I hope... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

skybluetony176

...that those calling for Mowbray out or declared he has X amount of games to sort it out or he has to go are feeling pretty stupid right now.

Can we now put this type of nonsense to bed please. Our progress from last season is nothing short of a miracle and turning out all round team performances like this one should cement that. The season is far from over and even if we don't go up this season I really can't think of anyone better than TM and his backroom staff to make it happen next season.

Well done everyone involved today.

Last edited:

Grendel

I think anything less than promotion is a failure - the end.

skybluetony176

Yeah but you're a clueless twat - the end.

I have a feeling you'll be disappointed if we get promoted because you won't be able to say I told you so because we didn't sack Mobray for turning us from chumps into contenders.

Last edited:

Gazolba

I'm not one of those calling for TM's exit but one good win doesn't make a season, and four of our six goals were scored by players who won't be here next season.

johnwillomagic

Have to say I agree with Grendel and if you asked TM himself if he does not get us up this season he will say he has failed.
We really should be getting promotion this year and hopefully we will!

higgs

Clean sheet again today let's back it up again in the next game hopefully stay injury free now for the run in that should do the confidence a world of good

covmark

I think that's a little harsh, but I see where you're coming from. The position we were in 10 or so games ago we really should be going up.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Grendel

I have a feeling you'll be disappointed if we get promoted because you won't be able to say I told you so because we didn't sack Mobray for turning from chumps into contenders.

Seems most agree with me Tony

Sick Boy

I have a feeling you'll be disappointed if we get promoted because you won't be able to say I told you so because we didn't sack Mobray for turning from chumps into contenders.

Weren't you claiming he was just another average league 1 manager?

usskyblue

The point, yet again, is being missed.

Whether you call it a failure, or not...to suggest TM should be fired if we fail to get promoted in his first full season is short sighted....especially given the progress made from previous seasons.

Grendel

Whether you call it a failure, or not...to suggest TM should be fired if we fail to get promoted in his first full season is short sighted....especially given the progress made from previous seasons.

What progress? If we don't he'd have fared no better than Pressley in season one at sixfields.

Grendel

Not if we don't get promoted, but certainly if we now don't make the play-offs.

Yes that's a more objective comment. If we can't make top 6 it's failure.

skybluetony176

Progress not just on the pitch. He's not just rebuilding a team he's rebuilding a club.

Hobo

Sweeping statements stand for nothing. Before the first game we were nowhere near promotion candidates.

dadgad

Mowbray has done well this season - the injuries have been horrendous and keeping hold of Armstrong and Maddison until the end of the season has to be down to him and will probably make the difference, ultimately.

st john

The point is there is every reason to be optimistic going forward, and I do wonder about the motives of some of those who are still making negative posts.
As a team we have (apparently) addressed our defensive frailties, and this had led to a restoration of confidence in the team. Don't matter how bad Bury were today we wouldn't have won so convincingly without belief.

Its a bit like the beginning of the season all over again when people were saying we would get hammerings, based only on what we had seen in pre-season games. Bearing in mind the new players and consequent improvement in confidence lets at least give it a chance before we sink into doom and gloom again.

dadgad

The point is there is every reason to be optimistic going forward, and I do wonder about the motives of some of those who are still making negative posts.
As a team we have (apparently) addressed our defensive frailties, and this had led to a restoration of confidence in the team. Don't matter how bad Bury were today we wouldn't have won so convincingly without belief.

Its a bit like the beginning of the season all over again when people were saying we would get hammerings, based only on what we had seen in pre-season games. Bearing in mind the new players and consequent improvement in confidence lets at least give it a chance before we sink into doom and gloom again.

Yes to all this. The number of back four changes forced on the team have been horrendous. Overcoming that alone (as he now seems to have) should earn MOWBRAY respect.

Otis

Yep. The play offs are a lottery. If we lose in the play offs so be it but not to make them would be very disappointing.
Yep. Losing out in the play-offs could be down to one silly little decision or mistake. Should be no excuse now though for not making it, barring major injuries to the back line or Adam Armstrong.
Classic coming from you.
And put your tongue back in G doesn't like it

chiefdave

Can't you lot just be happy with a 6-0 win? Great send off for JH last night, great result today. What more do you want from the weekend?

stupot07

Can't you lot just be happy with a 6-0 win? Great send off for JH last night, great result today. What more do you want from the weekend?

I know, a strange thread. Let's be happy for the amazing 6-0 win!!

#marchtothearchison

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

skybluetony176

Can you show we a post where someone has described him as a sub-standard League 1 manager?

Anyone who is calling for him to go or demanding he has X amount of games to prove he's good enough clearly do. Did I really just have to explain that to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread