How much is needed to pay the lawyers ? (1 Viewer)

sky blue john

With Sisu having lost the JR they have to pay all the court costs their own and the councils. How many millions is the total ?
The reason I ask is that we know the owners are not prepared to put anymore money in. Does this include court liabilities ?
Someone has to pay and I don't expect the owners will want to stump up the cash for lost court battles. What is stopping Sisu selling a few players and taking the money against existing owed debt. Then using it to pay the millions owed in court costs ?

sky blue john

You are on overdrive recently!

Have ccfc paid any court fees to date?

Not that i am aware of.
But have Sisu paid any court fees to date. Are they still to be paid ?
If so where will they get the money from if the owners don't want to cough up ?

Nick

Administrator
Not that i am aware of.
But have Sisu paid any court fees to date. Are they still to be paid ?
If so where will they get the money from if the owners don't want to cough up ?
Didn't they already pay some to the council?

Not sure about the latest ones.

Liquid Gold

I have very reliable information that the sales of Willis and Stevenson are to cover court fees and the reason we've rejected a bid from Brentford is if we get a certain figure then sisu will have the funds to launch another case.

Grendel

Highly unlikely sisu pay a penny on court cases let alone ccfc

Nick

Administrator
I have very reliable information that the sales of Willis and Stevenson are to cover court fees and the reason we've rejected a bid from Brentford is if we get a certain figure then sisu will have the funds to launch another case.
Where from?

fernandopartridge

Eh?

I'm guessing a three way toss up between "The pub", "facebook" and "Jim the Gateman"
The implication is that State Aid cases could prove massive precedence across the EU so are therefore funded by 3rd parties with a vested interest. SISU as a buyer of distressed debt will know of plenty of such third parties.

sky blue john

I used question marks to open up discussion as i don't know the answer.
But someone has to pay the lawyers for the days in court, the money has to come from somewhere ?

Grendel

I used question marks to open up discussion as i don't know the answer.
But someone has to pay the lawyers for the days in court, the money has to come from somewhere ?

Google third party litigation funding

Grendel

Done it.
Yes there are companies that will take on costs based on prospects of success.
So in irrelevant in this case as they had no chance of winning !
So who will pay the lawyers ?

The third party investors who are funding the litigation.

Sky Blue Kid

Thus proving(If you're not being given false information) that no money will be going to CCFC for the playing staff.

Grendel

dongonzalos

Third party litigation only happens when you have a very good chance of success.
If I owned a law firm and one of my lawyers reviewed this case from the outset and said we have a very good chance of winning. He would be sacked now.
It is more likely SISU are paying for this legal action. The high court judges initial judgement was scathing. It was a decimation and there was a reason for that.

skybluetony176

I think that the notion that litigation hasn't cost the club is dumbfounded. The reality is it has cost us everything. Everything that the club is currently is based on a failed policy of distress that the litigation was at the heart of. It's shaped everything and every decision since it started both within the club and with any third party that's ever been connected to the club.

Captain Dart

Done it.
Yes there are companies that will take on costs based on prospects of success.
So in irrelevant in this case as they had no chance of winning !
So who will pay the lawyers ?
It is not just the prospect of success, there is also a risk/reward equation, as these cases may have staggeringly huge implications across Europe the reward potential is correspondingly massive.

Grendel

chiefdave

So its not inconceivable for Sisu to take money out of the club against existing debt to fund the lawyers.
Any debts owed by CCFC can be paid out at any point, assuming we have the money to pay them. However the accounts don't show this happening and something would have to be billed to the club. I'm not sure the auditors would give a pass to a huge bill for legal fees incurred by a third party taking legal action.

sky blue john

Any debts owed by CCFC can be paid out at any point, assuming we have the money to pay them. However the accounts don't show this happening and something would have to be billed to the club. I'm not sure the auditors would give a pass to a huge bill for legal fees incurred by a third party taking legal action.

But if the club has made an extra few million in transfer fees. This excess money can be taken at any time against debt / outstanding loans to the club. They don't have explain where its going or what it will be used for.
The club wouldn't pay it directly.

ceetee

So its not inconceivable for Sisu to take money out of the club against existing debt to fund the lawyers.
IF CCFC genuinely owes money to SISU, then they are entitled to take money out to cover debts. (although others who understand the accounts say there is no evidence of that so far). It's not corrupt. It's not lining SISU's pockets.
That's an unfortunate fact and although we, as supporters, want that money spent on players, the owners can do what they please.

Users who are viewing this thread