If Other Clubs Can Do It Why Can't We ? (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

Bradford City,Sheffield United,and Cambridge have done the lower league proud with their Cup performances.Bradford put four past the mighty Chelsea,the Blades are in the League Cup semi-finals,and lowly Cambridge of League Two held Man United to a draw and a worthy replay at Old Trafford.
Watching these teams play made me jealous to be honest because I thought all three of them play as a team and never give in or let their heads drop and can play a bit too. Which begs the question:" why the hell can't we ? "

johnwillomagic

To be fair we have in not too dim and distant times - beat Man Utd away in league cup.....beat Blackburn in fa cup away to name a few.
People have selective memories........

bringbackrattles

To be fair we have in not too dim and distant times - beat Man Utd away in league cup.....beat Blackburn in fa cup away to name a few.
People have selective memories........
It seems so long ago to be honest.I was at both of the games you mentioned and they were great days out.We should be having more than we do though !

johnwillomagic

How often have Middlesbrough beaten premier league oppo away from home before yesterday in last 20 years....same question for Bradford?
Every dog has it's day......our next one may be some time away sadly though!!

CJ_covblaze

How often have Middlesbrough beaten premier league oppo away from home before yesterday in last 20 years....same question for Bradford?
Every dog has it's day......our next one may be some time away sadly though!!

Was in the Bradford end at Villa Park for the LC semi when they went through on aggregate despite losing 2-1 on the night a couple of years ago. Was a great occasion and they also beat a couple of other Prem teams including Arsenal on the way too. They were near the bottom of L1 at the time but somehow managed to go up as well as getting to a major final. Must've been an unbelievable few months.

Gazolba

Bradford City,Sheffield United,and Cambridge have done the lower league proud with their Cup performances.Bradford put four past the mighty Chelsea,the Blades are in the League Cup semi-finals,and lowly Cambridge of League Two held Man United to a draw and a worthy replay at Old Trafford.
Watching these teams play made me jealous to be honest because I thought all three of them play as a team and never give in or let their heads drop and can play a bit too. Which begs the question:" why the hell can't we ? "

We can, we beat Manchester United a few years ago. But we did not get far enough this time around to meet anyone big.

Users who are viewing this thread