If only SISU had speculated a little bit.... (1 Viewer)

CovScott88

This could have been our line up:

.............Westwood............
Cranie....Dann...Turner....Fox
..............Clingan...............
...Gunnarsson..Henderson.....
............McSheffrey............
...........King....Carroll...........

Ahhh, if only........**sigh**

Skyblueloyal

Thanks for sending me in to a big depressive state :( Oh well I can look forward to another season of just about staying in The Championship

Godiva

So it's all SISU's fault?
Ranson's way of running the club finances is irrelevant?

If only the bank would loan me more money, I would drive a AUDI R8, live in a mansion by the sea and have a summer residence in Bahamas.

ajsccfc

I don't believe we'd have signed Henderson regardless; Sunderland sent him here as a highly-rated prospect in need of experience (as shown after his return there) rather than a try-before-you-buy.

Cov City Daytrader 87

Looking back I think Ray had a good idea of what's players to get in. However I can't couldn't say the same about the pass 2 manager he's appointed.

blueflint

only speculation give thorny time we may be even stronger :facepalm::facepalm:

covcity4life

if SISU had speculated this could have been our line up

---------------admin------------------
admin------admin-----admin----admin
----------------admin-------------------
------admin------------admin--------
--------------admin---------------------
-----admin-----------BANKRUPT

its not so black and white.:whistle:

sotv1987

AT had a lot do with the potential side above, SISU/Ranson fails to back his ideas, maybe AT can do it again and pull a few more bargains out of the hat!!!! PUSB

CovKingChris

Facebook User
It doesn't take a genious to know that wouldn't have been our squad. bringing in Caroll would have meant there would have been no news about any of the players we have now.

CovScott88

Apologies, didn't mean to depress everyone. Was just looking at the line-up we could potentially have had.
Godiva, I didn't actually say everything was SISU's fault. I meant it as us having the chance to sign these players, but them not agreeing to put up the money.
I would never want them to gamble the financial safety of this football club.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Sisu chose the cautious and financially sound route ...... find it hard to argue with that, whatever my heart says about putting money in to buy players. With benefit of hindsight I wonder whether they think they should ever have got involved, and misjudged exactly what it was they were getting into. Think investors in football clubs first and foremost have to think they wont see most of their money (if not all) again under current business models, with that in mind should investment managers be recommending the investment?. There is no real evidence that anyone investing in CCFC will get a return on their money. However they are here, with no sign of leaving so we all need to get on with it. Doesnt mean I wont question things though. And no investment in the team doesnt guarantee anything in football

Users who are viewing this thread