Is it even possible to survive? (1 Viewer)

curly_tom

If we were to win all 6 remaining games, (which let's face it, we won't) would that be enough to stay up? I guess it would require one of those on 45 to win no more than 4 points and the others not to get many more. Almost impossible I think, especially given that we are away to Sheff tomorrow. It feels like after the highs of Sunday we should win but I would suspect it will have the reverse effect. I should add that I'm the eternal optimist with CCFC but this is as good as I can manage.

SkyBlue_Bear83

If we get to 50 (which we won't btw) it would give us a slim chance of survival. If i had to put a number on it i would say 50 points give us about a 25-30% chance of surviving.

SkyblueSpecial

The current table suggests 51 points will be needed to stay up. With our poor goal difference its effectively 52 points for us. A bit of a problem considering we can only get a maximum of 50 points.

In all honesty, if we're not mathematically down by 5pm this Saturday we will be doing well.

curly_tom

The goal difference would be much better were we to win 6 games of course, at least 6 better anyway. I think it's impossible to win 6 in a row, as said they will be knackered after the efforts on Sunday and presumably a monumental piss-up on the way back to Cov or in come hotel in London. I'd struggle to do sport tomorrow...

rob9872

We never come from behind but 10/1 just to win a single game with confidence high after the weekend is definitely tempting. Doesn't mean much in terms of staying up on its own but still a huge price.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Every player gave everything on Sunday have they anything left in the tank for tomorrow night

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Fook me!! They are young kids!! Of course they SHOULD be fit for tomorrow! Jeez! I hate these excuses that "We only played a game a couple of days ago". What the fook are they paid for? They should be fit enough for any game!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Anyway, apart from the odds of us staying up, anyone got any "nudge, nudge" tips for the National on Saturday? I have 4 horses picked out but not placed bets yet......

stevefloyd

I guess Turdgay will come back in and Reilly if fit, Jones only played a bit part and we now have Folivi, Bigis on a massive high so we have players to come in although for the rest of the season they haven't really exerted themselves too much so they should be quite fresh really ;)

rob9872

Dusty carpet. Can't see it getting beaten.

Gazolba

We're down. Accept it and move on.

Paxman II

Leicester have shown what can happen yet again. They just got their 6th win in a row.

Shrewsbury would have to collapse and we win all 6.

So lets face it we are down.

rupert_bear

Just makes that three months of Russell Slade even more annoying, who appointed him ? Oh yes it was the bloke who said "judge me in January"

Astute

We had some massive escapes over the years. We stayed up when there looked little chance. But how it stands now it just won't happen. We need to win every game and other teams need to keep losing.

But if we could get to the last day with just a chance then I would believe.

skybluetony176

It's not very often a team drops out of this league with 50 points however this season the five teams above the drop zone who theoretically we can catch and pass are already on 45 or more points so I wouldn't be at all surprised if 50 points wasn't enough to survive the drop this season. It's over already I fear. Anything less than a win tonight all but seals it.

no_loyalty

Just makes that three months of Russell Slade even more annoying, who appointed him ? Oh yes it was the bloke who said "judge me in January"

Mark Venus would have been the one who recommended Slade to Fisher

Captain Dart

In all honesty, if we're not mathematically down by 5pm this Saturday we will be doing well.
if we're not mathematically down by 5pm this Saturday there will be a minimum of 8 more threads wondering if we can stay up. :emoji_smirk:

Captain Dart

Fook me!! They are young kids!! Of course they SHOULD be fit for tomorrow! Jeez! I hate these excuses that "We only played a game a couple of days ago". What the fook are they paid for? They should be fit enough for any game!
Physically they'll be OK, mentally they might be a bit fragged.

Monners

We've got two hopes - and this is one of them.

images

aloisiwouldhavescored

Possibility of staying up Yes, likelihood of staying up No, and I am the eternal optimist.
Went to Spurs in 1997 when we were all but down and then stayed up against all the odds, but think this time it is too little too late.
As long as we keep fighting to the bitter end though and keep the spirit from Sunday. PUSB.

ajsccfc

I'd put money on one or more of the teams dropping enough points for us to catch them, but even in our little resurgence I can't see us winning enough points to do so.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I think after the game on Saturday we will be confirmed as relegated, irrespective of how we do against Sheffield and Peterborough.

curly_tom

Well I guess tonight has sealed it really. It was a vague hope and now no hope. Build for next season, play the kids and hope a few of them hang around for a decent run at League 2. I remember having conversations about how we'd win games next year after the last two relegations so we'll see....

Adge

Well I guess tonight has sealed it really. It was a vague hope and now no hope. Build for next season, play the kids and hope a few of them hang around for a decent run at League 2. I remember having conversations about how we'd win games next year after the last two relegations so we'll see....
I don't get this at all. Play the kids for next season-isn't that what we have done this season? This is the reason we are bottom and are going down.

Users who are viewing this thread