"I am better than Messi" - Ronaldo (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Saw it on the news! He said in his mind he has to be the best to perform or something.

Sky Blue Harry H

Urgh not this one again

Sorry Stu - I've got a bit of a man-crush on Messi - luckily, his current injury coinciding with the City's current 'galactica' performances are slowly weaning me off him. LOL, it'll probably be a Ryan Kent versus Adam Armstrong thread in 5 years time !!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

What's Ronaldo expected to say!?

Personally prefer Ronaldo to Messi-most complete outfielder on the planet by some distance.

skybluetony176

He's a cocky git alright but to be fair he probably is. He's one of the great's if not the greatest player of all time. His goal scoring record is phenomenal, especially for Real. Isn't he a handful of goals away from being their greatest ever goal scorer despite playing a few hundred games less than their current record goal scorer?

Si80

Isn't he a handful of goals away from being their greatest ever goal scorer despite playing a few hundred games less than their current record goal scorer?

He's already beaten Raul's record. His goalscoring record at Real is ridiculous.

I do wonder if he'd be as prolific if he came back to the PL. He had an outstanding season the year before he left, would be good to see if he could cut it again.

Personally think that he'll go to PSG for a silly amount and a massive pay packet at the end of this season though.

CCFC88

He would tear the French league to shreds, would like to see how he would get on in the German or Italian league, not sure they could afford his monster wages though.

So Messi, stats are better in every way. BUT Ronaldo doesn't play in the middle all the time, he's a winger so you wouldn't expect him to have anywhere near the amount of goals that he does.

With regards his cockyness, the bloke has worked harder than anyone else in world football to get where he is. Is it cockyness or fact that he's bloody awesome?

bringbackrattles

The biographer who wrote a new book on Ronaldo to coincide with a film coming out shortly says he is probably the greatest goalscorer of all time,but not the greatest ever player yet. Is he as good as Pele or Maradona or Messi ? Ronaldo says of himself yes he is and will be the best ever !

SkyBlue_Bear83

At their best, Messi is better. No one will convince me otherwise

The thing I think that is going to set Ronaldo apart is his dedication and determination, the way he keeps his body in shape I can see him playing at a world class standard at the highest level for the next 5 years to come where as I think Messi may slowly decline as his body ages.

bringbackrattles

At their best, Messi is better. No one will convince me otherwise

The thing I think that is going to set Ronaldo apart is his dedication and determination, the way he keeps his body in shape I can see him playing at a world class standard at the highest level for the next 5 years to come where as I think Messi may slowly decline as his body ages.
I too think Messi just edges it but there's not a lot between them. Ronaldo is never shy when asked who is the best,but I've never heard Messi blowing his own trumpet have you ? But in all sports you have who is the best ever question ? I'm a boxing fan and I'd say because of his record Marciano was the best Heavyweight of all time,but many would say rubbish it was Ali.It's just an opinion and just like Messi and Ronaldo it'll always be split fifty fifty I guess.

Gazolba

The reason Ronaldo scores so many goals is that whenever a team mate has a clear shot, instead of scoring themselves, they pass it to Ronaldo to score. If they did not, Ronaldo would sulk all week.

Users who are viewing this thread