In the midst of all this..... (1 Viewer)

RoboCCFC90

Gary McSheffery should be due a testimonial for his ten year service with the Sky Blues..

Thoughts?

RoboCCFC90

I was pretty sure that clubs grant testimonials in acknowledgement of ten years of service which Gary has served.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
will he still be here to have one ?

hutch1972

Gary McSheffery should be due a testimonial for his ten year service with the Sky Blues..

Thoughts?

With the sums of money earned by modern day footballers , testimonial games should not even be on the radar ! unless , as in the case of Dave Buust injury ends your career early.
Don't you think we've put enough cash in their pockets as it is ?

RoboCCFC90

With the sums of money earned by modern day footballers , testimonial games should not even be on the radar ! unless , as in the case of Dave Buust injury ends your career early.
Don't you think we've put enough cash in their pockets as it is ?

It's not about the money it's about honouring a Sky Blue favourite who happens to be a cov lad for ten years of service to the club and in which time has given us some great memories to remember him by.

kg82

Its been a long time but I think testimonials are only given for unbroken service?

Although I may be wrong...

Marcus hall got one didn't he? I'm sure I remember him getting a testimonial? And he wasn't with us for about 3-4 years

hutch1972

It's not about the money it's about honouring a Sky Blue favourite who happens to be a cov lad for ten years of service to the club and in which time has given us some great memories to remember him by.

ok but we must agree to disagree on this one robo
The testimonial was about putting a few quid in the retirement pot for players when their career finished and after years of loyal service.
If you look back at all the players who have had one in my lifetime so that would be ,Glazier,coop,roberts,sillett,mcgrath,oggy,borrows ,busst,regis,gynn (till 2005) every single one had chances at one stage or another to bail out but they didn't.
The ones since include shaw,hall both of whom played many years during the PL era and will have been paid as such . Marcus and Sheff both fecked off at the 1st sign of a pay rise and only came back when nobody else wanted them.
Yes they have given a few memories and they are local lads but i can think of many more deserving players over the years who never got a sniff.

Nonleagueherewecome

will he still be here to have one ?

Where are they going to play it, The Memorial Park? Should bring back memories of when Uri's mate had him training there...

Users who are viewing this thread