How Much Can You Drink ? (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

I've been to the game today. What I want to know is how much can you drink on a day out can you carry on ? I've been on it since morning, and feel fine. I've just back in and put the music on and had a few cans.
I've always liked a drink but sometimes feel tired, but funny enough I've got older can go on for longer. What do you reckon ?

Philosorapter

Never been a big lager fan.

Currently getting through a bottle of whisky. Expecting to go halfway before it put me on my back.

olderskyblue

I never drank shorts, so used to get full on pints before I was drunk. My mate was very different though. He organised an Earlsdon marathon for his stag night, a pint in each of 20 pubs……

at the end, he sat signing certificates he’d made for all those that finished it, as he had… 😱

Sky_Blue_Daz

I prefer contentment rather then capacity 4/5 pints is enough for me now. Although me daughters heading back to Liverpool in a couple of hours and the wife’s umming and aahhing about dropping her off so I might go out for a good session later ,

Last edited:

Covkid1968#

Suffering a hangover this morning after a lock in at the local… the last thing I need to see is a thread on drinking. Close it down please Nick!!

Sbarcher

Stared to curtail my drinking 15 years ago when I needed to sleep through Sundays! So nice now to wake on a weekend with a clear head and ready to take the air with the dog.

JAM See

I'm fine if I stick to cooking lager (4%). As soon as I get onto the tasty stuff (4.6% upwards), I'm toast next day.

stay_up_skyblues

Before I quit almost 2 years ago to the day I was drinking five to six pints every weeknight and 10-15 on each of Saturday and Sunday. Premium lager (Stella/Export/Heineken etc.). Was the case for a few years.

I always handled it well and found I didn’t get legless by that stage, just the same dull spacey and slurry state daily. No typical hangovers either, just a constant tired running at 60% odd when not drinking.

On the occasions where I did throw in spirits (be those mixers or shots) on top of the lager I’d generally black out.

Don’t miss it one bit 🤣

Flying Fokker

I've been to the game today. What I want to know is how much can you drink on a day out can you carry on ? I've been on it since morning, and feel fine. I've just back in and put the music on and had a few cans.
I've always liked a drink but sometimes feel tired, but funny enough I've got older can go on for longer. What do you reckon ?
Might as well put a bar in the toilets if I was to start that game.

Haven’t drunk alcohol for nearly 5 years. It was mainly whisky or gin and never in measures unless we are talking 1/2 tumblers 3 or 4 times a session. but mainly Friday/Saturday. Used to be Skol 10/80 In my 20’s but I became a fat Fokker

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I must be in the definite minority, since I’ve never enjoyed alcohol. Even socially.

It made me either miserable or ‘fighty’.
I'm the same, but mainly because I just needed the loo constantly and that was at 19. Even got to a point where I knew I'd struggle to get home without pissing myself.

Once I got home I'd end up getting up every 15-30 minutes to go to the loo. So ended up being absolutely knackered the day after and with a raging headache cos I was dehydrated, even if I'd drank water etc. because I'd just end up going to the loo even more.

Just wasn't worth the hassle and quickly stopped. Not missed it at all.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I drink a litre bottle of scotch every week. That's in the evenings. During the day, I'll sink a couple of cans of Guiness at home and maybe a pint in my local. Can't remember the last time I had a hangover. I just don't get pissed any more.

bringbackrattles

I drink a litre bottle of scotch every week. That's in the evenings. During the day, I'll sink a couple of cans of Guiness at home and maybe a pint in my local. Can't remember the last time I had a hangover. I just don't get pissed any more.
I drink Guinness these days love the stuff on draught. No hangovers like I had with lager, just a bit tired next day. Wished I'd have drank Guinness years ago, but it's worth paying a bit extra for it. I can have a break from drinking though, 3 or 4 weeks no problem, then back on it. 🍻

PVA

I drink Guinness these days love the stuff on draught. No hangovers like I had with lager, just a bit tired next day. Wished I'd have drank Guinness years ago, but it's worth paying a bit extra for it. I can have a break from drinking though, 3 or 4 weeks no problem, then back on it. 🍻

Yep I'm the same.

I can have the same hangover after 5 pints of lager as I'd have with about 10 pints of Guinness.

Generally a bit of a lightweight except for Guinness, I can knock that back all day.

rob9872

Don't really get drunk these days. Drink far too much still, but usually get tired before I get pissed!

Sky_Blue_Daz

I'm trying to reduce the amount I have to just the weekend but have found myself having 3/4 most evenings

Users who are viewing this thread