If David Bell can a career out of football, I could have been a...? (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Not the worst today by a long chalk

shy_tall_knight

He played better second half but missed the target with 2 good opportunities, first half was typical bell, nowhere to be seen. baker was the most fustrating has the ability to slow the game down, dilly dallying on the ball killing the momentum whilst they are getting all their players back. Bell did ok in a below average midfield with General Jennings being the worst followed by Fleck and Baker.

chiefdave

David Bell was probably the last signing we made that really excited me. The way there were going on about him and we seemed to have been after him for years I thought he was going to be amazing and the person who would turn things around for us! Those were the days. Now when we sign anyone I have to google them to find out who the hell they are!

Nonleagueherewecome

Thought he did OK today.

shy_tall_knight

He was MOTM really, 2 good chances both shot wide, did he ever beat the full back nd create a chance, our midfield was poor today especially baker, general jennings and fleck, he was better than them, but Cyrus was MOTM.

Nonleagueherewecome

To be fair, swap Bell for Jennings, and you've got yerself a thread.

mark82

Bell was the only making space, sticking to the line, running at his marker, always looking forward. All things we've been calling for the whole season! Id say he was out MOTM!

Bell or Christie. Thought Christie looked our most dangerous player.

stupot07

He was our best midfielder today....shame his teammates decided not to pass to him after the first 20 mins of the first half.

torchomatic

I thought he played well today. "Peppered" their goal with shots. ;)

shy_tall_knight

What was bell's contribution in the first half ? zero

Second half it was cyrus that provided the penetration, bell had opportunities that he shot wide, he may have provided width but did deliver any crosses of note or create any chances. 4 seasons and more of this clown and still fans will be saying that he will be tearing up this league when he is fit.

Nonleagueherewecome

Second half it was cyrus that provided the penetration, bell had opportunities that he shot wide, he may have provided width but did deliver any crosses of note or create any chances. 4 seasons and more of this clown and still fans will be saying that he will be tearing up this league when he is fit.

Created a chance in the first minute for a start. Also played two or three very good passes first half. Maybe should have done better with his far post headed opportunity, but then heading isn't really his strength. Certainly don't think he deserves criticism for his 1st half efforts.

mark82

He worked the wing well and got in a few decent crosses. Had a couple of decent efforts. Worked hard. One of the best players on the pitch Today. Think by the tone of your post you are probably judging on past performances rather than today.

shy_tall_knight

ok a midfield of Bell Baker Jennings and fleck - is that what we want for next year, lets hope our full backs have good stamina as they will have to do the running for those carthorses - easily the slowest midfield in this division.

glamour76

Bell is a RM. Today he played on the left. Today, he was our best midfielder. Today, somebody started a thread slagging David bell and we still wonder why people call Cov fans stupid.

Mucca Mad Boys

He was MOTM really, 2 good chances both shot wide, did he ever beat the full back nd create a chance, our midfield was poor today especially baker, general jennings and fleck, he was better than them, but Cyrus was MOTM.

Don't know what you was watching, Fleck was head and shoulders the best midfielder, he batted back the myths he was poor off the ball, he put in the most tackles for us in the first half, he got the ball and moved it around well, took it forwards on many occasion and did well, also, set-pieces deliveries were good.

He did give the ball away a couple of times, there was one moment he tried to pass through 4-5 Orient players and it just deflected and they had an opportunity, he go tackled by some turbo winger but he would've caught up to any of our lot.

Moussa by contrast was very wasteful, had opportunities to play people in, over or under passed it, blazed shot after shot over, he had a mare, at CM, time for a break I think, he hasn't been the same for a long time, yet gets no criticism, favouritism.

Same harsh critics.

Grendel

Don't know what you was watching, Fleck was head and shoulders the best midfielder, he batted back the myths he was poor off the ball, he put in the most tackles for us in the first half, he got the ball and moved it around well, took it forwards on many occasion and did well, also, set-pieces deliveries were good.

He did give the ball away a couple of times, there was one moment he tried to pass through 4-5 Orient players and it just deflected and they had an opportunity, he go tackled by some turbo winger but he would've caught up to any of our lot.

Moussa by contrast was very wasteful, had opportunities to play people in, over or under passed it, blazed shot after shot over, he had a mare, at CM, time for a break I think, he hasn't been the same for a long time, yet gets no criticism, favouritism.

Same harsh critics.

Your funny. You do make me laugh.

stupot07

Same harsh critics.

Most people are saying that bell was our best midfielder......are you sure your love and devotion to fleck aren't clouding your judgement?

And yes I agree Moussa was woeful today - his decision making and execution were awful.

Grendel

Most people are saying that bell was our best midfielder......are you sure your love and devotion to fleck aren't clouding your judgement?

I know he is making a fool of himself.

kdrinkell

Bell played well today,at least he did have a few shots its the players who dilly dally that piss me off which we were guilty of a lot today.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Moussas decision making was poor, shot when he should have passed and passed when he should have shot. It was largely his final pass/shot that let him down. However I think he gives us an edge through the middle and better penetration, only player who can pick up the ball and drive forward with it from midfield to attack. Individually I think he had a pretty average game but I think as a team we have a much better balance with him in the middle, lets say we had Barton or Thomas in there instead. Who would be able to drive forward with the ball at there feet and link with the attack? Nobody imo

stupot07

Moussas decision making was poor, shot when he should have passed and passed when he should have shot. It was largely his final pass/shot that let him down. However I think he gives us an edge through the middle and better penetration, only player who can pick up the ball and drive forward with it from midfield to attack. Individually I think he had a pretty average game but I think as a team we have a much better balance with him in the middle, lets say we had Barton or Thomas in there instead. Who would be able to drive forward with the ball at there feet and link with the attack? Nobody imo

I agree to an extent but think if we are to progress the system we need to sign a proper number 10 to play in there.

Users who are viewing this thread