In The Trust? Yes or No. (1 Viewer)

Are You In The Trust

• Total voters

torchomatic

Are you in the Trust? If so, why did you join? If not, why didn't you join?

Me. I'm in the Trust joined in February and I joined because I thought they would be a voice for the fans in the belief that they could make sense of the current situation between CCFC and ACL. I was happy enough at first, but recently I've not been too impressed with their campaign. I'm happy with a "SISU Out" agenda, but not happy at all with the Not One Penny More thing. The message is confusing and the Trust have confused it more. The protest on Saturday, while a good idea, was let down by the unprofessional stickers.

hill83

I joined because I walked past the stand in town when the Godiva festival got cancelled last year and they put on coaches to away games.

blueflint

in i think they need more support from members to get things done more professionally and to use the number of members in the correct manner.we could be like portsmouth
fans with a little help and then we would be a power to deal with in the current situation

Otis

As per usual, can I nitpick? ;)

I am in the Trust, but am reasonably happy, rather than unhappy.

Not completely pleased with the way they are doing some things, but certainly wouldn't say I was not happy with them.

NorthernWisdom

Yes.

Because I agree with a voice for the fans, voicing concerns to the club and working with the club. Some of the board members also came across as balanced, looking at all angles, didn't take sides and welcomed comments.

Frankly it seems to have been window dressing though, and is nothing more than SOC with another name.

torchomatic

Brighton Sky Blue

No, but I am going to the AGM tonight and will base any decision to join/stay on that basis. Must say the intentions seem well placed but the execution is incoherent and doesn't seem to follow a co-ordinated strategy.

Covcraig@bury

No.

I gave my hard earned £1 to guide dogs for the blind

The Trust have shown time and time again they haven't got a scooby do about organising .
Take Saturday . 2200 members and only 150 turned up.
It just don't add up. What was the excuse this time for a small turn out.
I'm not knocking those who went, and fair play to them.
But very embarrassing considering 2050 never showed up !!!

Delboycov

Any fan's representative group is going to have their detractors as it is impossible to fully reflect and convey all the opinions and views of their members. With that in mind I would say they are doing a pretty decent job but as Torch says there have been confusing messages, particularly regarding the NOPM campaign. I support this if they go through with a ground share although I would be reluctant to should a deal be struck to play at the Ricoh. I'm not 100% sure what the Trust's stance on this is. Apart from the stickers I thought Saturday was a very decent effort but I would like them to organise something in the city centre and really make a concerted effort to get everyone fully behind it and there.

ajsccfc

I'm not a member, and don't plan to be. I don't have a problem with them (alTGOGUHH that FILM NIGHT was A MESS and I WILL CUT MYSELF) but I don't really feel compelled to have a representative voice that doesn't completely feel representative.

Nonleagueherewecome

Tsk, there's no option for "in the Trust and favourite colour is purple, don't like Monday's, enjoy chess, resent spiders, appreciate aubergenes, keen on Jesus".

luwalla

joined for same reasons as your torch, and to be honest im now thinking about withdrawing my membership.. i realise one extra number might not make a diffrence to them, and they can keep the pound.. but im simply not sure they represent my viewpoint any longer

Buster

Yes .I'm a member and much respect to anyone who is passionate enough for a cause to give up their time and organise an event to put a point across. 100% agreement on all policies or actions is impossible . We cant all even agree on whether we want our club run by sisu or not!
Stop knocking them .If you dont want to pay your quid ,dont!
Perhaps some of you could start your own little band ,for your slogan you could say SISU IN !

ajsccfc

'Stop knocking them' and 'start your own' is a completely counter-productive set of arguments.

ohitsaidwalker king power

I'm not in the trust and don't have an immediate plan to join. I admire their efforts, but respectfully wonder on their effectiveness against such thoughtless owners who frankly don't listen to their own conscience never mind the voice of reason from a respected protest group- Am I a defeatist? Yeah maybe.... 'fraid that's how low I feel.
:blue:

Brighton Sky Blue

Yes .I'm a member and much respect to anyone who is passionate enough for a cause to give up their time and organise an event to put a point across. 100% agreement on all policies or actions is impossible . We cant all even agree on whether we want our club run by sisu or not!
Stop knocking them .If you dont want to pay your quid ,dont!
Perhaps some of you could start your own little band ,for your slogan you could say SISU IN !

Doesn't mean there can't be a clearly defined strategy of what the Trust sets out to achieve and how it intends to do it. It just requires some firm leadership and a little bit of nous.

slyblue57

Yes , joined at the Ricoh pre match after a discussion with them.
Said at the time do nt agree with certain things they were saying but agreed that numbers
were needed to have any influence. Not happy with the jibes at Sisu, altho I ve no love
for them and want them gone, but the Trust will have no influence now if
we re stuck with them.
Pusb

Colin1883

I haven't voted because I'm undecided on the trust ( I did attend on Saturday) mainly because thy seem to have no clear direction .

MichaelCCFC

No, but I am going to the AGM tonight and will base any decision to join/stay on that basis. Must say the intentions seem well placed but the execution is incoherent and doesn't seem to follow a co-ordinated strategy.

For info - meetings are normally open to all but tonight is the formal AGM with rule change vote so to attend you have to be a member of the Trust, although can join on door

Brighton Sky Blue

For info - meetings are normally open to all but tonight is the formal AGM with rule change vote so to attend you have to be a member of the Trust, although can join on door

I thought that would be the case hence why I said join and or stay. Don't mind paying the £1-looking forward to it :)

Me. I'm in the Trust joined in February and I joined because I thought they would be a voice for the fans in the belief that they could make sense of the current situation between CCFC and ACL. I was happy enough at first, but recently I've not been too impressed with their campaign. I'm happy with a "SISU Out" agenda, but not happy at all with the Not One Penny More thing. The message is confusing and the Trust have confused it more. The protest on Saturday, while a good idea, was let down by the unprofessional stickers.

Very eloquently put Torch, my view mirrors yours. I am not a member yet, but will be joining this week end. I have voted to that effect.

MichaelCCFC

Hi Torch

Saturday's protest was back page of Thursday's Telegraph, today's Telegraph front page, coverage on ITV, good piece on SSN and Saturday afternoon/early evening the report of the protest was the second most read item on BBC website. I've known companies spend huge sums on marketing and achieve less!

Saturday was part of trying to make clear that the new campaign is branded as 'Keep Coventry in Coventry - NOT ONE PENNY MORE!' and publicise the aim is that 'Coventry City FC home games must be played in Coventry and until it is confirmed that this is the case for the 2013/14 season we urge supporters not to provide any revenue of any kind to CCFC - no merchandise, no replica shirts – NOT ONE PENNY MORE!' There's a delay with the website so have set up a temproary one at http://keepcoventryincoventry-nopm.weebly.com , facebook and twitter are using old nopm addresses cos have significant number of likes/followers so not sensible to alter.

Cheers,

Michael

Buster

Doesn't mean there can't be a clearly defined strategy of what the Trust sets out to achieve and how it intends to do it. It just requires some firm leadership and a little bit of nous.

A clearly defined strategy is always important but as new problems arise or existing problems change you have to react and sometimes thers no time for a referendum . I wonder how many dissatisfied posters will go to the meeting and air their views. I was involved with a sports club , the barroom chat was plenty but when people were asked to lend a hand on working parties the quietness was deafening

Users who are viewing this thread