In The Dark (1 Viewer)

Grendel

This BBC crime drama concluded last week.

Did anyone watch it?

If so what's your opinion?

I'm curious as I'm a big fan of Mark Billingham whose books these are based on

Grendel

Not seen it, is it on iPlayer? Might have a look

It should be yes. It's worth a look. The actress who plays Helen Weekes was great.

The forensics expert Phil Hendricks played by Super Hans from Peep Show was hilarious. He really only appeared in the first instalment.

The confusion though was this was actually two totally unconnected novels with totally different characters merged into one.

In the dark is really the last two episodes

It's good but for the book reader a bit confusing.

Otis

Not that impressed.

Thought it was just okay and that the TV depiction was rather contrived all it was all a bit stereotyped.

Grendel

Not that impressed.

Thought it was just okay and that the TV depiction was rather contrived all it was all a bit stereotyped.

Have you read the books?

Otis

No.

The books sound better. Was just a tad disappointed by the TV adaptation, though I did think the lead was very, very good as you alluded to.

clint van damme

Did anyone watch it?

I've read some Mark Billingham but not this one. I'll give it a go on IPlayer.

Grendel

I've read some Mark Billingham but not this one. I'll give it a go on IPlayer.

You may have read the first two episodes as that was a different book. It was all a bit rushed - I don't know why they didn't do the first book or the second and covered one in four episodes which would have been far better

Otis

Yeah, definitely felt rushed. Loose ends tied up incredibly quickly because they had to tell an entire story in just two episodes.

vow

Did anyone watch it?

The wife reads Billingham books, but hadn't read "In The Dark" yet (but has it), so gave the TV series a swerve, looks like she made the right choice. Also a fan of Stuart McBride books too.

Users who are viewing this thread