I feel sick (1 Viewer)

italiahorse

It's about as useful as your plan to suddenly start getting 25k+ attendances and get back to back promotions to the premier league.

So you don't believe that a winning team gaining promotion and continuing to win through the championship would not gather enough momentum to get to the PL?

I bet your plan is to moan for the next 5 years in the hope that Wasps fail and Sisu can continue to take the piss to get the Ricoh for several more years ?

Mine is to get what we can from Wasps over the next 2 years and if that is not good enough look at other opportunities that have been soundly costed during that period.

italiahorse

If we were both going to be there long term then I could just about take Wasps being spelled out at one end as a compromise, if they ever replace the colour of the seats that would finish the club assuming we are still there.

If they changed the colours I would agree that the club is not wanted.

Sick Boy

Wasps won't be giving us anything apart from taking money from the club. We will never reach the championship now we are renting from a rugby club. Imagine how much of a joke we'd be in the PL playing a Wasps branded stadium.

italiahorse

It's because he is a fucking idiot.

... because I refuse to absorb the Sisu bullshit ?
Do something like ask them for a realistic plan.
Or you can just continue to abuse people with an opinion on this bulletin board and hopefully ease your feeling of helplessness in the situation.

Nick

Administrator
There is room for both. In fact there are signs up for both clubs.
Sisu need to commit to the Ricoh and then we can move this on.

They have said they won't change the seat colours. You obviously don't believe them :)
Whats to stop us getting our own pitch side advertising?
Talk to Wasps and they will be receptive. It's in both parties interests.

I don't believe Wasps, I don't believe SISU, I don't believe CCC, I don't believe Higgs. They all spin things to suit and none are going to give the club favours like knights in shining armour.

Whereas you seem to believe whatever is in the telegraph that day and whichever way the bandwagon is rolling.

SkyBlue_Bear83

So you don't believe that a winning team gaining promotion and continuing to win through the championship would not gather enough momentum to get to the PL?

I bet your plan is to moan for the next 5 years in the hope that Wasps fail and Sisu can continue to take the piss to get the Ricoh for several more years ?

Mine is to get what we can from Wasps over the next 2 years and if that is not good enough look at other opportunities that have been soundly costed during that period.

No I don't think it would, even in the championship a couple of losses and attendances would drop below 15k. People just don't care and the Wasps move has just knocked out any enthusiasm for the club that had remained after Sixfields.

I have no plan, I can't see the road to recovery from here. Maybe we should just embrace our new status as a lower league team. I admire your optimism that we can get massive attendances, Wasps will give us loads of revenue streams and we will get back to back promotions but frankly I think you're living in la la land

italiahorse

Wasps won't be giving us anything apart from taking money from the club. We will never reach the championship now we are renting from a rugby club. Imagine how much of a joke we'd be in the PL playing a Wasps branded stadium.

Give up now then ? It's not going to go your way mate !!
You have no idea whats going on, like the rest of us, but know with certainty all these facts.
It's only your opinion, it may prove to be right, but it's not fact and we need to pursue whatever we can from Wasps or move.

Nick

Administrator
Give up now then ? It's not going to go your way mate !!
You have no idea whats going on, like the rest of us, but know with certainty all these facts.
It's only your opinion, it may prove to be right, but it's not fact and we need to pursue whatever we can from Wasps or move.

Wait a minute, isn't it you that keeps going on about giving up? Is a different person using your login to 3/4 months ago?

Sick Boy

... because I refuse to absorb the Sisu bullshit ?
Do something like ask them for a realistic plan.
Or you can just continue to abuse people with an opinion on this bulletin board and hopefully ease your feeling of helplessness in the situation.

You were one of SISU's biggest cheerleaders and one of the biggest hypocrites on this forum.

italiahorse

No I don't think it would, even in the championship a couple of losses and attendances would drop below 15k. People just don't care and the Wasps move has just knocked out any enthusiasm for the club that had remained after Sixfields.

I have no plan, I can't see the road to recovery from here. Maybe we should just embrace our new status as a lower league team. I admire your optimism that we can get massive attendances, Wasps will give us loads of revenue streams and we will get back to back promotions but frankly I think you're living in la la land

I'm a Coventry City fan mate and la la land is okay. :guitar2:

italiahorse

I don't believe Wasps, I don't believe SISU, I don't believe CCC, I don't believe Higgs. They all spin things to suit and none are going to give the club favours like knights in shining armour.

Whereas you seem to believe whatever is in the telegraph that day and whichever way the bandwagon is rolling.

Don't read the telegraph.
Everything I need is on this board or the Wasps website :)

Sick Boy

Tell them then, not me !!

Do you mean with a piss stained bed sheet?

Do you think its appropriate to give money to a club which has been moved 90 odd miles move and permanently relocated to another part of the country?

What were your views on those who went to Sixfields and the locals in Northampton (if any) who gave money to CCFC?

italiahorse

Do you mean with a piss stained bed sheet?

Do you think its appropriate to give money to a club which has been moved 90 odd miles move and permanently relocated to another part of the country?

What were your views on those who went to Sixfields and the locals in Northampton (if any) who gave money to CCFC?

Why are you fighting Wasp fans battles when there fans are getting on with it?
It looks as the mojority have accepted that the £4M loss a year at Wycombe would have finished the club.
Many that I have met are looking forward to it. Organising coaches, lift sharing and accommodation.

I guess you also are fighting CRFC battles as well when even there Chairman evidently says it will have no effect.

Sixfields move was not necessary once the rent was drastically reduced. Sisu could have planned the new stadium whilst renting the Ricoh.
I ask you again .... You do know why Sisu took us to Sixfields, don't you ?

Grendel

It looks as the mojority have accepted that the £4M loss a year at Wycombe would have finished the club.
Many that I have met are looking forward to it. Organising coaches, lift sharing and accommodation.

I guess you also are fighting CRFC battles as well when even there Chairman evidently says it will have no effect.

Sixfields move was not necessary once the rent was drastically reduced. Sisu could have planned the new stadium whilst renting the Ricoh.

The majority of wasps fabs aren't coming to the Ricoh - 2,400 this game maximum and that's assuming all season tickets go

italiahorse

The majority of wasps fabs aren't coming to the Ricoh - 2,400 this game maximum and that's assuming all season tickets go

Show me the proof for another one of your throw away comments.

There will be a full house on Sunday and the majority will be supporting Wasps.
It may be their first time, but they are there to watch Wasps play rugby.

Grendel

Show me the proof for another one of your throw away comments.

There will be a full house on Sunday and the majority will be supporting Wasps.
It may be their first time, but they are there to watch Wasps play rugby.

Your new friend Nicky and one of the players were gushing that 92% (very specific) of the tickets sold are from the Coventry area and that around 40 coaches will be bringing wasps fans from Wycombe. - so unless your best friend Nicky is lying....

Sick Boy

Just answer the questions.

Yes, to distress ACL. It nearly worked despite ACL's claims that the business was viable. It almost worked yet sadly the council decided to bring Wasps in to spite the football club.

Rich

Wasn't there rumours that ACl was in talks with A rugby club before we moved to Sixfields?

Ashdown

The CRFC chairman only stated that a day or two after the takeover announcement as a quick response. I think he had to say something and tried to stick with a positive line. What the club thinks really is dependent on how it starts to pan out.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Wasn't there rumours that ACl was in talks with A rugby club before we moved to Sixfields?

I think so, Wasps and CCC said first contact wasn't made till recently though. Can't remember the exact time, I think it may have been about a year ago so December 2013.

Users who are viewing this thread