I'm just saying.... (1 Viewer)

Cov kid 55

A great result on Sunday, the team and fans did the City of Coventry proud. Every player put a real shift in, and worked really hard to defend what we had. I think the team have tried hard all season, they just haven't had the organisation and game plan that they did on Sunday, nor the confidence/self belief to hold onto a lead under pressure. Going forward, we will have loads of setbacks, Lee Burge will make a mistake that leads to a goal, Bigi will make a misplaced pass that will lead to us conceding, Haynes will lose his man etc etc etc. When that happens, can we remember what these players did for us on Sunday? (we were even on BBC breakfast at 8.30am Monday morning!!!), How they gave us back some of our pride, with their skill, hard work, and pure grit, and when things go wrong, can we give them some leeway before jumping in with criticisms which have, at times, been well over the top? Let's remember the day they gave us, and stick with them through thick and thin. And I'm not forgetting our league position, or saying that constructive criticism is wrong.

I'm just saying....

Covkid1968#

Well said that man.....

skybluesam66

the bigger question is how can they play like that when we have had 2 runs of 10 games or more without a win, and a 3rd run of 6 games where we only got 1 point
Yet somehow managed to win 8/8 throughout in the checkatrade

NortonSkyBlue

I can't fault the effort in any of the 6 games I saw. We were unlucky in some games and outclassed in others but no complaints about the commitment.
It is understandable that heads drop when things go against us but that we are so far adrift is a crime as bad as the Leicester players winning so many on the trot.
Not acceptable under any circumstances from so called professional managers, coaches and yes the players. Nobody can look at this season with pride despite Sunday.

Adge

The majority of these players should not be let off the hook for this shameful season. Yes Sunday we all had a blast but I like many others have been home and away and at times have seen lack of effort and desire from them. Ability wise or not that is inexcusable.

idm1975

I think a lot of comes down to messrs mowbray, venus and slade who have all got it horribly wrong for us this season. Squad wasnt right and heads have been down all year. Bad bad management!

Users who are viewing this thread