How quick moods change (1 Viewer)

glamour76

Before Monday everybody was suicidal, we make 3 good signings and we are getting promoted, bigi gets sold and everyone is at each others throats. Let's get a bit of perspective. We have to sell players to bring players in/stay afloat. It's just the way it is

gouldberg

What worries me is that this season appears to be do or die in terms of our squad. To my knowledge an awful lot of players are entering the last year of their contract. I might be wrong on a couple of these but I think it's Elliott, Kilbane, Hussey, Thomas, McSheffrey, Deegan, Wood and Christie. If any have signed new contracts recently then great but that seems to be a lot of names that may be out of contract next Summer...

kg82

Before Monday everybody was suicidal, we make 3 good signings and we are getting promoted, bigi gets sold and everyone is at each others throats. Let's get a bit of perspective. We have to sell players to bring players in/stay afloat. It's just the way it is

That's your typical football supporter, an over-reaction whatever the situation. With football there is never a well thought out, reasoned argument to these sort of things - the ultimate bi-polar sport! I'm guilty of it, I'm sure we all are! I'm trying not to be though!

glamour76

That's your typical football supporter, an over-reaction whatever the situation. With football there is never a well thought out, reasoned argument to these sort of things - the ultimate bi-polar sport! I'm guilty of it, I'm sure we all are! I'm trying not to be though!

I can't agree more pal. I'm not knocking anyone but just found it funny how quick the pendulum moves. Let's hope for a positive swing this coming week !!!!

Hadenough

thanks for that insight

so if we balance the books and get relegated to Div2 we should keep quiet then?

skybluebeduff

My sentiments exactly and fully agree with this thread. I hate SISU with a passion but what can we do? Arm ourselves with a vest full of you know what and threaten them? or Turn up at home games, have 5 or 6 pints, eat a pie and cheer them on shite or great? I don't care anymore about SISU or money, I want to see football and goals whether we play it or the opposition do. I love football and it's a roller coaster that I'm always never afraid to ride. :wave: PUSB

Ashdown

I think its make or break for SISU and the club...........if they put some sort of investment into the club and we do actually start winning more games than losing and City fans start enjoying their football again, crowds will come back and financially we could start to turn things around............If however SISU continue to rip the guts out of the playing squad and do not provide adequate replacements and we struggle badly, it will be the final straw for all but a few Sky Blues !!........The ball is firmly in the court of the owners.............and then in turn of the fans to support the team !

Tad

Don't think it we're any worse then any other fanbase. We just want what's best for the club. The problem of course is we've been let down so many times over the years a lot of fans have a stale taste. Do agree with some of the above posts about it being make or break time for the club. Not saying we need to go up, we just need to be more competitive. Give us something to cheer about.

For what it's worth, I'm still uncertain with the team even with the new signings etc.

ccfcway

What worries me is that this season appears to be do or die in terms of our squad. To my knowledge an awful lot of players are entering the last year of their contract. I might be wrong on a couple of these but I think it's Elliott, Kilbane, Hussey, Thomas, McSheffrey, Deegan, Wood and Christie. If any have signed new contracts recently then great but that seems to be a lot of names that may be out of contract next Summer...

every season has been "do or die"

that list of players would be way in excess of 50% of our current wages,so makes sense to need to cut this.

who's mood is changing, if we dont go back up this season (which we wont) its cut cut again next pre season.....

the slow demise of this great club continues and we havent hit the bottom yet...

Oh well, "prince" says Hoffman will be buying us after the olympics

BigCsCheesyGrin

I'm afraid i am one of those sucked into the euphoria of the 'Oh City bang bang City bang bang bang' signings, but to be fair ,we could have signed Flecks dad and i'd be kidding myself 'he could still do a job' such is the sorry state of the my beloved club. Am i sorry to see existing players leaving? Well nope, not good enough last season so thanks, but no thanks.. time to move on. Have not seen what everyone else has in bigi but i bow to others superior knowledge as to what a good player he is. Am i naive enough to think any money from sales will go on the team? No, but i am just pleased to see a change in personel.. Not pleased enough to purchase a season ticket (yet) but i will be purchasing a shirt for my son with FLECK on the back (will ensure the L is included) with hope that a positive season follows. PUSB

ccfcway

We have an 18 player squad and some kids

We are REALLY in the mire if Thomas and Keogh leave this week

wingy

You're right there son ,I was just mellowing and getting my head around it all ,now i want to bang it against a wall ,what will they be selling next year ???:(:jerkit:

Users who are viewing this thread