Is it any wonder..... (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

I think the debates have been around SISU's failure to react to the situation they bought themselves into, rather than defend the catalogue of poor management that went before them.
Well, at the risk of debating the debate, the debate above does indeed seem to spectacularly miss that league position is really a red herring in such things. We could (could!) have had fantastic owners, and still gone down... Hull certainly don't have a glorious owner, despite the occasional promotion.

And sure, league position is symptomatic of our current owners' failure, but it's also fair to say it's the previous owners' failures catching up on them too. Neither are wrong... and if the previous owners hadn't been quite so inept, we wouldn't have been vulnerable to carpet baggers such as our present lot.

So... looking back? Not really. But on a thread about our esteemed previous owner (who seems to, often, bizarrely escape any kind of criticism anyway) it's hardly surprising people point out how useless he actually is, is it?

The same as an article recounting the glorious day Dulieu sat in the dugout wouldn't exactly be the time to fail to respond to the fact he had the awareness of a Robinson, and his paymasters were ruthless profit-driven destroyers...

Astute

I think the debates have been around SISU's failure to react to the situation they bought themselves into, rather than defend the catalogue of poor management that went before them.
There are some who try and defend Richardson. We all know who one of those is though. A certain person who would argue that black is white.

Grendel

There are some who try and defend Richardson. We all know who one of those is though. A certain person who would argue that black is white.

Me? Oddly most people on the worst chairman thread supported my version - check it out if you don't believe me?

Count the numbers and challenge them. Oddly it's not defending Richardson either.

The Worst Chairman

Adge

Adams was underrated as a manager here.
He certainly was. I remember the cup match against Bristol City away when he was under pressure and we came from 3-1 down with Stern John getting a late equaliser? Then I remember the reply where it was obvious that the players didn't play for him and ultimately got him the sack.
giphy.gif

wince

Adams was underrated as a manager here.
I think Adams was shot by the time he got here , the think with Leicester in spain ,where he trusted his players , who then let him down , did more damage than at first glance , by the time he got to cov , I remember him telling the players he was going to breath test them over Christmas (because he had been let down before) but I think the players lost a lot of respect over that , and sadly when its gone its gone

Sky Blue Kid

You are too thick to realise the irreparable GR & co did to the club:

Relegated from top flight after 34 years
Left club in £30m of debt despite a fire sale
Sold the club's ground for insecure tenure at an excessive rent
Sold the club's rights to any income at the Ricoh
Arranged the deal to bring SISU to the club

a couple of relegations is something that can be repaired in time, selling your home of 100 years without even foundations dug on a replacement is not.

And how much are the Club in debt to SISU/Arvo atm? £40m...£50m.. £60m...£70m....Or even more?...... Isn't this what our owners do everytime another Club shows interest in one of our players? FFS SISU wrote off(Supposedly) £60m+ which they themselves accrude, yet we're still in debt to them(Heavily)

ccfcway

torchomatic

If that's true (a big IF), then that's fucking outrageous.

Never let it be said that everything was rosy in the garden before SISU arrived. They inherited a total mess; their crime wasn't creating that mess, it was failing to improve things and making them far worse.

Why would it be a big if?

oucho

Why would it be a big if?
Because we've only got Adams's word for it. Not saying the bloke's lying but there's no reason we should treat it as gospel.

ovduk78

Because we've only got Adams's word for it. Not saying the bloke's lying but there's no reason we should treat it as gospel.
Maybe the CT should ask Robinson and then we'll have a definitive answer especially with Robinson being such a trusted honourable man?

shmmeee

Lmao! quality story!

Of course that’s the other side to the coin of wanting a chairman that “is a fan” is that they’ll blur the lines for what’s acceptable. You should have the self awareness to know as a chairman you are never wanted near the football side. Which is ironic really as it’s not like you’d be a chairman for the money.
You are too thick to realise the irreparable GR & co did to the club:

Relegated from top flight after 34 years
Left club in £30m of debt despite a fire sale
Sold the club's ground for insecure tenure at an excessive rent
Sold the club's rights to any income at the Ricoh
Arranged the deal to bring SISU to the club

a couple of relegations is something that can be repaired in time, selling your home of 100 years without even foundations dug on a replacement is not.

The fucking irony in this post from a guy who spends half his time on this forum defending Sisu.

One relegation from Prem to Champ is the worst thing ever, but two from Champ to L2 is 'something that can be repaired in time'! £30m debt is terrible, but £60m is fine! Selling HR made us insecure, but breaking the long term rental deal without a replacement and burning every bridge in sight is OK!

