Hussey set for surprise loan move to Crewe (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

0,,10269~7474217,00.jpg

Left back loaned out for a month

Aidy Boothroyd made a surprise announcement that his 21 year old left back Chris Hussey will be loaned to Crewe until January 1st.
Hussey is one of only two natural left backs at Coventry City, the other being the injured Stephen O'Halloran, so it came as a surprise that Boothroyd has allowed him to be loaned out.
Martin Cranie filled in at left back for a while, but Richard Wood did well as a temporary left back in their win over Burnely last Saturday. Boothroyd decided that his temporary cover was sufficient to allow Hussey to leave to get some match practise at a higher level than reserve football, but at a lower level than the Npower Championship.
Boothroyd had expressed a positive opinion of Hussey earlier at the weekend when he said, “what a good player he is going to be for us.”
The City boss enthused about Hussey saying, “Technically he has got everything you would want from a left-back with his range of passing and ability with the ball."

“Physically, he is quick, athletic and 6' 2" so he fits the bill on that score but he just need some mental and emotional pressures of playing first team football and they only come from playing, and that’s why it is the right thing for him to go out on loan and also, he will learn tactically about the game because he will be up against better players than he is in the reserves at the moment.”
Hussey played in a behind closed doors reserve game at the Ryton training ground yesterday against Kettering. Coventry won the game 2-0 with goals from Freddy Eastwood and Carl Baker.
Hussey is set to return to Coventry on January 1st, but Boothroyd admitted he didn't know yet if he would be part of the first team squad.
He said, “I don’t know about that. I think it might be a bit too soon for him."

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Would have liked to see him have more opportunities in our team, thought he was good whenever he played. Having said that Crewe have a track record of developing good youngsters such as Dean Ashton and Nicky Maynard so hopefully Dario Gradi can make him a better player.

Nick

Administrator
I dont think it will be long term but I do think it will help him develop!

I wonder what is happening with the other left back fella.

6 Generations

I find this puzzling, particularly as Aidy preferred Wood to Cranie on Saturday. It maybe that our regular Villa sicknote is approaching fitness at last!!!!

PUSB

Nick

Administrator
And now he is back! Waste of a train fare for him. Hopefully the injury isnt too bad

Users who are viewing this thread