Ian Dowie had the Ricoh pitch widened

Discussion in 'New Sky Blues' started by bringbackrattles, Nov 6, 2013.

1. bringbackrattles

bringbackrattles Well-Known Member

Talks are supposed to be taking place about a move back to the Ricoh.
    But many fans it seems reckon the current team is playing better at Sixfields because it's smaller in size than the Ricoh Arena. If they mean crowd attendances the Ricoh obviously is going to attract larger crowds,but if they're going on pitch sizes both pitches are the same length,but the Ricoh is a few yards wider.
    We keep on hearing about could these young players play as well on a bigger playing surface ?
    Well Ian Dowie widened the pitch as he said he wanted to play expansive football,and we have got the players here now who could play the way Dowie wanted haven't we ?He said he wanted attacking exciting football,well Pressley has got his team ready made then ! Get back to the Ricoh and let's see our young team turn it on on a pitch they deserve.

2. EastLancsCov

EastLancsCov Member

I'm led to believe that clubs cannot alter the measurements of their pitch during the season. If that's true, then I wonder if they did return to the Ricoh if they would have to use the same measurements as Sixfields, or whether that rule wouldn't apply as we haven't played on the Ricoh yet.

3. bringbackrattles

Not sure about that rule to be honest. All I know is I bet these young players would quickly adapt to the Ricoh.
    I remember Dowie doing it though then getting the sack not longer after !

4. WillieStanley

WillieStanley Active Member

Andy Thorn reduced the size of the pitch. That was the last alteration. He wanted tight passing and triangles. Which he achieved - sadly though, only ever in his own half.

5. stupot07

stupot07 Well-Known Member

Yep, pretty sure you're right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  6. bringbackrattles

The sizes of pitches is a strange one as some look massive when they're not,while some look small.
    But at the end of the day it's what they do on the pitch that counts.
    Dowie and Thorn obviously had their own ideas,but this team we have now plus the manager look better all round.

7. FRY-CCFC

FRY-CCFC Well-Known Member

Iain*...............