You couldn't make it up.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
SISU & ARVO are owed 36.8m capital according to the SBS&L group accounts. They did not write off any ccfc loans - never have. They converted old and group manufactured debt in to 65m preference shares.

Am as bad as everyone else. This was a thread about ccfc and a certain MP as encountered by a fairly decent CCFC manager

Last edited:

wingy

Well In Fookin lost.
What was the £3M injection?
Was that the cost of Liquidation?
I read during the Sixfields season an injection of 600K,then the sale of Clark and Wilson bringing in £4M.:-/

fernandopartridge

Lmao! quality story!

Of course that’s the other side to the coin of wanting a chairman that “is a fan” is that they’ll blur the lines for what’s acceptable. You should have the self awareness to know as a chairman you are never wanted near the football side. Which is ironic really as it’s not like you’d be a chairman for the money.

The fucking irony in this post from a guy who spends half his time on this forum defending Sisu.

One relegation from Prem to Champ is the worst thing ever, but two from Champ to L2 is 'something that can be repaired in time'! £30m debt is terrible, but £60m is fine! Selling HR made us insecure, but breaking the long term rental deal without a replacement and burning every bridge in sight is OK!

You couldn't make it up.
I don't defend SISU you crank. I add my own opinion which isn't slavishly behind the council.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

torchomatic

Grendel

Grendel

Sky Blue Kid

Really? I didn't know you were around in the 12th Century Grendel. I mean, we've all seen pictures of William Wallace in a kilt, but the kilt wasn't invented till a good few years later :)

oscillatewildly

The CT are putting out little snippets from Mickey Adams book

Former Sky Blues boss threatened to punch Richard Keys

Is it any wonder we got in a mess even before SISU got here.....

It’s fair to say he didn’t have a lot of time for Robinson either, revealing the day the former chairman wanted to chivvy the troops up at Cardiff.

“We were playing at Cardiff and he asked me if it was OK if he went and wished the boys the best of luck,” said Adams.

“I said, 'yes, off you go,' and as it happened that day Cardiff City were warming up with sky blue tops on, so I was sat there with the physio and he went marching off onto the pitch before the game shaking hands with all the Cardiff players one by one and suddenly realised he’d got the wrong team.

“I just left him to it.”

Good old Geoffrey huh
Last game at HR - The walloping of Derby. I'd gone to the game armed with old 1960's/70's chewing gum cards, some old progs and an autograph book - Nostalgia, even for a time before 'my time' had gripped me as the demise of HR grew ever nearer in that final season. Almost immediately after full time (I missed JH's conducting of the choir on the pitch) I hedged my bets and ambled round to the main stand side where I presumed most former players would be exiting. It was a bit hit and miss especially as a lot were taking advantage of a rumoured free bar post match! (Apparently, Ernie Hunt and Bill Glazier received minor injuries when the bulldozers moved in a few months later.)
I spotted Robinson as he came out on foot (no doubt to meet his adoring public) from the enclosed private car park. After informing him that Blair was "A war criminal", I enquired if there were many of our legends still in the ground level banqueting suite and if so, who?
His reply, after very half heartedly defending Blair was to inform me - "Well, I wouldn't know".
I can't recall what disappointed me more at the time - The reply from someone I presumed would have witnessed Clarrie Bourton in his pomp or the fact that a former Paymaster General appeared to be wearing odd matching shoes.

hopesprings

The CT are putting out little snippets from Mickey Adams book

Former Sky Blues boss threatened to punch Richard Keys

Is it any wonder we got in a mess even before SISU got here.....

It’s fair to say he didn’t have a lot of time for Robinson either, revealing the day the former chairman wanted to chivvy the troops up at Cardiff.

“We were playing at Cardiff and he asked me if it was OK if he went and wished the boys the best of luck,” said Adams.

“I said, 'yes, off you go,' and as it happened that day Cardiff City were warming up with sky blue tops on, so I was sat there with the physio and he went marching off onto the pitch before the game shaking hands with all the Cardiff players one by one and suddenly realised he’d got the wrong team.

“I just left him to it.”

Good old Geoffrey huh
Yes and if you read about him in his other roles ..........well it is just amazing that he keeps getting elected........truly amazing especially in conection to Jaguar!!

Pete in Portugal

Lmao! quality story!

You couldn't make it up.

The fact is, that none of what was done by GR or SISU was OK. It's pointless to argue who was worse than the other. They both screwed up the club big time, for very selfish reasons. Ulimately, both have had a serious adverse impact on the long-term survival of the club.

Grendel

Users who are viewing this thread