i'm delighted we've finally (1 Viewer)

nigel bruce

beaten watford...they always seem to stuff us .much better ccfc excellent.

Nonleagueherewecome

I'll admit that I didn't think we stood a chance, with our recent defensive record and their on-fire attack. A cracking performance against a very good team. They threatened, but then we hit the woodwork several times and had 2 goals wrongly ruled out. I don't care if it is players putting themselves in the shop window, "just one game" or "about time"-I'm just going to enjoy this. It's been a long time since I've seen us play well AND win in the same game!

WFC4EVER

TBH I would've been more confident of beating you guys if you were on some long unbeaten run!

The only surprise was King didn't get a goal.

Sounds like we just didn't turn up and made our pretty inexperienced defence apart from Taylor look just that.

Good luck for the future.

Nonleagueherewecome

I have to say, Taylor was pretty awesome. He looks a class above, which shows the gulf to the Prem as I thought he was a bit pants at Brum. Today he showed power and more passing ability than I expected. Wish we'd got him when we were in for him now!

You weren't bad, and didn't give up, but didn't score during the brief period of dominance after half-time. I liked the style of football, though-the youngsters have a lot of composure, passed it well at times, and the future looks bright. We've lost to much worse teams than Watford, and if you'd played us a few weeks ago that display today would have probably won you the game!

dilligaf

TBH I would've been more confident of beating you guys if you were on some long unbeaten run!

Sounds like we just didn't turn up and made our pretty inexperienced defence apart from Taylor look just that.

W4E no watford turned up ok look at the stats
defence not a fault it was the attack that couldn't take thier chances
our two goals today could be fighting for goal of the season
it could have ended 4-4

Cheers matey. We are now 10 points from the drop. Which is nice.

Nick

Administrator
Yep, that little lad on the wing was shocking.

I thought Taylor was good as well and was surprised at his touch and passing when he went up front (expected him to be a donkey).

Danny Graham missed a couple of sitters as well. I was fully expecting King or Eustace to get a goal in the old "old team jinx" but neither happened.

WFC4EVER

WFC4ever, Ur number 22 wasn't the best tho! He had most of your chances and fluffed em all (thank god lol).

Lad on loan from your friends at Villa (Austrain).

We'd be better playing Sordell.

Taylor has been excellent all season but we were without Doyley or Mariappa in defence which hardly helped.

I guess its good we were creating chances despite not playing well but giving too much away.

This league is so competitive that any result isn't predictable.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Lad on loan from your friends at Villa (Austrain).

We'd be better playing Sordell.

Taylor has been excellent all season but we were without Doyley or Mariappa in defence which hardly helped.

I guess its good we were creating chances despite not playing well but giving too much away.

This league is so competitive that any result isn't predictable.

If only he was playing for Villa with Skills like his, they'd be guaranteed to be playing here next season, which we'd all LOVE!!!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread