Is it even possible to survive? (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueScottie

Anyway, apart from the odds of us staying up, anyone got any "nudge, nudge" tips for the National on Saturday? I have 4 horses picked out but not placed bets yet......

Of course they are fit enough to run around for 90 minutes, however its not quite so simple is it... We played on Sunday, they last played over a week ago, who is more likely to be at a better level of performance?

CovBurty

Disagree. If we had Robins early in the season rather than Venus and Slade we'd have been alright, the latter in particular took us from just flirting with relegation to moving in and getting a dog with it.
We didn't have Robins. so guesswork. in Janunary may have shuffled the pack better with Robins. Mr Fisher thought Venus could cope with his cack squad. That's where we failed
Venus failure. his cack squad handed over to useless Slade. too many mistakes by Mr. Fisher except in Mickey Mouse Cup, when suddenly City turned up.

Nick

Administrator
We didn't have Robins. so guesswork. in Janunary may have shuffled the pack better with Robins. Mr Fisher thought Venus could cope with his cack squad. That's where we failed
Venus failure. his cack squad handed over to useless Slade. too many mistakes by Mr. Fisher except in Mickey Mouse Cup, when suddenly City turned up.

I'm still glad that Fisher's master tactics won us a cup.

Some of them were master strokes.

covcity4life

Disagree. If we had Robins early in the season rather than Venus and Slade we'd have been alright, the latter in particular took us from just flirting with relegation to moving in and getting a dog with it.

wahey

another one agrees with covcity4life. only absolute dumb shits believed that this squad would be down regardless of who our manager is.

as i always say LISTEN TO ME PEOPLE.

Nick

Administrator
and you all took it

I liked what he did with one of the games where he played Lamieras, Jones and Thomas up front and they kept rotating and caused all sorts of issues. The way he can single handedly win us a cup just to hide a relegation was really skilled.

More absolute bullshit.

CovBurty

I liked what he did with one of the games where he played Lamieras, Jones and Thomas up front and they kept rotating and caused all sorts of issues. The way he can single handedly win us a cup just to hide a relegation was really skilled.

More absolute bullshit.
You are entitled to ur view. same as. some fans would take that trophy even if we got relegated. me as old school the league stat us more important. but I am old City. I must lower my expectations now.

CovBurty

You are entitled to ur view. same as. some fans would take that trophy even if we got relegated. me as old school the league stat us more important. but I am old City. I must lower my expectations now.
for example. next season if we fail to get promoted but get to another Mickey Mouse Cup final, I will go. cause the MM cup means more to City fans now. so I have to accept Sisu's new 'lesser' Coventry City. see what they've done?

Nick

Administrator
for example. next season if we fail to get promoted but get to another Mickey Mouse Cup final, I will go. cause the MM cup means more to City fans now. so I have to accept Sisu's new 'lesser' Coventry City. see what they've done?

Just hope Fisher gets his tactics right for the games. He needs to stop the wing backs.

ajsccfc

We didn't have Robins. so guesswork.

Saying relegation was sealed by the time Mowbray left is guesswork too, as neither of us are Marty McFly we can't really employ time travel to prove anything.

Robins has won a third of his games so far with the 'cack squad' who he took over when they were rock bottom and had zero confidence. Nobody can tell me that if he had come in earlier in the season when we weren't deep in shit, he had longer to work with the squad and a transfer window to work within that he wouldn't have done better than housing developer Mark Venus and potato with eyes Russell Slade.

covcity4life

Saying relegation was sealed by the time Mowbray left is guesswork too, as neither of us are Marty McFly we can't really employ time travel to prove anything.

Robins has won a third of his games so far with the 'cack squad' who he took over when they were rock bottom and had zero confidence. Nobody can tell me that if he had come in earlier in the season when we weren't deep in shit, he had longer to work with the squad and a transfer window to work within that he wouldn't have done better than housing developer Mark Venus and potato with eyes Russell Slade.

grendel used to try. now he avoids the subject

ccfc_ukr

I'm still glad that Fisher's master tactics won us a cup.

Some of them were master strokes.

lol! This made my chuckle more than it should - dont ask why, probably cuz Im waaay past caring.

The only think Fisher is capable of stroking is the giant knob handing off his forehead!

singers_pore

Just hope Fisher gets his tactics right for the games. He needs to stop the wing backs.

Have a fucking day off ffs.

We are still waiting for your promised list of ideas about how we are going to take the protest direct to SISU. What's the excuse this time?

Nick

Administrator
Have a fucking day off ffs.

We are still waiting for your promised list of ideas about how we are going to take the protest direct to SISU. What's the excuse this time?
Waiting to see your massive protest?

I've posted plenty over time if you really want to see them..

It's not me who makes out Fisher is behind the cup win...

singers_pore

Waiting to see your massive protest?

I've posted plenty over time if you really want to see them..

It's not me who makes out Fisher is behind the cup win...

So you've shat it then. What's up? Timmy didn't give you permission to post the protest ideas? You really are a complete bellend.

Nick

Administrator
So you've shat it then. What's up? Timmy didn't give you permission to post the protest ideas? You really are a complete bellend.
Hardly shat it when I've already posted them throughout the years..

How was sisu hq? Post the pics up Jonny big potatoes.

its a buzzard

I'm glad you've finally got bored of the "shit cup" , but I fear we might be hearing quite a bit about the Mickey Mouse cup. Oh joy. "Old City" - WTF?

CovBurty

I'm glad you've finally got bored of the "shit cup" , but I fear we might be hearing quite a bit about the Mickey Mouse cup. Oh joy. "Old City" - WTF?
old city means I got to support City at games in terracing, at a decent level(not shit L1 and L2) and expected them to stay in that level for years. Now our expectations have been lowered to MM CUPS and whether we can survive more than a couple of years in a already shit league. consider myself lucky I've seen a few decent City teams. Today best the kids have got is a MM cup final. Be interesting to see how many of this current squad qualify as legends

Users who are viewing this thread