How many of the current squad (1 Viewer)

Jimmy Hill's Chin

How many of the current squad would you like to see at the club next season?

I would say at Stevenson, Willis and that's it.

Don't expect many long lists of names!

Grendel

Unfortunately it's who we will be lumbered with.

Mowbray has saddled us with dross like Reid, Jones and Kwame Thomas and I can't see anyone wanting them.

You'd keep George Thomas. Stevenson I'm sure will leave. You'd keep stokes as well and Turnbull is ok.

Otis

Like to see? Realistically? I am convinced Stevenson will be gone, so it's more of a case of who would I like to see out of those who will realistically still be here.

DKE
Thomas G
Beavon
Clarke

covcity4life

Turnbull
Dke
Stokes
Clarke
Stevenson
Bigi
Jones
G thomas
Beavon

Id be happy to keep above in league 2 personally.

Adge

Dke and Beavon. The rest can all do one. Can't believe people are still calling for dross like Bigi/Haynes et al to remain.

Terry Gibson's perm

Dke
Beavon
Stokes
Clarke
Jones
Reid
K Thomas

Only jones and Reid if he plays wingers

Stevenson and Willis will be off

I hope Burge goes he is a joke

shmmeee

Was about to say Jodi Jones came from L2, but it was in a team that was relegated. He's bad luck that kid, relegated in every season of his pro career.

CovBurty

Was about to say Jodi Jones came from L2, but it was in a team that was relegated. He's bad luck that kid, relegated in every season of his pro career.
Harsh on Jodi. Are you saying he's stained goods now. Career over so soon. Shame.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Keep-R c c D k e Stokes both Thomas's Riley Lameiras C Harries (beef him up) Hope to keep Willis And Stevenson .We cant keep doing wholesale changes ever season . Bring in an experienced keeper and a striker preferably an Akinfenwa type player for the Thomas's to feed off.

Captain Dart

Keep-R c c D k e Stokes both Thomas's Riley Lameiras C Harries (beef him up) Hope to keep Willis And Stevenson .We cant keep doing wholesale changes ever season . Bring in an experienced keeper and a striker preferably an Akinfenwa type player for the Thomas's to feed off.
Riley is on loan isn't he?

Garryb80

Lameiras isn't cut out for the physicality of league one let alone league two. Reilly isn't our decision anyway as he is a Burton player. The rest I agree so long as Cook is back up to an experienced senior. Personally would offload Willis, he has a saleable value and we could get a decent centre half for the level we are at and use the budget better on a striker.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Lameiras isn't played in his best position when he comes on he is put out on the wing when I think he should start games playing just behind the striker feeding the Thomas's with through balls I could see him and Stevenson(got to try our hardest to keep him) linking up well as for the physical side of things he do's not do it I agree but he will harry player and nick the ball off them. He takes the knocks and gets up remember Sheffield Utd last season getting kick up in the air got up and got on with it. If he got this treatment playing in the central position we would get free kicks surely even we could score from an odd 1 or 2.He ain't a player to bring on to chase a game play him from the start as for using a budget our club do not do that.

shmmeee

Harsh on Jodi. Are you saying he's stained goods now. Career over so soon. Shame.

I wasn't serious, didn't Joe Murphy have some awful record getting relegated as well? I'd have him back in a shot. Would be nice to have some players who know what it's like at the top of the table though.

CovisGod

Honestly think we need a massive overhaul in the summer, I'd keep DKE, Jones and Stevenson and clear out the rest. League Two is a totally different kettle of fish and I think we need to look at starting again, possibly bringing a few like Ponticelli through

CovBurty

I wasn't serious, didn't Joe Murphy have some awful record getting relegated as well? I'd have him back in a shot. Would be nice to have some players who know what it's like at the top of the table though.
Apart from a brief spell last season, when have we had the need to get players capable of staying at the top end of table?I know what you mean tho, you win nothing with kids and Jodi is one of those kids we are forced to play. Tough times.

Users who are viewing this thread