In your opinion will we eventually move to the Butts (1 Viewer)

In your opinion will we eventually move to the Butts

• More likely than not

Votes: 21 17.2%
  • More unlikely than likely.

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • Definite no

Votes: 60 49.2%
  • Definite yes

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters

dongonzalos

In your opinion will we eventually move to the Butts, short term or long term?
Not whether you think it is viable purely and simply do you believe it will happen?

stupot07

Don, its coming across as you having a bit of an agenda here.

I can't vote for this because its far too black and white, life doesn't work that way. Reading the threads the majority seem to support it as a viable option, which may or may not happen. That's all we can do, whether we think fisher is bullshitting or not. You seem to have a problem saying it's a potential viable option, and keep pressing people to say whether they think it will happen.

Is it a viable option? Yes, potentially.

Will it definitely happen? Who knows, only time will tell.

We need to keep our options open, because if we get left with Ricoh or nothing then we leave ourselves open to being shafted. Or worse still get moved back to Northampton.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Kingokings204

It's a definite no from me. Obviously you never say never but it just won't happen. I only base this on no single shred of evidence for it to happen.

The bigger point is we are homeless in 1 years time and regardless of what you think of the butts nothing will be sorted for then so what do we do?

Grendel

This is agenda based - close thread.

Otis

The polls never come up on my tablet, so I have to guess.

I would go for playing at the Butts for a very short period of time, but no new stadium built at the BPA and only temp stands put in place while we are there.

dongonzalos

Don, its coming across as you having a bit of an agenda here.

I can't vote for this because its far too black and white, life doesn't work that way. Reading the threads the majority seem to support it as a viable option, which may or may not happen. That's all we can do, whether we think fisher is bullshitting or not. You seem to have a problem saying it's a potential viable option, and keep pressing people to say whether they think it will happen.

Is it a viable option? Yes, potentially.

Will it definitely happen? Who knows, only time will tell.

We need to keep our options open, because if we get left with Ricoh or nothing then we leave ourselves open to being shafted. Or worse still get moved back to Northampton.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

No worries respect your opinion.
11 people have managed to vote so far so let's see how it pans out.
You have to be bit black and white with polls otherwise you would have a ridiculous amount of answers.
personally I definitely think it is viable project. I just don't believe it will happen with SISU

sky blue john

Ricoh pitch can't deal with one rugby and one football team. How many teams are planning to play at Butts ?
Also in todays mediation statement from the rugby club did they not say they would look at possibilities of CCFC as a tenant?
If thats the case how does that sit with CCFC requiring 365 days a year revenue?
Thats why i believe it to be all bullshit as usual !

Monners

NO!
200w.gif

SkyblueSpecial

Been lurking on here for a while, decided to add my thoughts.

I work for the organisation that owns the Earlsdon Park Retirement Village behind the BPA.

The residents in there would not take this lying down. There is an active and fierce residents association within Earlsdon Park. Make no mistake, these aren't geriatric decrepits who have moved in here because of illness. Most of the residents association are as physically able and mentally capable as anyone. These would ensure delay at every opportunity in the planning process. It would take years to get BPA built to even a modest standard.

And that is all we're talking about, there isn't the room for a ground we would need if we have an iota of ambition.

So there will be no development for a long time. Yet we need a stadium within 18 months.

BPA is Fishers preferred choice. BPA isn't suitable for league football - so only one way we could kick off the 2018-19 season at the BPA....

So do I think we could move there? Yes.

However it would be a Ccfc competing against Solihull Moors and North Ferriby for at least 10 years.

chiefdave

These would ensure delay at every opportunity in the planning process
The only opportunity would be when planning permission is applied for and any objection would have to be on valid planning grounds not just 'we don't want them next door'.

It will be a lot easier to get planning permission to expand an existing stadium which they have chosen to move next door to than if one was being built from scratch.

SkyblueSpecial

The only opportunity would be when planning permission is applied for and any objection would have to be on valid planning grounds not just 'we don't want them next door'.

It will be a lot easier to get planning permission to expand an existing stadium which they have chosen to move next door to than if one was being built from scratch.

But the BPA would effectively be being built from scratch.

Valid planning grounds would be noise and access issues.

Depending on how any development would take place, the blocking of natural light could also be an issue.

chiefdave

Valid planning grounds would be noise and access issues.
Depending on how any development would take place, the blocking of natural light could also be an issue.
Noise is pretty much a non starter. There will be an acoustic assessment, with that data it will be hard to argue against it.

One issue will be how they establish the likely noise, the usual way for an application like this is to take readings at the existing stadium. The crowd at the Ricoh isn't exactly deafening. Then they will take readings at the Butts as it is now. They will also largely ignore any peaks, such as the noise of a goal being scored. Add in that they then consider it is 2 hours out of the week and there's very little chance of a noise objection standing up.

martcov

Noise is pretty much a non starter. There will be an acoustic assessment, with that data it will be hard to argue against it.

One issue will be how they establish the likely noise, the usual way for an application like this is to take readings at the existing stadium. The crowd at the Ricoh isn't exactly deafening. Then they will take readings at the Butts as it is now. They will also largely ignore any peaks, such as the noise of a goal being scored. Add in that they then consider it is 2 hours out of the week and there's very little chance of a noise objection standing up.

What about evening games? I know that a residents association in Leverkusen won the right to stop Bayer playing champions league evening games... because of the noise.... They have never used it though. Threats were received from agitated fans... maybe that's why they didn't apply for an injunction... or perhaps Bayer found a solution ( I am not up-to-date on that ). One point they had was about the tannoy announcements, particularly at half time. Also parking and the behaviour of away fans who ignored parking rules and were generally loud. Home fans used the shuttle bus system more and were more respectful of their neighbours rights.

richnrg

Been lurking on here for a while, decided to add my thoughts.
I work for the organisation that owns the Earlsdon Park Retirement Village behind the BPA.
The residents in there would not take this lying down...

Surely the residents of Earlsdon Park Retirement Village take most things lying down? Or at least propped up in bed with a couple of pillows?

Users who are viewing this thread