I think it's sad (1 Viewer)

SkyblueBri

For people like me that were part of the Jimmy Hill era, I think it's sad that we may not live long enough to see our club rise again. At least we got to ride the Sky Blue Express, for you young fans out there I am sure one day that rise will come again.
These clowns have ruined our club, so NO season ticket for me, if there is a change of owner I will buy again no matter what the cost.

torchomatic

It's more sad for people like me, born in '88, who have never seen us do well. You've seen us rise through the leagues, establish ourselves in the premiership won a cup and ruined the housing market, economy and environment.

Born in 88. Fucking hell.

Moff

It's more sad for people like me, born in '88, who have never seen us do well. You've seen us rise through the leagues, establish ourselves in the premiership won a cup and ruined the housing market, economy and environment.

Fucking hell you have my sympathy.

That's one reason I was glad we got to Wembley this season and won, so younger fans (I am not ancient but was 16 in 87 and was fortunate to go) got the chance to have a day out at the National Stadium and see us win something, rather than suffer the continuous miserable shit that has been going on otherwise. My kids are 16 and 11 and loved it.

Spot on re housing market, economy and environment, its fekked. I would add Politics to the list as well, they are all shite.
I think you mentioned you were in Bristol, if so I can only sympathise with how much housing must cost you there!

Liquid Gold

February by any chance?
Nope, May

Fucking hell you have my sympathy.

That's one reason I was glad we got to Wembley this season and won, so younger fans (I am not ancient but was 16 in 87 and was fortunate to go) got the chance to have a day out at the National Stadium and see us win something, rather than suffer the continuous miserable shit that has been going on otherwise. My kids are 16 and 11 and loved it.

Spot on re housing market, economy and environment, its fekked. I would add Politics to the list as well, they are all shite.
I think you mentioned you were in Bristol, if so I can only sympathise with how much housing must cost you there!
We scrape by, worst thing is driving up the M5 every other week to the Ricoh to see us play shite. Loads of away games down here next year though.

Wembley was so special, I was just looking forward to the day out and didn't expect it all to be so emotional, I never thought I'd see city win anything and, even though it was only the EFL Trophy, it was an incredible feeling. Couldn't hold back the tears at FT.

glasgowfan

For people like me that were part of the Jimmy Hill era, I think it's sad that we may not live long enough to see our club rise again. At least we got to ride the Sky Blue Express, for you young fans out there I am sure one day that rise will come again.
These clowns have ruined our club, so NO season ticket for me, if there is a change of owner I will buy again no matter what the cost.
I may be wrong, but wasn't it the Sky Blue Special? Maybe my memory isn't what it used to be.

Voice_of_Reason

Fabulous times weren't they ? I too doubt I'll live long enough to see us rise to those heights again. I feel desperately sorry for those who started supporting after the JH era. They missed something so special and emotional. Club, team and fans together as one.

Cov98

Fabulous times weren't they ? I too doubt I'll live long enough to see us rise to those heights again. I feel desperately sorry for those who started supporting after the JH era. They missed something so special and emotional. Club, team and fans together as one.
As a 19 year old, I've only ever known the club to be pure shite. The checkatrade trophy is the only thing the club has done in my lifetime.

Sent from my 6055P using Tapatalk

mds

Totally off topic but hey.

........that people think NOPM is going to hurt SISU. They are not skint nor desprate, the club is...............i think its sad that people think nopm will hurt SISU, but the club will be ok.
Cause the club getting nothing in tickets sales makes it so much stronger, SISU couldnt give a fuck, it costs them nothing to run and the club has less to spend on players. If they (SISU) put nothing in, where do the wages come from?
We are fucked, yes down to SISU, but nopm will kill the CLUB, SISU will still be buying, selling and trading their shit, but it wont involve CCFC, we will be long dead and buried but SISU will still be trading.
NOPM for the world!

Bob Latchford

Agreed . My son was only ever going to be allowed to support CCFC so , for him to experience Wembley before I pop off is a slight satisfaction for me . fingers crossed, good times will return . PUSB

Brighton Sky Blue

Born in 1990 I do remember being able to watch Dublin, Keane, Boateng etc in the 'entertainers' season. My first season ticket was 01/02 though, and I don't remember us having a good season from start to finish once in that time. It's funny looking back at the times where Stern John and Adebola would look like Messi and Ronaldo compared to the current crop, and thinking about what the children of today will be reminiscing about George Thomas and Lee Burge.

While not alive for the Hill era or the FA Cup win I am still old enough to have seen us tumble 3 divisions and be surpassed by teams I hadn't heard of as a boy. That decline in the club's stature is what pisses me off the most, to the extent where people are saying we should be grateful for a top half finish against Accrington and Barnet.

Users who are viewing this thread