"I want return on my investment" quote from JS (1 Viewer)

Samo

Snozz_is_god

And what, in principle, (grave SISU errors aside) is wrong with that? Just business.

Nowt wrong with it, if it was a normal business, but football isn't a normal business.

There were never going to make money from Coventry City, it hasn't made money for decades.

She isn't going to make any from the football club now or ever.

chiefdave

And what, in principle, (grave SISU errors aside) is wrong with that? Just business.

There's nothing wrong with wanting your money back but if I walked down the street burning £50 notes when I had no money left I couldn't just go 'I want my money back'. If you take a risk you risk losing. At the moment Joy is saying she wants her money back but has no business plan to achieve that and the suspicion is she would be happy to get her money back no matter how much damage is done to CCFC in the process.

wince

I spent 20 quid at the bookies and want it back , think I will go tomorrow spend another fiver , must win tomorrow

GaryPendrysEyes

Nothing wrong if they grow a successful profitable business, unfortunately they have done the reverse.
...and who believes that the Ricoh wouldnt be treated as a separate business unit by them, with no benefit going to CCFC in any case [although they would very likely incompetently screw the Ricoh up as well]

SkyblueBazza

In business you suck-up to your customers a bit. Treat them with contempt & they'll ruin you. Ask Gerald Ratner!
Then you reach a point where you just take what you can get. If the JR goes against & the gated are still below 3k I wonder if their nerve will hold?

Snozz_is_god

In business you suck-up to your customers a bit. Treat them with contempt & they'll ruin you. Ask Gerald Ratner!
Then you reach a point where you just take what you can get. If the JR goes against & the gated are still below 3k I wonder if their nerve will hold?

Oh yes Gerald Ratner: "How can you sell this for such a low price?", I say, "because it's total crap."

How to make money the Joy Seppala way. Piss off 90% of your customers by moving a football club 35 miles away from it's core support and treat them as if they are idiots.

Mr T - Sukka!

So she says she has put in over £60m. And wants a return on it.

Now just say our academy produced the next Gareth Bale or simular (Very unlikeley i know, just trying to come up with a reason we would get a massive influx of cash)

And say that player went for £61m. (This is just a senario before anyone gets thier knickers in a twist)

Would she bank the £60m and only plough £1m back into Coventry City FC? Or would she just cash the lot of it?

Sbarcher

Just saying like...... If we ever see a CCFC palyer worth £61m, rest assured, we would have sold him for £1m with no sell-on clause.

Astute

When SISU took over we were one step away from making them a lot of money. At least half of the team were good enough. Wrong manager though maybe. They then lost their bottle.

It has been seriously downhill since. And they don't seem to have a clue on what to do next.

Samo

There's nothing wrong with wanting your money back but if I walked down the street burning £50 notes when I had no money left I couldn't just go 'I want my money back'. If you take a risk you risk losing. At the moment Joy is saying she wants her money back but has no business plan to achieve that and the suspicion is she would be happy to get her money back no matter how much damage is done to CCFC in the process.

And there's the rub... Nothing at all wrong in princple but... we all have to take responsibility for our investments. I find it incredible that after all thier errors they feel this entitlement. If you invest unwisely, you lose and you move on, that's life. I think Joy feels she is still at the table, still in the game, she can't bring herself to fold. We will see.

Grendel

Depends on the business. That mantra certainly doesn't apply to every business - take energy companies as an example.

georgehudson

speculate to accumulate,
under the sisu banner, Schmeichel, Fulop, Westwood, Crainie, Turner, Dann, Fox, Tabb, Gunnarsson, Cork, Clingan, Henderson, Best, King, Jiewkowicz, Bigirimana, Wood, McGoldrick, Cameron, Van Arnholt, Norwood, Nimely,
& that's just a few, or more,
ignoring the possibilities of signing the likes of Carroll etc.,
so i,m sure the wisdom of Cap't Bullshit Fisher (imho) will prevail,
because he is doing a great job

SkyblueBazza

Depends on the business. That mantra certainly doesn't apply to every business - take energy companies as an example.

Energy, oil & several other industries defy that logic because they are not really in competition - officially they are, but in reality they are simply a consortium of providers for a necessity. Also the customer doesn't directly have physical contact with the product (barring accidents lol)

luwalla

previous investors in coventry city wanted a return on their investment.. but unfortunately SISU demanded the shares off them for nothing, cant have it both ways im afraid..

RoboCCFC90

Oh yes Gerald Ratner: "How can you sell this for such a low price?", I say, "because it's total crap."

How to make money the Joy Seppala way. Piss off 90% of your customers by moving a football club 35 miles away from it's core support and treat them as if they are idiots.

You make it sound as if intentionally it there was idea to do that.

chiefdave

God forbid someone invested money into something and wanted their money back!!!

If you don't want any risk you don't make risky investments. They've invested in a risky business as they thought they could get a huge % return but that hasn't happened. They've gambled and they've lost. If they had guided us to the Prem and huge profits I'm sure noone would be complaining if they took a dividend or sold us on to make a profit but in what world can you take over a business, lose 90% of the customer base and expect to come out with more than you've put in???

andyboy81

If you don't want any risk you don't make risky investments. They've invested in a risky business as they thought they could get a huge % return but that hasn't happened. They've gambled and they've lost. If they had guided us to the Prem and huge profits I'm sure noone would be complaining if they took a dividend or sold us on to make a profit but in what world can you take over a business, lose 90% of the customer base and expect to come out with more than you've put in???

So what Divided / asset stripping (which they have been constantly been accused of) have you seen?

The club would POSSIBLY turn a profit if they and the Ricoh were the same entity but then people go fucking nuts about it.

People spend the whole day contradicting themselves on this site!! "We want the club to be competitive but refuse to back the club owning the Arena "

chiefdave

So what Divided / asset stripping (which they have been constantly been accused of) have you seen?

The club would POSSIBLY turn a profit if they and the Ricoh were the same entity but then people go fucking nuts about it.

People spend the whole day contradicting themselves on this site!! "We want the club to be competitive but refuse to back the club owning the Arena "

I didn't say they had taken a dividend I said if the club was succesful and making a profit people wouldn't object to them taking a dividend.

IMHO I don't think people are against the idea of the club and stadium being united they are just concerned, given the way SISU have operated to date, of handing it over to SISU on the cheap. There is no guarantee that the 2 would stay united if it wasn't benefiting SISU. For me the best route to stadium ownership would be for SISU to purchase the Higgs share and over the next 5 years (the minimum amount of time we'd be looking at to build a new stadium) prove themselves as trustworthy owners operating in the best interests of the club and city.

stupot07

When SISU took over we were one step away from making them a lot of money. At least half of the team were good enough. Wrong manager though maybe. They then lost their bottle.

It has been seriously downhill since. And they don't seem to have a clue on what to do next.

The problem was not sacking Coleman, you say at least half of the team were good enough for promotion, but in reality they consistently narrowly avoided relegation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

Look up the accounts 2011 and look at turnover for ltd/holdings and add them together then take £4.5m wages off and they are left with £6m which turns into -£15 m when the interest is added. The club can be profitable without ownership of the staium

Nonleagueherewecome

"I want my elephant".

dongonzalos

I want a return on my 40,50,60 million investment

I know if I turn it into a 100 million pound investment, then surely I will get a return.

Not sure about you lot but I know one company I would never trust to invest my money!!!

If wolves got promoted at the end of the season would someone pay 110 million for them?

Users who are viewing this thread