If it was PHIV proposing a new stadium... (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

What would your response be?

Take Sisu-emotion out of it for a second. Let's say tomorrow the GS is found in Ltd, PHIV successfully bids for it and owns the club.

He takes a look at the finances, the rent and food deals and says "I think we'd be better off in a brand new stadium more suited to a team of our size."

Would the response be the same or more accepting?

Personally, my issue isn't with the club getting a new ground as much as the behaviour of the club while doing it. Just wondering what the prevailing view is?

wingy

Take Sisu-emotion out of it for a second. Let's say tomorrow the GS is found in Ltd, PHIV successfully bids for it and owns the club.

He takes a look at the finances, the rent and food deals and says "I think we'd be better off in a brand new stadium more suited to a team of our size."

Personally, my issue isn't with the club getting a new ground as much as the behaviour of the club while doing it. Just wondering what the prevailing view is?

Surely the timing tells us everything about the Motive .If PH1V were to utilise the moment, rather than the moving out retoric,then the position of strength in his Negotiation should induce a business model that benefits the club and unites the Stadium under one umbrella.
If his bid were successful the investment within the club would not be loaded onto the club merely to facilitate SISU's Exit plan,which back to the point, the timing of this war is designed for,this really should have been their opening gambit,they may have been able to fool us, "It was indeed all for the club "

bigfatronssba

If he was able to put forward a convincing argument as to why we should have a new ground I might listen. However I think that is unlikely as I see it, owning the Ricoh would be the best way forward.

Manchester_sky_blue

I think that would largely depend on the deal that could, or could not as the case may be, agreed with ACL. If they were willing to bring the rent down to a sensible level and share the revenues with the club then I would want the club to stay put. If they could not offer that and Haskell proposed a new stadium as an alternative then I would be reasonably happy with that so long as it wasnt miles outside of the city.

skybluejelly

just a hypothetical thought...only sisu knows who there hedge fund investors are..what if preston haskell iv is one of the major fund investors and this is a back door way for him/sisu to get the higgs share on the cheap..sisu are obviously making it so difficult that the only option is preston haskell..once its all done and dusted whats to stop him immediately selling it on to sisu ..

Paxman II

You are alluding to what I said in another post shimmee and I agree.
Nothing is sustainable at the Ricoh without drastic change and thinking from all sides.

Manchester_sky_blue

just a hypothetical thought...only sisu knows who there hedge fund investors are..what if preston haskell iv is one of the major fund investors and this is a back door way for him/sisu to get the higgs share on the cheap..sisu are obviously making it so difficult that the only option is preston haskell..once its all done and dusted whats to stop him immediately selling it on to sisu ..

I see where you are going with it but surely the council would impose conditions on the sale

Noggin

If any new owner wanted to move us out of the city for 3-5 years while building a new stadium my views would be exactly the same as with SISU doing it.

I hate SISU, I don't trust sisu but that doesn't stop me being able to evaluate an action and see if it's going to be good or bad for us.

rob9872

I don't like refering to him as PHIV - it makes it reads like he has aids.

Noggin

You are alluding to what I said in another post shimmee and I agree.
Nothing is sustainable at the Ricoh without drastic change and thinking from all sides.

That might well be true but every other option proposed so far is massively worse and less sustainable that just getting a better rent deal at the ricoh.

The club probably does need the food and beverage income etc in order to thrive but if your plan costs you 1.5 mill a year to bring in 200k a year then your plan is freaking stupid.

Otis

Thing is, Sisu historically has had alleged questions hanging over them as to their degree of honesty and way they conduct business.

Don't see how you can compare PH4 to Sisu, as we know very little of Mr. Haskell.

rupert_bear

Most fans are only interested in what happens on the pitch. If any new owner said they intend to build a new ground somewhere else in the city aslong as the first team were winning fans would go with it and if a location was more central probably support the idea. Won't happen any new owner will purchase the Higgs share fairly quickly and then the acl half eventually with council retaining the freehold.

Users who are viewing this thread