world we live in these days, something we'll just have to get used to. I've had one person say to me that it's useful for the security forces to use as evidence afterwards! I don't buy that for a minute!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
I suppose it's just the world we live in these days, something we'll just have to get used to. I've had one person say to me that it's useful for the security forces to use as evidence afterwards! I don't buy that for a minute!

I can't see how it would even come into your mind at that split second.

If it is for that reason you hand it to the police and not tweet it.

pastythegreat

Exactly. I don't get what help it would give the police anyway? 99 out of 100 of these cases are "known to the police" anyway! Some sketchy video filmed from a couple of hundred yards away of people's feet stampeding away isn't gonna help anyone? Just the sun newspaper!

Nick

Administrator
I watched a film the other week, think it was called night crawler. Bloke got to crime scenes to film it for a living to sell it to the news. Was quite good

Sick Boy

It's the equivalent of people standing and staring at such events or slowing down for car crashes.

pastythegreat

I watched a film the other week, think it was called night crawler. Bloke got to crime scenes to film it for a living to sell it to the news. Was quite good
And this is where my problem with journos/paps is. It's all well and good getting thir scoop, first on the scene, pats on the back all round, job well done. But do they ever stop a think about the victim? The families of the victim and the impact it has on them?
For example, the little girl at Drayton Manor that died a couple of weeks back, phone calls probably hadn't even made it back to the patents yet and it's all over the news! Now imagine you have a child on a school trip there that day, every parent is on tenterhooks waiting for that phone call. Think of every parent of every child at Drayton Manor that day! All because Sky News wanted back slaps for getting one over on the BBC

Astute

If I was with my family the only thing that would come to mind would be to get them to safety. But if I was caught up in the middle of something I couldn't run when women and children are getting hurt. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself. It also helps being big enough and ugly enough to look after myself. The problem is that I am getting on a bit now and the body can't always do what the head thinks it can.

Nick

Administrator
It's the equivalent of people standing and staring at such events or slowing down for car crashes.

It's worse I think, as they are thinking "I'd better film this for social media". It's human nature to see what's going on around you if you are there.

Otis

It's worse I think, as they are thinking "I'd better film this for social media". It's human nature to see.

Yep, exactly. Stuff goes up online worryingly quickly. People just want to go viral and be recognised.

chiefdave

When I was living in Pompey there was a chap, obviously with mental health issues, threatening to jump off the top of the car park. The police etc were trying to talk him down while there was a crowd below filming it and chanting at him to jump. Disgusting behaviour.

NorthernWisdom

When I was living in Pompey there was a chap, obviously with mental health issues, threatening to jump off the top of the car park. The police etc were trying to talk him down while there was a crowd below filming it and chanting at him to jump. Disgusting behaviour.
That's genuinely horrible.

On a similar note, read this this morning and shuddered.

Woman on trial for texts 'driving boyfriend to suicide' - BBC News

Ina way, I find it worse than actually killing someone in the heat of anger or passion.

xcraigx

Same thing happened in Telford a year or so back and the video inevitably ended up online. The poor chap did jump and died too. I cannot believe there was nobody in the vicinity willing to lay the fuckers out.

SkyblueBazza

Yep - I remember it well

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

rob9872

I'm too fat and crippled to run away they'd soon catch me, so might as well conserve that energy to stand and fight.

shmmeee

If I was with anyone I cared about, I'd run and hide. Getting them out safe is the most important thing.

Otherwise, I'd like to think I'd see if there's a couple of others than are up for rushing them, obviously more likely with knives than guns. Or at the very least chucking some chairs at them. But in reality I'd probably either freeze or run anyway.

Maybe, but my guess is a university. So diverse, so many backpacks and rucksacks donned day to day anyway and so many thousands of students in and out, constantly moving.

I think in some locations in life (train, shopping mall) you can look out perhaps for a suspicious, bearded, Islamic looking (if there is such a thing) person with a backpack.

Hardly going to stand out at a university though are they.

The more they blend in the easier it may prove to be for them.

You don't really get anywhere students congregate though, limits potential casualties. They tend to go for large crowds for the bombs. The new nutter with a van act is a bit more random but they still love the symbolism: Twin Towers, Westminster, London Bridge. Even Arianna Grande you could argue because of her "decadent Western ways". The ones that don't fit are the tube bombs, but that could just be logistically it causes maximum damage.

If it was me I'd just be lobbing grenades into Tescos in Chipping Norton or something, the more seemingly random the better. But this bunch of idiots want to be movie villians, look at the fucking videos they release. I expect the next attack, should it happen, will be another symbolic target.

pastythegreat

I wonder, how many, if any, could of lived with his death on their conscience had he of jumped!

Users who are viewing this thread