Idiots with the whistles (2 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

Came on to see if anyone else had thought it. Not sure how much difference it made, but there was a noticeable lull in proceedings
following a blast from the crowd, just before their goal. A few round me thought the same. Not helpful for the team in that situation. I agree - give it a rest - get behind the team. Don't mind a protest, but the whistles are just annoying fellow supporters.

torchomatic

A few were moaning about it on the way out and some as i was crossing the bridge to Car Park C. I thought the same myself. Whistle blast from the crowd and RL stopped.

Grendel

It almost cost us at a corner in the second half as well - people can't say tripe like play to the whistle - players will instinctively stop - can a whistle blower explain how Joy will suddenly think - ooh a whistle I'm selling the club?

It's pathetic.

Mcbean

Prick with a whistle cost us two points to day and i am sorry the run on the pitch for the Sheffield game cost us 2 points as it broke the concentration ( i know there wasnt a lot) of the players - so four and look where we could be - please anyone close to the twat with whistle - lump him - its not fuckin clever !

ccfc92

Prick with a whistle cost us two points to day and i am sorry the run on the pitch for the Sheffield game cost us 2 points as it broke the concentration ( i know there wasnt a lot) of the players - so four and look where we could be - please anyone close to the twat with whistle - lump him - its not fuckin clever !

1 point :)

theferret

Have to say, very surprised to come on here and see people blaming the goal on a whistle blast. I was sat not far from where whistles were being blown, and I did not notice it in relation to the goal, neither did those I was with or those sat around me. Not saying it didn't happen, but it was hardly blatant because nobody in my part of the ground made any reference to it. Just looked like a moment of hesitation.

Don't get those condemning the sit-it either. It was just a case of people trying something that hadn't been done before and which would not impact on the game. Did I join in? Yes. Why not? It's 15 minutes out of my life. I can afford to spare that, even if it was bloody freezing. Like all of these protests, some catch on and some don't. No harm in trying though.

ccfc92

Have to say, very surprised to come on here and see people blaming the goal on a whistle blast. I was sat not far from where whistles were being blown, and I did not notice it in relation to the goal, neither did those I was with or those sat around me. Not saying it didn't happen, but it was hardly blatant because nobody in my part of the ground made any reference to it. Just looked like a moment of hesitation.

Don't get those condemning the sit-it either. It was just a case of people trying something that hadn't been done before and which would not impact on the game. Did I join in? Yes. Why not? It's 15 minutes out of my life. I can afford to spare that, even if it was bloody freezing. Like all of these protests, some catch on and some don't. No harm in trying though.

Agreed, no harm in trying. Fair play to you all doing the sit in. PUSB

Ranjit Bhurpa

It almost cost us at a corner in the second half as well - people can't say tripe like play to the whistle - players will instinctively stop - can a whistle blower explain how Joy will suddenly think - ooh a whistle I'm selling the club?

It's pathetic.
Pathetic it certainly is. Feel sorry for Slade, the new signings and the renewed spirit in the team that the focus is instead centred on bloody whistles. Owners such as ours and those at Blackpool and Charlton will only sell up when they are good and ready.

D

Deleted member 4439

Ferret, as you probably seen, I've said the same elsewhere. Yes, to be fair, there is the possibly that the whistle interfered, but to me and those good few around me it looked as you have described, simply hesitation in the box, preceded by a fluke of a cross. Yet people so quickly seem to want to seek out people and something to blame.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Ferret, as you probably seen, I've said the same elsewhere. Yes, to be fair, there is the possibly that the whistle interfered, but to me and those good few around me it looked as you have described, simply hesitation in the box, preceded by a fluke of a cross. Yet people so quickly seem to want to seek out people and something to blame.
We're not looking for someone to blame, I just call it as I see it.

If it was part of a larger protest I could take it on the chin like the Sheffield utd fixture

what I can't grasp is what idiot thinks it's a good idea to try and put off both sets of players during the match for no reason.

D

Deleted member 4439

If it was part of a larger protest I could take it on the chin like the Sheffield utd fixture

what I can't grasp is what idiot thinks it's a good idea to try and put off both sets of players during the match for no reason.

I fully agree with all of this, 100%

1966skyblue

Players seemed to stop just before Boltons 2nd after a flurry of whistles.
Give it a rest lads. I come to watch a game, not one that's ruined by constant whistles that must distract our players
Lameiras definitely stopped with the whistle and therefore didn't put enough pressure on the cross. Although he had just given the ball away at the other end on a 2 on 2 break. Took the wrong option of 4.

BackRoomRummermill

The same person will be boasting about it as well , what a cock I just hope it was not a young kid as the parents should have had control of them .

sky blue john

Its just the Tim Fisher brigade jumping on the band wagon of blaming the fans !
Plenty of other moments in the match that cost us the match, the penalty for one !
The only idiots i can see are the ones blaming fans !

Sky Blue Pete

It's crazy to blow the whistle like a referees whistle during the game

It didn't change the result

Time to stop before it does though

D

Deleted member 4439

You decide folks: Coventry 2-2 Bolton

(But for me, Lamerias just makes a lame trot towards the player and then turned his back - can't see much in the way of hesitation?).

SkyBlue_Bear83

You're a fucking idiot and this just proves it. The bit where he hesitated is just before the clip, you're trying to look clever and instead just prove beyond all doubt that you had no idea what you were on about from the first moment you opened your stupid trap.

Old Warwickshire lad

Don't think it cost us today, just two players leaving the ball for each other. As for the prat (or prats) with whistle(s) it was funny the first time pal, now you are making yourself look a prick.

eastwoodsdustman

Cant see from the highlights as it it doesn't show the ball out to the wide player. Ruben is clearly behind play when the ball goes in though.

Users who are viewing this thread