iPhones (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Does anybody else have one? I have just got one and just wondered what good apps I HAVE to have! :)

simmouk

Administrator
I thought better of you Nick! Have you fallen for the hype?! Hehe. Well I have to say, the interface would be the only reason for me actually getting one - it's still lacking in so many basic features that other "simpler" phones have covered that it has become too much of a fashion accessory for me, rarther than a piece of communcation technology. Ok so maybe my view of it is still based on the first iPhone incarnation without even basic functions like MMS, video recording and such like, which the "new" iphone 3GS covers (to be fair its a brilliant money making plan - release a version without basic features and then release a "better" version at a later date which includes the stuff that should have been there in the first place!).

As for the apps, can't say I know much about them, apart from the Carling beer drinking one where you tip your phone and the pint goes down etc. Lol. Useful!

Nick

Administrator
Yes but you can just download the update which allows the old iPhones to have all of the latest stuff like MMS and Copy and Paste :)

I had to upgrade and o2 didnt have any other decent phones so I got this. I have found quite a good selection of applications which have a point to them like the Spirit level app :)

pagey89

My girls contract was up for upgrade and she got a N97 they are a phone and a half i stole it off her and took her and gave her my blackberry

simmouk

Administrator
Yeah I was quite obsessed with getting the N97 for a while lol, to replace my N95...when I had issues with it and my 16gb MicroSD card - but it turns out that the it was the card that was faulty, not the N95 - so I've stuck with it, because it does everything I need! I really would like a touch screen phone but on the flipside I *do* like the interface of the iPhone - you just cant beat it - and the N97 interface seems much more clunky etc. The other main thing that put me off the N97 was the price! I am on a £20 a month rolling tarrif from o2 so would quite like to keep that, so was looking at it SIM-free and it was like £499! Which is FECK loads! So I think I'll have to save up to a bit hehe.

Users who are viewing this thread