Is Football Going A Bit Crazy ? (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

We all love the beautiful game but is it starting to lose the plot ? Players constantly on the move,clubs plunging down the leagues,barmy owners,crazy wages,dodgy contracts,short and long loans,and managers sacked on day one of a new season.It's hard to keep up with it all ! I'll always be a football fan but is it good for mental health ?

Last edited:

Covstu

really not that worried about it to let it affect my health!! the sport has to be reviewed (particularly in this country) before it crashes completely. Other than that i just enjoy watching it as a specticle rather than get too pulled into the wider stuff.

I think that the fact that the scottish championship is probably stronger than the prem speaks volumes!!

bringbackrattles

really not that worried about it to let it affect my health!! the sport has to be reviewed (particularly in this country) before it crashes completely. Other than that i just enjoy watching it as a specticle rather than get too pulled into the wider stuff.

I think that the fact that the scottish championship is probably stronger than the prem speaks volumes!!
I try hard to just concentrate on the football but there's so much crap going on all around it that it can get on your nerves.
I reckon that's why fans slowly move away from it,not because they no longer like the game but they get fed up with the craziness involved with it.

Brighton Sky Blue

I try hard to just concentrate on the football but there's so much crap going on all around it that it can get on your nerves.
I reckon that's why fans slowly move away from it,not because they no longer like the game but they get fed up with the craziness involved with it.

Yet there is a huge market created now for the plastic fan who is only interested in shiny shirts and teams at the top end of the table. This is the modern football fan and it is they who those in charge of football, at least in the UK, now care about. The idea that you support a team because you come from the same town/city or have some connection to it is now a minority opinion. At least that's what the Scottish Arsenal 'fan' I worked with told me.

Users who are viewing this thread