"I helped Coventry City make history" (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueCharlie

Having a bit of a clear out this morning and came across this:

Arena 008-2.jpg

As I remember it was quite a sunny afternoon, the team doing a training session on the pitch and as I sat and looked around the Arena it all seemed worthwhile...the future would be Sky Blue....ahh well another shattered dream. Anyone else remember the day?

Covkid1968#

I thought for a minute Andy Thorn had finished his eagerly awaited autobiography!!! But I belive he's called it "How I assisted Coventry City's slow and painful demise into obscurity"

covcity4life

Having a bit of a clear out this morning and came across this:

View attachment 3280

As I remember it was quite a sunny afternoon, the team doing a training session on the pitch and as I sat and looked around the Arena it all seemed worthwhile...the future would be Sky Blue....ahh well another shattered dream. Anyone else remember the day?

ahh i have mine somewhere, hope i have not thrown it away

torchomatic

Yeah, I remember going to that.

DCP_1707.jpg DCP_1715.jpg DCP_1716.jpg Dcp_1718.jpg DCP_1721.jpg

Wow I remember that. Why does it feel that it was decades ago? we seem to have travelled a strange and difficult road since then. Great Pics Torchomatic

torchomatic

Certainly was impressive when we first went in and sat in our seats. We were in the same ones for the next seven and a half years.

Wow I remember that. Why does it feel that it was decades ago? we seem to have travelled a strange and difficult road since then. Great Pics Torchomatic

CJ_covblaze

Went to that. Remember being taken back thinking I can't believe that this is actually happening. They made a mistake for the fire drill at the end by deciding to tell everyone it was going to happen. Most knew they weren't in danger so went to the bogs!

RoboCCFC90

I remember the first words I said to my Dad when we walked up the steps and viewed the Ricoh for the first time..

torchomatic

"....I bet the rent on this doesn't come cheap..."?

I remember the first words I said to my Dad when we walked up the steps and viewed the Ricoh for the first time..

torchomatic

RoboCCFC90

Ha, I didn't go to the open day, but my first words were similar.

Then Claus Jorgenson scored and I nearly broke my ankle.

Every goal we scored from Claus Jorgenson's opener through to Baker's penalty against Brentford was celebrated like it was the first I had ever seen.. For me I never clicked with the Ricoh not like Highfield Road, the West End, if we could kick all the people out their swanky houses, run a bulldoser through them all and rebuild it brick by brick I'd pay money to watch.

Grendel

I thought for a minute Andy Thorn had finished his eagerly awaited autobiography!!! But I belive he's called it "How I assisted Coventry City's slow and painful demise into obscurity"

Talking about old Thorny dongle hasn't been on for a while informing us as to how Kidderminster are doing. How's it going Don?

shmmeee

Surely: I Helped Make Coventry City History

Users who are viewing this thread