Idiots with the whistles (3 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
A statement from the trust about whistles gets pulled to peices by predictable parties.

That's a statement about whistles just to reiterate and highlight the triviality of the issue.

Dig at anything the trust does but attempt to deflect anything that puts the clubs owners on the spot.
Because the statement could have come from the owners, yes it's about whistles. Those things that cost us a good win yesterday.

It's not pulled to pieces is it?

Are people really that blinded that they will just go along with anything if there is a sniff of somebody saying sisu?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

OK I've just watched the extended highlights (wasn't at the game), and can see why everyone's so angry now, fair enough.

The whistle almost certainly changed the outcome of the ball at that moment with the hesitation. Whoever is blowing (haha lol no) needs to be more careful, though I absolutely stand by my statement that we need to work on not conceding so many late goals regardless.

CJ_covblaze

AVWskyblue

I have no idea if you knew or not. You can't say things like that though Nick.
He was clearly suggesting selective hearing CJ, and was in no way ridiculing or even Implying any disability. Now on the other hand people involved in the protests are very much trying to divert attention away from a whistle blowing moron who clearly affected the result, maybe because if it was absolutely proven this whistler affected the game it would of course take an awful lot of credibility away from the protests and the organisers

Sent from my 5010X using Tapatalk

CJ_covblaze

He was clearly suggesting selective hearing CJ, and was in no way ridiculing or even Implying any disability. Now on the other hand people involved in the protests are very much trying to divert attention away from a whistle blowing moron who clearly affected the result, maybe because if it was absolutely proven this whistler affected the game it would of course take an awful lot of credibility away from the protests and the organisers

Sent from my 5010X using Tapatalk

If said moron was involved with the protest. He/she may have taken part in it. We have no way of knowing. However they had no part in organising it. I can assure you of that.

As I said in previous posts I'm as pissed off as anyone that a handful of individuals with whistles have caused us that organised the protest hassle.

CJ_covblaze

Nick

Administrator
FA now investigating it after the ref put it in his report.

Has there been any update with that statement CJ? Snide digs are still there, it looks like feedback has been taken on board in the usual way.

giphy.gif

Otis

Has there been any update with that statement CJ? Snide digs are still there, it looks like feedback has been taken on board in the usual way.

giphy.gif
It was obvious the ref was going to put it in his report. It would have been remiss of him not to.

ajsccfc

He spoke to both captains about it, he couldn't have not mentioned it. Can't see any action being taken though unless it becomes a constant.

skybluebeduff

giphy.gif
Isn't the aim of the statement to stop the whistles?, if it does so wouldn't that be what it's all about? Instead of taking what seems to be offence by it?

Nick

Administrator
Isn't the aim of the statement to stop the whistles?, if it does so wouldn't that be what it's all about? Instead of taking what seems to be offence by it?

It is pointing out the snidey sentence in there.. The rest of the statement is fine.

SkyBlueZack

Have I missed the trust statement regarding Wasps moving to Coventry? Have we found it yet?

Edit. Just had a quick google. Can't see anything condeming the Wasps move. I did however find an article regarding the SBT holding highly productive, open and informative talks with Nick Eastwood. Is this where you told him that it was wrong of Wasps to be here but credit where it's due, they seized a business opportunity. Irrelevant of fans.
Oh, why were the trust meeting with Wasps anyway?

I did find a statement about Northampton. No Go to Northampton, on the supporters direct site. SBT opposed a ground share in Northampton in the strongest possible terms. That it is unfair loyal supporters travel 70 miles.

Yet seemingly don't care if it's other fans, as long as there alright. Then calling on fans of other teams to help us.

I'm sick of the trust trying to claim the moral high ground when the whole outfit smacks of hypocrisy and self preservation.

Last edited:

skybluebeduff

Have I missed the trust statement regarding Wasps moving to Coventry? Have we found it yet?

Edit. Just had a quick google. Can't see anything condeming the Wasps move. I did however find an article regarding the SBT holding highly productive, open and informative talks with Nick Eastwood. Is this where you told him that it was wrong of Wasps to be here but credit where it's due, they seized a business opportunity. Irrelevant of fans.
Oh, why were the trust meeting with Wasps anyway?

I did find a statement about Northampton. No Go to Northampton, on the supporters direct site. SBT opposed a ground share in Northampton in the strongest possible terms. That it is unfair loyal supporters travel 70 miles.

Yet seemingly don't care if it's other fans, as long as there alright. Then calling on fans of other teams to help us.

I'm sick of the trust trying to claim the moral high ground when the whole outfit smacks of hypocrisy and self preservation.
Few seats available at the table with the Trust, perhaps they need voices from here to highlight these problems? I see a lot of people moaning about them (rightly so), yet the opportunity is there to be part of them and raise these concerns, worth a try?

Sky Blue Pete

He spoke to both captains about it, he couldn't have not mentioned it. Can't see any action being taken though unless it becomes a constant.
I've put the rules on and really as it affected the play the ref should have stopped the game and restarted it with a drop ball

ajsccfc

Assuming it actually was a distraction for the players, the ref mustn't have noticed it which isn't unrealistic considering there are people in the stands who didn't realise it had happened.

Nick

Administrator
Few seats available at the table with the Trust, perhaps they need voices from here to highlight these problems? I see a lot of people moaning about them (rightly so), yet the opportunity is there to be part of them and raise these concerns, worth a try?
Again, default reply.

If they can't debate and discuss with other fans and members how are they going to run the club? If you mentioned anything then does it mean you have to be chairman?

It's no wonder the scg was shite if none of them could discuss things

ajsccfc

I saw It's a Wonderful Life through for the first time over Christmas. The bit when George runs home delightedly shouting to everyone, you'd cross the road to avoid that kind of manic lunatic.

torchomatic

I saw It's a Wonderful Life through for the first time over Christmas. The bit when George runs home delightedly shouting to everyone, you'd cross the road to avoid that kind of manic lunatic.

I love that film. The only thing that spoils it for me is Potter never gets his comeuppance.,

shmmeee

It's a truly fantastic film. My absolute favourite.

Great premise and beautifully played out.

I banned my wife from showing me films made before I was born (because Im a philistine), but keep hearing good things about this. Can I watch it whenever or should I wait until next Christmas for full effect?

torchomatic

I banned my wife from showing me films made before I was born (because Im a philistine), but keep hearing good things about this. Can I watch it whenever or should I wait until next Christmas for full effect?

It is Christmassy, but you could watch it anytime, I would guess. It's a 40's Butterfly Effect.

Users who are viewing this thread