If Jimmy Hill Was Our Manager Now ? (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

As we know managers don't get long enough in their jobs these days.
You look at our current one in Russell Slade he's only been here five minutes yet already many want him out. Which got me thinking about our very own messiah Jimmy Hill who created a revolution and put us in the top flight of football.Yet he started slowly didn't he and if he was a manager of Cov City now would he have been given time ? I would say probably not and we all know about Alex Ferguson being one game away from the sack at Man United,and he went on to achieve greatness at Old Trafford.

lifeskyblue

You are right it's instant success or the door today. Jimmy hill might have survived just but I don't think he would have kept this side up

PUSB
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bringbackrattles

You are right it's instant success or the door today. Jimmy hill might have survived just but I don't think he would have kept this side up

PUSB
Jimmy didn't exactly get us fans excited in his first season did he, he came in and we just stayed up although he was appointed in the November After Frith was sacked.
But he said he had a 5 year plan to get us in the first division,and Robbins gave him his own money to buy players as he had confidence in Jimmy.There were some wobbles along the way but he did it. We forget what a great chairman Robbins was !

lifeskyblue

If only robbins ran the show today. Perhaps not a great deal of money but an owner who had the best interests of ccfc at heart

PUSB

bringbackrattles

If only robbins ran the show today. Perhaps not a great deal of money but an owner who had the best interests of ccfc at heart

PUSB
Robbins gave Hill £30,000 out of his own pocket and told him go and buy some players. How much is that in today's money ? Unbelievable !

Gazolba

The first thing JH would do is to buy the best goal-keeper he could afford. There is no way he would keep Burge or RCC.

Users who are viewing this thread