Injury update. 12/04/2011 (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

Eastwood doubtfull due to sickness bug he picked up over the weekend.

Richard Wood is responding well to treatment for his groin strain, but again, tonight's game has come too soon for the defender who is also set to miss the game.

Jordan Clarke whose ankle injury is recovering well, but not quickly enough for tonight.

It is not all bad news for Thorn though as he has several players all recovered from injury and raring to get a start.

Thorn said to the CT:

" All of a sudden there are bodies appearing from the physio's room because everyone wants to play. Carl Baker is champing at the bit after his injury, as is Clive Platt."

"Gary Deegan is like a caged lion waiting to be let loose and Roy O'Donovan wants to prove a point, so it's good. The boys were back on it yesterday. We worked on a little bit of shape to get them going for tonight's game. We said to them that it was decent on Saturday because we worked hard and earned that right to play."

"We feel there is a lot more to come; there is stuff we need to brush up on but what they have taken on board in a short space of time has been good and it is just a question of kicking on and getting better and better at what we are doing now."

CovKingChris

Facebook User
First Pitbull, now Lion. Some sort of animal similies here :D Love to see Deegan playing as well. Top passer and would work well in our style of play.
Don't let Platt play, he's awful. 6ft 4" and he can't win a header. What a tool. We'd just go back to the long ball. :(
O'donovan, give him about 20 - 45 mins, see what he's like.
Baker, Magician with his feet (sometimes). Sometimes he tries too hard and tries to do too much.

Jimthor

Would love Deegan to get a go towards the end of the game, if he's totally fit that is. Seems like exactly the sort of player i'd like in the side, would be interested to see how he does. Don't see a problem in giving O'Donovan a brief run-out either, especially with Freddy injured and Platt probably not sliding easily into the gameplan

rob9872

Baker could be a man to fit into this style too. Has a few tricks but little pace and that could suit. A free role behind the front two was where he got all his Stockport goals. Macca playing well atm so he'll have to wait for his chance but hopefully will grab it when he does.

Nonleagueherewecome

Agreed Rob, that's Baker's best position and we only now play the formation that suits him. But he was good at Burnley in the central role, so good competition for places all of a sudden.

I really want Roy to at least get a run at tired legs with his pace as a late sub.
Platt may surprise-a bit like Dele, he's generally been more effective throughout his career with the ball played into his chest or feet to hold it up with his strength and lay it off. Bell and McShefrey could profit from that-like Miffy did with Dele. We may actually see a more effective player with this style, and it will certainly confuse opposition who expect him to be the target for aerial balls. That won't be how Thorn uses him. We've also got much more in the way of crosses from wide lately-odd because we are playing more narrow. Chris Hussey obviously gets much of the credit for this. My new fave Sky Blue, I think.

Deegan I can't wait to see again, but cage that lion! He'll only get injured yet again if we rush him back. Maybe give him 10 mins.

Pigeon

Bring back the pitbull/lion/tiger/piglet/bird/cat/dog :facepalm:....Bring back Deegan!

Disorganised1

My knee that I banged on the water sign is a lot better too.

Users who are viewing this thread