How many more players do we need? (1 Viewer)

junglej13

I've heard a few people saying we may need another 3-4 players. Personally I think we may need another 7-8 including an experienced goalkeeper.

3 Strikers
1 Attacking Midfielder
2 Wingers
1 Experienced Goalkeeper
1 Right back

I'd also like to see us loan out a few of the younger lads.

RFC

7 or 8 in your dreams! We will top up with loans once the Premiership clubs name their 25 man squads towards the end of August. Like the vast majority of Division 1 clubs our budget is limited.

simonregis

Why do we need so many? I think most of the players are pretty decent and with the right playing style and directorship we only need another 2 or 3

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

we are fine at RB and at GK everyone is to obsessed with replacing burge i also dont see the need for an attacking mid player with maddison and fleck on the books to play there and JOB having the ability to play there 3 strikers is a must i would agree

Gint11

Why do we need a right back? Willis and Phillips are more than capable in league 1. The answer isn't to
bring in 100 players and have a massive squad. Small close knit squad works better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FRY-CCFC

2 strikers
2/3 wingers

A few loan players on top of that to add depth in other positions eg CM.

ccfc92

Then you use the loan market!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

I don't believe we have enough players at the minute to even have a "close knit squad".

We definitely need another 4-6 players IMO.

junglej13

Admittedly I think Mowbray will get more out of some players who didn't do so well last year, but we released 8 players at the end of the season not including the players we had on loan who went back. We have brought in 2. On a side note I don't see Willis as a right back and I don't think Mowbray does either. The fact we were after Tony McMahon makes me think Mowbray would like a bit more experience in this position.

ccfc92

Admittedly I think Mowbray will get more out of some players who didn't do so well last year, but we released 8 players at the end of the season not including the players we had on loan who went back. We have brought in 2. On a side note I don't see Willis as a right back and I don't think Mowbray does either. The fact we were after Tony McMahon makes me think Mowbray would like a bit more experience in this position.

I think we are okay at RB personally.

But this bit is key IMO, and why we need another 4+ players at least.

junglej13

I'm not convinced by Swanson as well so wouldn't be surprised to see him offloaded to a Scottish team. Attacking players come at a premium and I can see us adding a few quality loan players late in the transfer window. This is where Mowbray will really earn his stripes I think.

Kingokings204

Look, we all know we need strikers so I would rather get 2 quality strikers than 3 average ones. That's my view on it.

You can have another 7 bodies in but if they are all crap then worthless.

TM has said its attack next and after Nuneaton we need goals. 2 strikers including 1 target man and 1 fast pacey striker and a tricky clever winger. Then im happy

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

might not be but if his in the middle with Reda then Ricketts will be at RB its where he likes to play anyway

stupot07

I don't believe we have enough players at the minute to even have a "close knit squad".

We definitely need another 4-6 players IMO.

I agree. We're massive lacking in the attacking 3rd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

covcity4life

Look, we all know we need strikers so I would rather get 2 quality strikers than 3 average ones. That's my view on it.

You can have another 7 bodies in but if they are all crap then worthless.

TM has said its attack next and after Nuneaton we need goals. 2 strikers including 1 target man and 1 fast pacey striker and a tricky clever winger. Then im happy

Agree with that over here

1 winger 2 strikers as a minimum will be enough for top 6 squad imo

Anything on top would be very welcome though!

johnwillomagic

GK: Burge/Cook
RB: Phillips/Willis
LB: Stokes/Haynes
CB: Johnson/Ricketts/Martin/Finch

Midfielders:
LM: Swanson
RM: JOB
CM: Vincelot/Fleck/C.Thomas/Lawton

Strikers:
ATM/ST: Madison
ST: Tudguy
ST: G.Thomas

7-8 players poppycock our squad already decent sized for league one I have not named a few academy
players such as the twins but we are already at around 20 in the squad.

Think we ideally need two decent strikers and 1/2 wide midfielders - that is fantastic for a league one squad
with limited funds with players to come in on loans during season as needed. If we got no more would already
say we have good close knit squad but not quite good enough for top six as things stand due to lack of forward options.

pusb86"sweden"

We need 3 strikers and 2 wingers. Did Maddison play left wing against Nuneaton? And was the formation 4-2-3-1 ? IF so we also need 1-2 more AMC....

Juggernaut

2 strikers, 2 wingers and an attacking midfielder who plays centrally.

Watch out for Ben Stevenson breaking through this year, as talented as Maddison.

Juggernaut

Carlos Monzon, one of the best middleweight champions of all time wore a headband.

What's your point? Its not girly if you having long hair. Just because you probably grew up on a council estate in wood end doesn't mean everyone has to have a number 2 all over.

PTA

Carlos Monzon, one of the best middleweight champions of all time wore a headband.

What's your point? Its not girly if you having long hair. Just because you probably grew up on a council estate in wood end doesn't mean everyone has to have a number 2 all over.
You mean a number 1 all over.

Kingokings204

Just remember the budget guys. It isn't the leagues top 5 budget as we know.

We need quality not quantity. 3 players of very good quality along the lines of what we have instead of 5 players who are lower table fodder.

Nick

Administrator
Just remember the budget guys. It isn't the leagues top 5 budget as we know.

We need quality not quantity. 3 players of very good quality along the lines of what we have instead of 5 players who are lower table fodder.
agreed, I think an attacking midfielder and two strikers

Hobo

agreed, I think an attacking midfielder and two strikers

I would agree with that. If Swanson goes he will obviously replace him as well. I think he will look to plug the remaining gaps, deficiencies, or any injuries with about 3 loans.

covcity4life

willis is not a right back!

will be phillips or ricketts playing there imo

whilst johnson is fit both willis and martin can do a job alongside him in the middle.

attacking wise lets hope we get 1 of the minimum 3 in this week!

Hobo

Swanson isn't good enough.

And as I said, if TM thinks that he will replace him as well on top of 2 strikers and one mid. Swanson did score two good goals on loan which is more than most of our midfielders...needs to impress early on if he is to stay.

lifeskyblue

With the defence and defensive midfield already looking stronger than last season I agree that it is up front...both strikers and flair/attacking midfield players that Mowbray hopefully will be focussing on. Also I hope we get another keeper. Perhaps a couple more buys and a couple of loans would see us set for the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skybluebeduff

7 or 8 in your dreams! We will top up with loans once the Premiership clubs name their 25 man squads towards the end of August. Like the vast majority of Division 1 clubs our budget is limited.

And yet, if your beloved SISU actually gave some effort into the commercial side (we're only just seeing signs of improvement this year) of the income, our budget could be better.

Turnover definition Under the SCMP rules, the definition of 'Turnover' is particularly important as Turnover is used to determine the maximum wage-spend. Within a traditional accounting perspective, there are usually only three elements of turnover:

• Match-day Income
  • Commercial Income (such as sponsorship)
  • TV revenue (and any 'merit payments' based on league position)
However the Football League use a is broader definition of Turnover. Crucially, the FL Turnover figure includes donations from the owners to the club and injections of equity. Loans from club owners are understandably not included in the Turnover figure as these would result in growing club debts. up club debts. In League 1 and League 2, a wealthy owner can therefore fund the club spending in a way that is not permitted in other divisions. Manchester City and Leicester for example seem set for punishment for their excessive losses (from UEFA and the Championship respectively) despite the fact that the owners have injected hard cash into the club to finance the spending.

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/scmp.php

No excuses, our budget could be a lot better, be we have complete wankers as owners, so...

Users who are viewing this thread